dope and hope

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnfletcher

Reaction score
i have strange feeling like i am going to be alone for ever. girls don't find me attractive ( no offence to girls i do understand) . everythig is so funny i am kind of happy i finaly find my hobby( the way of tea ) and i enjoy it i am probably ungrateful i am not the only man who is alone and i still got the tea bud i long for female
company and i have sexual feelings too . but 22 years of my existence were not enough to to have girlfriend nor sex. waiting is getting painful . if anybody has similar story here is suggestion drink more tea do you have suggestion for me ?

My first suggestion is that you should use punctuation. As far as it goes with girls, your story is a pretty common one on here, and, I guess, in general. It really depends on what it is that you want. There are several options. A recent poster talked about how prostitution gave him a lot of fulfillment, but that would depend on how important the idea of sex/ physical intimacy vs love/ emotional intimacy is to you. Also, if you find it morally sound. If you aren't looking for an easy fix like that, then there are some realities to consider. I don't know how unattractive you are. You could simply be plain, in which case your situation is easier to maneuver, or you could be really messed up (like me), in which case its tougher. Now, I've not been able to make anything work for me, but I've done a fair amount of thinking on the matter. Behaviorally speaking, people approach finding a partner from a fairly economic point of view. They measure what their own perceived value (in terms of physical attractiveness) is against that of potential partners. Its rare, unless its due to misunderstanding their own position, that people will date lower than they see themselves. That goes for the people you would describe as kind, or deep, as much as it goes for the one's you would call shallow. If you are without any kind of distinguishing ugliness or disfigurement, than, through effort, you have a certain capacity to increase your physical stock: exercise, fashion, grooming, etc. However, there are certain biological limitations there. You can't yet, outside of surgery (which really hasn't developed to the point where I would recommend it), fix an overly asymmetrical face, bad bone structure, or other distinct features. If that is the boat you are in, or if you simply don't think you would be capable of sticking to what it would take to increase your appearance, there are still potential solutions. The first would be to increase your appeal in other ways. While many women still won't overlook appearance, there are a large amount who would be more amenable to giving you a chance if you are financially sound, are in a position of privilege or status, or have a strong social standing. Since the latter two are often governed by the same sexual dynamics that I listed above, the more likely option is financial stability. Even if one is self-sufficient, we still look for partners who meet our own perceived economic status. Basically, you can try to leverage other appeals against your looks. Another way to look at it is that you should simply shoot for someone who sits in the same position you are in. Its been shown that, while people don't really change what they find attractive dependent on their own attractiveness, they do elevate the relative importance of other features. If you can get a good idea of where you stand, you might find a slice of the female population who would be open to judging you based on secondary characteristics: humor, niceness, intelligence, honesty. Thing is though, that is still dependent to an extent on your physical appearance. If you are just a bit ugly, you can find someone of similar attractiveness to over look that. But, if you fall below a certain threshold, even a woman of a similar position will have a hard time accepting you as a partner. Like I said, we don't change what we see as attractive based on our own attractiveness, we just decrease its importance. But, we don't eliminate it, and all people have a standard.

This might seem like a bit of a cynical approach to the situation, but that's only because the deeper stuff is what happens after selection. Forming bonds, and getting to know each other still matters. But, you have to work around the calculus of getting your foot in the door.

Latest posts

Back