Do you like your birthday??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it's best to spend birthdays alone..
When it's a weekday or some vacation day or holiday.. and it's my birthday...
I wake up and take a hot shower... But then I reminisce..
And then I say: "I'm really.. one year older?!" I also look at my legs and body to see if I've grown any unnecessary hair lol.
Hahahaha
"It's that time again to shave."

I am not a big fan of my birthday never really been a nice time, just stressful and it only seems to remind me how much my life sucks as i get older.

It's the one day a year I have cake to look forward to. So it's not all bad. Sure, it means having to make the cake, but it's well worth it. It's become a half-year process, starting from picking the berries for it, and ending with making the cake on my birthday. :) For me, the birthday is generally the day I kick back and relax, have some cake, and watch my favourite movies.

At least I'm not sitting alone in the kitchen, weeping openly like a little girl while I disheartetly sing 'Happy birthday to me' while watching a candle melt on a stale muffin saved up for the occasion. Oh, with a party hat on my head, naturally. :p

Always thought I could at least try and make something of a single day a year, even if most of the rest of it goes to menial labour, loneliness and general state of disgruntled apathy.

There's no point in celebrating one more year of misery.

The brief interest people will show you is only for show. It's all done as a "polite" gesture and that's exactly what it feels like - Awkward and fake.

I spend my birthdays at home, doing the same things I always do.

Thankfully, in the last few years people have caught on to me and they don't bother. HALLELUJAH!

I like celebrating other people's birthdays and getting things for them, but I feel uncomfortable when it's my turn, lol. I've noticed for my past few birthdays, that I have made myself scarce to people so they couldn't sing the "Happy B'day" song to me. Somehow, that really embarrasses me!

Also, I have so many cards...and sometimes I feel that people get one only because they feel obligated. I don't want anyone to have to get me anything only because they feel pressured. :(

I think I would enjoy my birthdays more if I got to do what I really felt like doing, instead of being stuck somewhere because of my financial situation or no transportation. I'd really like to go somewhere on my own for one of these b'days.. take a trip somewhere or see a concert, I dunno..something memorable or beautiful. :)

Latest posts

Back