does your family and/or friends know you frequent a site for lonely people?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm like Matej, I have a different username for here than anywhere else.

Two of my housemates, my parents and my therapist knows. All thought it was a good idea, though were warey of me putting on personal details (which I do not).

I look at it on my BlackBerry a lot, and I go on my laptop too, and am often scrolling it down. One of my ex-boyfriends came up to me in the library the other day when I was on chat. I had been working for TWO HOURS and when I'd finally got bored and flicked over, he came up THEN.
Gah..

It makes me feel a bit embarrassed.

My family and friends don't know. I don't want to be lame. Lol.

My family knows nothing, and I have nothing to hide either - If they find out, they find out, but I'm not going to deliberately mention it for any reason. Even if they found out, and seen I'd bitched about them on here or something, I still don't care. If they hate me for speaking from my heart, I still don't care. After all, I've disowned my immediate family. They mean nothing to me anymore and I don't have an ounce of love for the ones who have hurt me all this time :)

My boyfriend knows, because I'm open with him about everything.

No one else knows though, and I'd like to keep it that way. I tend to come off as independent and self-sufficient, so people don't suspect that I'm lonely. I'd rather they not think otherwise.

No one offline knows, but some of my online friends on chats know and they understand. If I told my family they would question me and seek a psychologist or doctor or what ever. As for my offline friends, they would probably joke about it enough to never hear the end of it, and ask why I don't hang out with them more but they don't realize sometimes I need alone time... Either way it would not turn out well.

No.

If they found out though . . I wouldn't really care.

Although, i'd rather not tell 'em cause they'd be all like
'Oh talking to strangers on the internet isn't safe . . they could be murderers or pedophiles'
The dumb honeysuckle parents think lol.

Hell no! My parents don't know. One of the main reasons i chose this forum is because my parents wont understand a thing.
Yeah! I told them it's a forum to learn english. Shame on me! Shame on me! but it's better than what would wait for me if they know...

Ahahaha, no way! My friends would laugh at me behind my back and my family would start showing pity. fresia that honeysuckle!

I use a different online handle at every other place I frequent, I'm not taking any chances at all.

No one I know in real life knows... It is difficult enough pretending that everything is fine. I would rather not deal with having to explain all of this to people face to face. I do not believe they could understand anyhow

Oscillate_Wildly said:
Certain people would worry, certain people would mock, certain people wouldn't care. So I keep it hidden

Exactly, but i wouldn't mind telling certain friends cause i know they would understand. my mom would probably worry if she knew. other than that, i really wouldn't want it going around that i go to a forum for lonely people. Probably because nobody would suspect that I'm as lonely as i am because i don't really express my feelings in the outside world. it's a funny thing how much easier it is to communicate with people you've never met before on the internet than with people you know in the outside world.

No. The most they know is that I spend time in a chat room. Regardless of how you deal with your problems, you don't really present them to other members of the family here. You take care of your own.

no one in my family knows about it. and i guess they dont give **** whether i am depressed. all they are concerned is i am burden on them.

My husband knows, we keep no secrets from each other. He know that I'm lonely and have no friends, he even gave me extra money to put on my mobile for air time so I can come onto this forum. We do talk but sometimes it's not enough and some issues I have is hard for him to understand. He doesn't know whats in my posts though but he trust me has do I trust him.

No and they probably never will. My mom couldn't accept when I was depressed, she just told me to get over it. She knows I get lonely because when something happens that really upsets me I'll call her long distance to tell her what happened. She's more understanding then she was seven years ago.

I have no family and haven't mentioned it to my friends. I don't know why, but it can be hard to tell people you are lonely. This, of course, makes it even more lonely as it is all inside.

Latest posts

Back