Does anybody else only play old school video games?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just make sure you do your homework when it comes to buying clones.
The idea is really neat, they just tend to be made cheaply and don't emulate everything the way you'd hope.

Youtube is a perfect way to find out which clone system is for you.

I've owned 2 at one point. A portable NES, and I still have my Sega Gopher.
The cartridge slot for the FC Mobile 2 I got became so loose that the cartridge would barely stay in.
They're really neat though. Perhaps mine was just faulty. One of the buttons went out after owning it for a little while.

I played Zelda A Link to the Past on a N64 system, and, a little later, on a gameboy advance. one of the best games ever, no doubt.

also, if anyone is interested, you don't have to have an old console to play videogames from the 80s or 90s. anyone can download a free emulator from the internet and play games on a computer. games are also available for free download online. of course having a console is much more comfortable than sitting at your laptop :D

I just bought a clone NES, since my old NES was lost (this is crappy, the original NES I was given as a birthday present in 1986 was "lost", and the N64 I got for almost new from Goodwill was stolen!)

So far, it's been working great, but I hear that there may be some games that won't work on it. I hope I never come across those!

Oh, and bummed over my Sega Game Gear. Is there anything I can do? Maybe a clone I can buy for the actual Genesis, that will play these games on the tv? I seem to remember that Super Nintendo had a way to play Game Boy games on the SNES at one point, although I never had that...my friend did, though.

I think there is a plug and play device that has so many Game Gear games on it.
http://stoneagegamer.com/poga.aspx

Outside of that realm, unless you know someone who does mods or fools with electronics, I think you'll have to buy another.

OH, I'm all about "Old School" games. Atari, Coleco, NES, SNES. I prefer older rpg's to today's ones. Most of today's are just too involved, taking away from the simplicity and class that makes up a traditional rpg.

Yeah, I get very nostalgic about old school games at times. I tend to play them more often even, I've got a complete collection of nes, sega, and snes in rom format. Sometimes I even wish I still had some of the old C64 games, but haven't found any working emulators for that. I like to see stuff that lasts, rather then this mentality that we immediately discard everything for whatever is new. My own former best friend (who ripped me off for some 30 grand) would not play my RPGm2 game, because it was "old school" and he only plays games with high graphics now. Whatever.

We still have the Gameboy we bought AGES ago, and I still have Pokemon yellow and some other stuff. I had this batman game that I really miss, I wish I could find it again. Anyway, there's a cool Gameboy game called Spartan, a bit short though.

+1 to the Gamecube! Got about 40 Games which I never intend to sell x]

I might be getting a Wii, not sure though.

Either way, I think the older games are the best. Got about 62 games on 7 older consoles, and don't plan to get rid of them...ever.

How about download a emulator ?

I once had an amiga emulator sofware.
Sometimes i fee llike using it again...some of these great games from that time still haunts me :D

I don't want an emulator. I would rather play the actual games I have...if not, there is no reason to keep them.

Latest posts

Back