End of year wrap up 2014 goals for 2015

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
I like to do this with another group I hang out on. I always *feel* my life has been a failure but when I actually go back and check on it I find things went well.

Last year at this time I hoped to
(1) get a new boss (and new life)
(2) sell my home and get a good price for it.
(3) move into a new home and not die of panic in the entire process.
(4) maintain my weight
(5) pay off my student loans.
(6) make more friends.

What a mixed bag. I sold my home for a decent price and it all went insanely easy (and I did my own legal work for the sale of my last home and my new one) I moved into my new home and so far, things have gone quite wonderfully. It was definitely a good thing. I paid off all my student loans and that is a good thing but to do it I had to use another loan so.. but still it was a good thing. I did not end up getting a new boss and I went though a crushing embarrassment in attempting to get a new boss. Due in part to that... I ended up gaining a CRAP load of weight and currently I am fat and really lost about what to do about that. And I actually didn't make any new friends and ended up jettisoning a few friends that were not true friends.

Next year I want
(1) to get a new boss... but I am cautious about doing any planning for it.
(2) take steps to move to North Carolina / get away from wage slavery
(3) lose weight
(4) get more friends and be happy
(5) work on my new home until it is a design showcase that I did largely on my own.

And YOU?

Last year at this time I hoped to:
1. Start going to the gym and not give up.
2. Move to a cabin in the woods.
3. Get a girlfriend.

I have been going to the gym regularly and put on a lot of muscle. I also managed to move in my dream cabin in the woods.

Next year I want
1. A girlfriend.
2. To maintain the peace of mind I have acquired during the last few months.

This year:
1. Complete my Novel
2. Move on worrying bout my ex
3. Study hard

Accomplished no. 1 and no. 2 but lacked no.3

Next year planning:
1. Finish publlishing the book
2. Study hard
3. Study hard
4. Study hard
5. Study hard
6. Score 78% above for all my exams
7. Do not get into any fights..

My goals for 2015

Golf handicap down to 1 or 2
Take some nice photo's and visit places I haven't been to yet
Not get hurt by a woman

Seeker_2.0 said:
I have been going to the gym regularly and put on a lot of muscle. I also managed to move in my dream cabin in the woods.

You live in a cabin? That is so cool!!

1. Graduate
2. For the first time in my life, find a way to live for myself rather than for others.

ladyforsaken said:
Seeker_2.0 said:

You live in a cabin? That is so cool!!

Yeap, I have an entire forest for a backyard...:shy:

1. Improve my fitness.
2. Make more me time, by dropping some tings where my effort makes no difference.
3. Build some savings.
4. Spend better quality time with family.
5. Have a holiday.

*edit - don't want to burden the forum forever with my boring misadventures*

for the next year: I am afraid to make plans now

Peaches said:
what happened instead:

Um... then it can't get any worse right? Yeh lets not chance it. :)

I truly hope this year is better for you this year.

for the funny side of it:
v6p0tf.jpg

My year has been similar to Peaches` description, so I`m still thinking whether to set or not goals for next year. I might just as well give up on the existing ones. Will see.

ladyforsaken said:
May 2015 be a better year for everyone.

Just "May" .... :D

What about January, February, March, April ... June, July, August, September, October, November, and December???

Are you REALLY suggesting that we pack a full year's worth of goodness into MAY???

:D

Peaches said:
*edit - don't want to burden the forum forever with my boring misadventures*

for the next year: I am afraid to make plans now

You never burden us. :club: stop thinking like that.

^ not you maybe (thank you…) but in one year perhaps I ll regret writing all those details

so, Soph, what are your plans?

Peaches said:
^ not you maybe (thank you…) but in one year perhaps I ll regret writing all those details

so, Soph, what are your plans?

Goals are pointless to me. I don't have faith I'd actually fulfill them. Not going to make any.

2014's main goal was just to get through it, this has been not only achieved but superseded by my moving onwards & upwards-yay go me!

If I can make a good start into fixing my finances in the coming year that would be great.

Latest posts

Back