Do you like your birthday??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely ADORE birthdays, but just not my own.

I get such a rush making cards, drawing pictures, putting together the perfect present, but then I get all shy when I give it to them.

I like making "survival kits" so, all of that person's favourite small things in a little box.

I once spent 3 months making a scrapbook for my best friend, full of signatures and photos etc. I even got baby pictures from her mum behind her back. She cried, bless her heart.

The boy I like currently haaaates birthdays and I've already thought of a million things I'd like to buy him. I don't view money as equating love, but I like to show people I care, even with a little cartoon I've drawn for them.

I generally hate my birthday though, because it's kinda like new years in the fact it always gets built up. Meh.

I wanna send this boy loads of lovely things, but I think I'll just get him a book.

I hate birthday for a number of reasons:

1. I get 1 yr older
2. It's nothing special, just another day in a year
3. I don't get any party/cakes/celebration from friends or family. My parents are overseas and both I and my brother are not the celebratory type. My friends don't hold parties for me and I do not think parties have meanings if I have to ask people to come. I also fear the embarrassment of inviting people and being declined. It would just make me feel worse.

I guess I could say that I hate my birthday too. My parents always get so worked up with me around the time that my birthday takes place. I always end up getting yelled at, grounded, or both, which sorta kills the special day for me. They seem to treat me like I'm still 5 or something, as if they still need to keep controlling my life. Goodbye house. Hello college dorm!

I don't like birthdays , because it's just another day to remember myself that i have no real friends. And I hate all those "happy birthday" from the people that i don't even know and they are saying it just to be polite and all that honeysuckle, I hate it!!! I have chose to hide my birthday date in my facebook account, so luckily, last year I didn't get a single one of that "Hey, happy birthday" crap. Christmas though are far far worse then birthday, I hate those days, last year i had some work to do during that period, hopefully this year, I will have some kind of work to do also.

No, because ever year I have to act all shocked and surprised when i open a present from my parents, to find....its a pair of socks! Yea! I'm like " oh thanks, you shouldn't have, it's too much, I still have the pair you got me last year"

Oh, and another thing, relatives stop putting money in your cards when you reach 13. Wtf is all that about? Man, I miss those days when you opened a card from grandma and a crisp £10 note would fall to the floor...

I don't really care much right now. Its simply just another day.

13th birthday: At home

14th birthday: At home

15th birthday: At home (my age right now)

Future predictions:
16th birthday: At home, nothing special, no parties, no friends, no girlfriend, etc.

17th birthday: At home, nothing special, no parties, no friends, no girlfriend, etc.

18th birthday: At home, nothing special, no parties, no friends, no girlfriend, etc.

And so on and so forth.

I am not against my birthday, just people making a big deal out of it. Or any deal, for that matter. People feel obligated to do things for you. I don't understand why.

like others have said, i'm usually indifferent. i go out for a couple of drinks with friends and maybe catch a movie. what i hate is going to family/relatives to celebrate. i dislike attention and i especially dislike the obligation of giving thanks after receiving presents (which is why i always say i don't want anything). not sure why. =\

Mine have all been at home, I'm 16, i don't usually go and do aomething, although my friend dragged me out and took me bowling for it last time, i don't like people making a big deal but if its just a couple of us doing something fun i prefer it to anything else

Ak5 said:
I don't really care much right now. Its simply just another day.

13th birthday: At home

14th birthday: At home

15th birthday: At home (my age right now)

Future predictions:
16th birthday: At home, nothing special, no parties, no friends, no girlfriend, etc.

17th birthday: At home, nothing special, no parties, no friends, no girlfriend, etc.

18th birthday: At home, nothing special, no parties, no friends, no girlfriend, etc.

And so on and so forth.

Let me re-try my future predictions.

17th birthday: At home/Party, a lot of friends.

18th birthday: At home/Party, a lot of friends.

And so on and so forth, hopefully :club:

Last year I forgot about my birthday. Seriously. Someone had to REMIND me that it was my birthday. And even then I didn't remember how old I was.

lol

I like my birthday. It's my day, one in the whole year. It's important to me. And if I mean anything to you at all, you better remember it.

Last year no one (not even one single person in the whole world!) remembered my birthday. I must say that it wasn't a nice feeling.
For some time now I've been planning to actually go out and buy some gifts for myself on my birthday day. Maybe this year I will actually do it. :) :)

Well, lovelace, might I say you seem perfectly healthy and happy in your state of mind.

Personally, I hate my birthday. For the same reason as the 15 year old kid who posted above (Ak5). Except I'm 20! And those future predictions are still going to end being true for my 3rd decade of life...

I like my birthday as many celebrate it with me, they have parties and let streamers off for me as well.......New Years Day.:)

Look! People speaking negative things into existence! I believe my next birthday will be spent with at least one friend or family member, and that I will make the most of this day.

Latest posts

Back