Done being human

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noname

Reaction score
I'm so sick of being human. Having emotions. What purpose does it serve, other than to amplify one's life. for once, I just want to experience life without the burden of feelings. I want to not cry everytime a certain guy doesn't call ~roll eyes~, or stare at a beautiful sky and feel all uplifted like a fool. I just want to not feel anything for once in this miserable existence. Not be aware that I AM miserable. With all the medical breakthroughs, you would think someone would've found a cure for emotions by now. I mean, what really is the reason??? I think I am willing to trade the small joy I feel occasionally for the extinction of the great heartache and lonliness I have to experience on a daily basis. I don't think I would miss a **** thing. I would be more rational and sensible. I'd help without hesitation. I'd be unmoved, unaffected and single minded. Nothing would matter anymore and that's perfectly fine with me.

Sick of being human ? Do U want to be a machine ? lol!!!
>> I don't think I would miss a **** thing.
You would.

>>I would be more rational and sensible. I'd help without hesitation. I'd be unmoved, unaffected and single minded. Nothing would matter anymore and that's perfectly fine with me.<<
Sensible would gone with the rest of humanity. And what do U mean by saying "would help without hesitation ?" ? That is not true. You help cuz you have feelings and not the instructions, well unless you would be some kind of robot and have this in your program.

Seriously that wouldn't be an option.

You have to remember that to an extent emotions are a survival mechanism. The Amygdala, Limbic system and such house our primal emotions, without fear and rage we would probably would have been wiped out by gorillas or tigers or something. Without the will to have sex that other parts of our brain and hormones release, we probably would never reproduce. And as social creatures things like guilt and admiration have driven us to stay in our communities.

As shitty as emotions can be, they are the main reason our species is still thriving and raping the Earth screwing over all the other species (Except for the ones we have chosen to ruin by domestication).

The world would be a reeeeally boring place without emotions. Sure, emotions may have been the cause of countless personal and world-wide disasters, but I think that's balanced up by all the good it brings. With every upside there's a downside. That's life, and that's what keeps us going

Equaliberium i think thats how you spell it is a good movie about this, the movie takes place after i presume ww3 and there is a new civilisation emerging that has placed emotions as the ultimate enemy and produces a drug to stop them and wages war against the ppl outside the ppl who feel as 'sense-offenders' and any art, books, music etc is burned as it illicts emotions from us and is a possible source of future "taint" and follows a elite sense offender hunter who kills his partner after he finds out his partner is one then he stops taking it after some events and yeh its really interesting a good look at what it would be like without emotions

well....I awaked everyday serching for signs that a spaceship might come and beem me
to a galexy beyound this deminsion too.lol

I did took the route of puming my system with mind altering, mood changing substance.
I saw a lot of wierd honeysuckle, I tell ya. I was way out there.
I was thinking I had a sixth sence or even a 7th.lol
That was no good.....being numb all the time.
I'd wake up with strangers in my bed. She looked like she was from another planet too.
I had **** bruses all over me and my wallet was empty.lol
Did someone mention what gose up must come down ?????

I think I was trying to mentally and emotionally shut down as a defencsive machenism.
I either experiecne turama and/or lack coping skills.

But walking into a cave without a flash light would be totally screwies...
So damaging my CNS or shuting it down is not such a good idea.

well, I don't think the mothership is coming back for me anytime soon.
Taking legel or illegel drugs wasn't the answers I was looking for.

For better or for worst. I don't belive I'll ever be here on this plain in this
moment in time again. The earth will never be the same as it is right here right now.
Life here on earth will never be the same again.

In the grand sceheme of things... I guess 80-100 earth reverlution around the sun
is but a flash. Maybe I am a being from another realm gathering data of the human experince.

Or maybe I'm a spiritaul being having a human experince...some would say.

Or maybe I'm a part of that bigger thing that some would term "god" experincing
a part of the alpha and the omega (truth).

Or maybe...I'm just wierd.lmao

Never the less here I am. I'm trying to take it all end as best as I can.
I ate some ice cream today...Life can be pretty sweet at times.

I am more of a machine then a human, after years and years of going through the same honeysuckle you get so callous that you turn to metal.

I tried that once. To not care about anything.
That lasted all of 5 minutes.

Painful emotions are not always a bad thing. I will help you appreciate the good times even more.

Plus I don't think its possible. I have not completed the formula as of yet.

SunWeb said:
Sick of being human ? Do U want to be a machine ?

Yes, yes I do. I want to be something like Data from Star Trek. He and his most awesome positronic brain.
I don't think the world would be that worse off if we were all like Datas. I don't mean if we were all androids, because of course that's impossible, but more like just clearly rational, unaffected humans. We wouldn't wage wars because we'd be able to completely grasp the consequences. We'd rationally resolve our differences through communication and understanding. Rape, murder, and suicide, all obliterated. All the world's problems would be solved if humans were emotionless creatures. Sure, life would be pretty plain and anticlimactic, but imagine all we can accomplish. I know I'm treading on foreign ground. who know's what life would actually be like if humans had less or no emotions, all I know is, Data is kick-ass.

noname said:
We wouldn't wage wars because we'd be able to completely grasp the consequences. We'd rationally resolve our differences through communication and understanding. Rape, murder, and suicide, all obliterated.

That's not really true.

You never see better economic, social, and scientific advances than during times of war. Logically going to war would be good.

If people were left to reproduce out of sheer logic instead of pleasure or passion, the human race would die within a generation. Without orgasm, or passion, etc. No one would rationalize the years of looking after another organism for the small while sex comparatively takes.

Not to mention if people were not willingly having sex out of desire but of duty, that technically qualifies as rape, that's technically rape. It's kind of like being pressured into sex.

As far as murder and suicide are concerned, a lot of people would begin to figure out that their existence causes more harm than good for the planet as whole, you'd see a lot of people willing to self-euthanize, execute, cleanse, sterilize and so forth when logically they figure out their life is fairly worthless and they are more cancer than cure.

Not to mention when you give up emotions you're also throwing out things like compassion, mercy, empathy, love, etc.

Planet Earth would be one gigantic unceasing bloodbath without emotions and the will to live. This Star Trek fantasy of yours needs to follow it's own logic.

noname said:
SunWeb said:
Sick of being human ? Do U want to be a machine ?

Yes, yes I do. I want to be something like Data from Star Trek. He and his most awesome positronic brain.
I don't think the world would be that worse off if we were all like Datas. I don't mean if we were all androids, because of course that's impossible, but more like just clearly rational, unaffected humans. We wouldn't wage wars because we'd be able to completely grasp the consequences. We'd rationally resolve our differences through communication and understanding. Rape, murder, and suicide, all obliterated. All the world's problems would be solved if humans were emotionless creatures. Sure, life would be pretty plain and anticlimactic, but imagine all we can accomplish. I know I'm treading on foreign ground. who know's what life would actually be like if humans had less or no emotions, all I know is, Data is kick-ass.

See. How you was write all that stuff. Machiens couldn't do it. Hey ! You wouldn't be able to say "Data is kick-ass" cuz that will have no sense in that, and so on. Just look at....well practicly any movie besides trash pictures I mean. Robots want to be more human than a machine, even if they don't admit it (they usually do) they act so.

Be happy....be Human !!! Hey !!! You already human being ;) CONGRADULATIONS TO YOU !!!! BE HAPPY !!!

lol, Data is kick-ass. But he was programed to be like he is? maybe he evolved to be like that. IDK, I mean I doubt data him self could answer that one. But also the way we are to a certain ascent is down to evolution and genes being passed down to us and from our upbringing and the friends we made. Are did we make them? Maybe we just adapted to our surroundings that we had at the time. Do any of us really have a choice in the way things turn out for us? maybe where just programed to feel and do the things we do and feel?

Latest posts

Back