Does Chronic Loneliness = Social Retardation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iBreathe said:
SophiaGrace said:
What do you think?

Ummmm imo, no. Def. not. Because there are people that have outstanding social skills, acquaintances, a life, basically and they're still lonely.

It's the whole 'I'm surrounded by people day in and day out, but I feel like I'm the only odd person in the universe'. And I'm getting tired of the charade of 'everything is just lovely'...

I like what (not sure who typed it... Vanilla maybe?) one person said though about self-respect and loving yourself.

Am I making any sense today? o_O

Yes, that what i feel like... i have lots of friends and do go out but i am still a very shy person and go basically mute sometimes if im in a group of people. I overanalyse and think people are going to judge me negatively on anything i say. I feel like the "only odd person in the universe" no matter who im with or where im at.

iBreathe said:
SophiaGrace said:
What do you think?

Ummmm imo, no. Def. not. Because there are people that have outstanding social skills, acquaintances, a life, basically and they're still lonely.

I agree. I wouldn't say loneliness definitely equals social retardation. There's people who are not lonely, and still can't socialize. And there are people who have no problem socializing, yet are lonely. I believe in some cases, they may go hand-in-hand, but it's not always the case.

Latest posts

Back