emotionally abusive relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Emilia

I have a history of getting in to relationships with men who emotionally abuse me. The reason this happens is that my loneliness and desperation are so obvious. Then, when it's too late, I recognise what has happened:>) Bad judgement on my part. I am trying to break the habit.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Know what you are saying and it's no fun, there is always a danger it may also become physical abuse. It's scary as a lot of women actually believe they deserve to be treated like that. By your post you understand why you end up in this kind of relationship,bit by bit it will lower your self esteem.
Your awareness of why means your half way to solving it:)

I work the other way so can appreciate the dilemma you face. I throw myself in with both feet...and the they eventually get bored or think that the grass is greener on the other side.

At least we have both spotted this in our own thoughts

scotsgirl said:
Know what you are saying and it's no fun, there is always a danger it may also become physical abuse. It's scary as a lot of women actually believe they deserve to be treated like that. By your post you understand why you end up in this kind of relationship,bit by bit it will lower your self esteem.
Your awareness of why means your half way to solving it:)

Yes scotsgirl I like the point you have made. I just don't pick up the red flags early enough. So far I have avoided the physical abuse and hope you have too.

davechaos said:
I work the other way so can appreciate the dilemma you face. I throw myself in with both feet...and the they eventually get bored or think that the grass is greener on the other side.

At least we have both spotted this in our own thoughts

Thanks davechaos. Good point you have made.

Latest posts

Back