Eliminating sex drive?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twitchy

Hi all...long time no post...

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I suppose it could be considered a "social" problem.

I've recently been looking into ways of eliminating my sex drive. My reasons are best illustrated by the temporary change in my avatar. See that disgusting thing? Yeah, that's me. Don't worry, I'll change it to something else after I'm finished. I think it's safe to say that I won't ever be having sex again, due to a severe case of "falling out of the ugly tree, hitting every branch and being beaten repeatedly in the face with a bat." As such, I'd prefer to not have to think about it ever again.

Does anyone know of a way of decreasing libido or eliminating it completely? I'd prefer to keep my "parts", despite the fact that I won't be using them. I'd also like to avoid any kind of hormones (don't need breasts, thanks anyway). There has to be a way, i'm just unclear on what exactly it could be. Any input would be appreciated. I realize I'd probably be better off posting this in a medical forum, but I was hoping some intelligent person here might have an idea where to start looking.

Thanks for reading...

I have no idea...I think you're fine looking, attractive even. And I mean that in the straightest way possible, man to man. You look fine man don't worry about it ;) I don't know how you could eliminate sex drive though, that's like, human nature to go out and fresia...

Well things like that can be dealt with psychologically.
An abstract way of dealing with it would be to take up meditation and really make yourself feel content with who you are and make peace with the world.
If you attempt to be at peace with your life and start to appreciate what you have rather than what you dont have then you'll start realising you can live a perfectly happy life without sex and your sex drive will go down.

Thanks for responding guys.

As for meditation and quiet reflection, that has helped me through things in the past. In this particular instance it feels like trying to stop a freight train with carefully placed strips of flypaper. I think there's an old proverb about telling a student not to think about the blue elephant. Pretty soon, the blue elephant will be the only thing he thinks about. :(

I was actually sort of hoping for a dangerously experimental tranquilizer or steroid that doesn't cause man titties. It's also worth noting that I'm cool with side effects like hives, nausea, irregular heartbeat and insomnia.

I don't mean to offend you, but it sounds more like you're just feeling sorry for yourself. You just have to keep at it and learn as much as you can about talking to women. Join an online PUA forum and buy a book or two on the subject.

I don't consider you to be ugly dude. I think your main problem is that you just have a (very) warped perception of yourself along with feeling down. Your goal should be not to eliminate your sex drive but to learn how to better talk to women so you can satisfy it ;)

Sorry if I'm sounding rude or pretentious, but I'm just saying this because I used to feel the same way when I was depressed and had very low self-esteem.

Hadrurus said:
Join an online PUA forum.

It's not the kind where you have pre-set, possibly made up stories and a certain order of lines in order to "trick" a woman into your bed is it? PUA stuff do teach some good things, but in other areas they don't really teach you how to genuinely connect with women. Still though, PUA stuff would be better than cutting your balls off or something. (something which I briefly, insanely, considered)

Yeah, I really don't pay attention to pre-set pickup lines that they try to teach you, but they do provide important info on things like body language, what not to say or do, the attitude one should have, having confidence when interacting with anyone (besides women also), what one should do in some common situations with women, etc. You do have to wade through some of the BS, but, in my experience, they're surprisingly in-depth and accurate about how you should with interact with women.

A lot of the info they teach is useful for interacting with women in general, so it can help a guy whether he just wants to get laid or is looking for a serious relationship. You just have to know what to apply and what to ignore. I signed up for these two and they helped me quite a bit. I didn't buy the products (and I don't plan to either), but I do read the e-mails they send which give you advice. If anyone wants to check it out, ignore the pomposity and products they're trying to sell you and just absorb the free info :)

http://www.puatraining.com/

http://www.doubleyourdating.com/man...asp?cid=Z3EXZZ&lid=1&sbid=7367799&e=1&s=50323

P.S. and yeah, I think I would prefer this over cutting off my balls or feeling sorry for myself :p

I hope some of this info helps!

You didn't fall out of the ugly tree that's for sure and as for eliminating your sex drive only time will tell. Why the sudden need to? It's depends how much you think of sex and what your sex drive is, if it's big good luck in trying to eliminate it.

Hadrurus said:
I don't mean to offend you, but it sounds more like you're just feeling sorry for yourself. You just have to keep at it and learn as much as you can about talking to women. Join an online PUA forum and buy a book or two on the subject.

You're not offending me. I am feeling sorry for myself, in a big, big way. Perhaps however, I wasn't being clear enough. I officially HATE thinking about sex. This isn't something that can be fixed by a book. I don't want to learn how to talk to women. I don't care anymore. These feelings NEED to go away for the sake of my own mental well being.

This is 2009. Men have multiple choices of drug for maintaining an erection, you'd think there would be at least one for putting the **** thing back down.

Where are the man haters? Come on ladies, disgusting evil man wants to cut his balls off! Tell me how! I'm trying to do the world a favor here.

If anyone is interested, I think I found an answer in chemical castration. It's the same thing they occasionally use with serial rapists and pedophiles. (joy)...

It involves the administering of anti-androgen drugs like medroxyprogesterone acetate (long name) to curb sexual thoughts and physical symptoms. It still might cause the dreaded breasts I was hoping to avoid, but now that I think about it....Who the hell cares.

Obviously they don't use it much unless you happen to be a complete deviant and criminal, but it has been used in certain instances with people that request it.

Anyway, I'm making an appointment with a clinic. I would say "wish me luck", but that doesn't really seem appropriate.

Just make sure you know all the risks involved.

My friend you are not ugly. I too sometimes feel like I will never find someone that'll love me.

You aren't alone..

Twitchy said:
Where are the man haters? Come on ladies, disgusting evil man wants to cut his balls off! Tell me how! I'm trying to do the world a favor here.

You have to be proud of yourself as a man and who you are. Don't pay attention to man-haters. The world is full of people who have some sort of hatred and/or agenda. Don't let anyone bring you down. Just ignore messages from people like that, don't let them get to you, and just do your thing, regardless of what those individuals think.

There are plenty of great women for you out there..... don't let the nasty ones discourage you or bring you down. Unless you'd like to be the secure, self-loving guy that gets laid or finds the one for him, then good luck on your castration :/

there is some hindu deity i heard about recently, i dont know their name but they were riding a wild animal (cant remember which one either), tiger, lion, bull, gerbal? dont know, but it was suppose to represent the base or natural instincts you speak of. the deity riding this animal was supposed to represent the sublimation/domination/control over these forces. so i imagine it is possible without resorting to extreme solutions but i would guess it is extremely difficult considering our prime biological imperative in this place.

er.. cold showers?

good luck.

"that doesn't cause man titties."

For that you'd want to use an anti-angrogen, which will certainly damper your physical sex drive, and an aromatase inhibitor, which will keep estrogen levels low, so you won't experience any significant feminization (female breast growth).

There's lots and lots of info on people who desire something similar here: http://eunuch.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Also, judging by your avatar photo, you are not ugly. Above average, I would say.

leftykmonahan said:
"that doesn't cause man titties."

For that you'd want to use an anti-angrogen, which will certainly damper your physical sex drive, and an aromatase inhibitor, which will keep estrogen levels low, so you won't experience any significant feminization (female breast growth).

There's lots and lots of info on people who desire something similar here: http://eunuch.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Also, judging by your avatar photo, you are not ugly. Above average, I would say.

I knew the "eunuch" word would come into this eventually. Thank you for the information. That's actually more like what I was looking for.

Given recent events however, I have to admit that I've been looking at this the wrong way. I'm starting to think that I need my sex drive for other things besides, well sex. For example, I could never be this strange and irritating if I was neutered. It also might adversely affect my guitar playing. I don't mean that I use my nads on the frets or anything, but it might have an emotional or motivational effect that I'm not seeing. Anyone like limp, listless music? Neither do I.

So sorry ladies, I'm not letting you off the hook that easily. This horny old fart will remain one until death.

*claps*

I also find you to be above average looking. :)

Twitchy said:
I knew the "eunuch" word would come into this eventually. Thank you for the information. That's actually more like what I was looking for.

Given recent events however, I have to admit that I've been looking at this the wrong way. I'm starting to think that I need my sex drive for other things besides, well sex. For example, I could never be this strange and irritating if I was neutered. It also might adversely affect my guitar playing. I don't mean that I use my nads on the frets or anything, but it might have an emotional or motivational effect that I'm not seeing. Anyone like limp, listless music? Neither do I.

So sorry ladies, I'm not letting you off the hook that easily. This horny old fart will remain one until death.

Yay. :D

I also don't see the "ugly" in your avatar. I know that it blows to hear, "Hey chin up," or "Hang in there dude, you'll get there" from everyone when you're basically celibate but alone and horny, but things just have to get better.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back