does your family and/or friends know you frequent a site for lonely people?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
meaning here, or maybe other sites if you do. i havent told anyone that i found this place. i just dont feel like getting into it with people about my loneliness and the way i am. i could probably tell my sister and/or my aunt and they wouldnt think anything of it.

My little sister knows. But she's pretty nonchalant about things and is really mature as a person, so I can talk to her about a lot of things and not feel anxious about it in the least. Hell, I tell her about my ever-growing list of failed first dates even, and how awesome it was when I gave a demonstration during my blood pressure speech and got to touch this girl's arm. And she doesn't make fun of me or anything.

Other than her, no one.

No, but I don't care who knows. I'm sure my brother has seen the title of the site up before. Doesn't bother me.

Nope, no one really knows, people I know online don't either, I usually go by this name on forums but I go by another for other more personal stuff, I don't really care if people find out, but I rather not get in people's face about my personal problems and such, this is kind of the haven that lets me talk and say whatever I want.

Lawrens said:
Nope, no one really knows, people I know online don't either, I usually go by this name on forums but I go by another for other more personal stuff, I don't really care if people find out, but I rather not get in people's face about my personal problems and such, this is kind of the haven that lets me talk and say whatever I want.

same here. im a little more open here than with people around me in my life.

neither family nor friends know I come to this site [among others]. I just assume that they'd either pity me or try and get me to see a doctor or something. I'm not keen on doctors or pity.

No one knows and I would like to keep it that way.
Should my family know, they would track down every post of mine and it would come back to me.
I enjoy being able to privately express my frustration at the world - *growl* - and along with other personal matters with people that would understand.

Nop. Mine know nothing about any sites I frequent. Acutely they know very little of anything I do in life as well.
Wast of time family I have.

yeah my family knows.... I've told them... my brother keeps telling me that if there are any people near by.. that I really should start asking them to hang out, rather than just sitting on the computer by myself all night... so those of you... there are 3 anyway... those near by... if you read this... wanna hang? :)

edgecrusher said:
does your family and/or friends know you frequent a site for lonely people?

Family and friends? If i had family and friends i wouldn't be here.

no mine don't, though sometimes I nonchalantly mention it under a psudamin like my online support group for the socially awkward

though one time my mom saw and it was all like a long drawn out

eugggg so now i just scroll down when I log down so the logo isn't visable

evanescencefan91 said:
eugggg so now i just scroll down when I log down so the logo isn't visable

haha, i do the same thing when y roommate comes in my room to talk to me while im on here.

I told my friend tonight and she thinks it's great for she is as lonely as I am. She doe not have a computer and lives further away. It's a good site. I also use a dif name here than other places for all the same reasons. You guys are great the way you all support each other-the way it should be in the real world-but...

No, nobody knows. Well, if my parents come into my room I have no need to do anything about it. They can't read in english, so it doesn't matter. But I don't tell my friends about it. I just think it would be weird for them, somehow. They probably don't think of me as a lonely guy, and even if I spend time alone, they figure I always like it. Which I do, but not all the time.

It's possible my husband has seen the screen up on my computer, but I haven't mentioned it to him. Otherwise nobody knows what forums I visit. I guess it doesn't matter much though, I haven't said anything too embarrassing on here yet.

hint: make that logo on top a bit smaller so that people standing 3 metres away can't read it?

no "friend" knows about this. and i have completely different nickname here than elsewhere so that they can't really google-find me or something. if someone i know happen to join this forum then i don't care anyway. as for my family: due to auto-refresh (I had it scrolled down, but forgot to minimize it) my brother saw the title, but haven't mention it since, even then left me alone. he does whine 'bout me hanging in xat chat all the time, lol. and my mother happened to see the big text on top, too. oh well. 'tleast they didn't give me any problems bout it. I'd prefer they didn't know, was very careful hiding in the beginning, but I became just a bit too careless now, I guess.

My kids have busted me and so of course, with the directness of children, asked me how I can be lonely when I have them. I said, well I'm not lonely when you're here, but when you're at your dad's I get very lonely sometimes, and then they reminded me that I shouldn't be lonely because I have the cat for company when they're gone.

It was sweet of them, but they still don't get the difference between "alone" and "lonely."

My best friend knows as I told him about it the other night and he was supportive of it. He has a similar mind set so he understands.
I am currently without internet access at my apartment, so I use my BlackBerry or go to my parents house and use their computer. I too scroll down so as to hide the logo. But sometimes not fast enough. I think my pa has seen the title but has not commented. I think he understands. My ma on the other hand would probably question what it is all about.
As for anyone else I know, I don't mention it at all. In my line of work I would probably get "harassed" for even expressing anything like what I have posted in ALL.

Latest posts

Back