End times

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Rock

Reaction score
I feel as if the current phase of my life is over after what happened to me a few hours ago.

On my way home from work, my car basically quit on me. It was in absolutely no shape to drive. I had it towed to an impound lot.

But that's the straw that is going to break the camel's back, because on top of having no transportation:

1.) I'll soon be out of a job. I have been informed that if I am late to work one more time I will be terminated. Part of the reason I am on my last straw with my attendance is because my car has been acting up lately.

2.) The job I have currently doesn't pay me enough money to support myself. I have to work miracles to make it from paycheck to paycheck. Ive tried everything in my power to get some decent full time work, but for me that's like pulling teeth( especially with no skills or education!)

3.) I currently live with my parents, and my relation with them is strained to say the least. Not too long ago they pulled aside and told me to find a place to place, regardless of the fact that I have no place to go.

These things, along with now not having a car hence not being able to do anything about it, lead me to believe I should do something drastic. So I've been thinking: maybe I should just leave. Drop everything and just leave town. Go somewhere new and get a fresh start so I can start living again. If I'm not working, I'm gonna get kicked out anyway, and I won't have anything to tie me down

Basically what I am trying to say is I.m frustrated in my current surroundings, yet I am always incurring setbacks that keep me from improving them. What do you guys think?

That sounds like a very sticky situation that you're in. Is public transport or something like a bicycle not an option? A fresh start might do you good. But I wouldn't expect it to happen too quickly. Good luck though.

If a fresh start is what you feel you need and there is nothing tying you down then go for it. Just go with a plan though, like where you will stay, what you will do once you get there, what kind of transportation there is out there, etc. Send out some resumes, see if you can line up some interviews before you go. Would hate to hear that you went out there and ended up on the streets.

Get a bike. Work. Reorganize your lifestyle on a tighter budget. You can always live on less money. Look for another job. Full-time or a second one part-time.

Leaving will NOT help. You have ASSETS that will be LOST if you leave. A job, free rent, etc. Quitting your job until you find a better one will not do you good favors.

As a teenager i struggled lots....Even as an adult, especially within the past couple of years
my life totally turned upside down. No matter what i did..it all turned into honeysuckle or it filled apart.
Most of it wasnt even my fualt or own doing. Getting laid off from a job of 16 yrs becuase
the economy went south. I even did constructions for a couple of years after getting
laid off. A carreer change making the same money but required that I use my back more
than my brain. I actually love working outside and not having to make bussiness decisions.
It was less stressful for me. The housing market took a nose dive never the less.

A job , college and maintaining my transportation..Being a productive member of society.
Just like you..it was like pulling teeth. I also sturggled with follwing my dreams.
Im a musician. I also love aviation.

As i said...I settle down and had a good paying job for 16 years.
I raised children. i got involved long term relationships.
My life was about as stable. Being an average regular joe as you're gonna get
with just a few bumps here and there. I pretty much lived a cozy stable life for a couple of decades.
8-5..home in the country, 2 car in the garage....hobbies,..ect.

As i said my life turned upside down for the past couple of years.
I lost everything. I was over 40 too.....
I manage to find a job that paid half as much as I used to make.

Ive relocated many times from state to state.
I just move to TX to be with my ex-fiance...She was my HSGF.
A dream i also had as a young man. I love her so so much.
My car started givng problems as soon as I got to TX again....
But it's like...Im doing this. Im following and living my dream.

Do you have a dream?
Do you have something you want to do or experince before you die???
It donst have to be one thing...It can be many, many things.

Live your life, man....
it's not always comfortiable or safe. My life as i was living it wasnt a garantee.

But if my cozy life dint fall apart,...I wouldnt be with Renae today.
She's the love of my life.

Everynight when I sleep with Renae by my side. My dreams are real.
it hasnt been easy. Sometimes Im scared shitless.
its have been a heck of journey too. Ive been jobless, homeless, moneyless.....ect
It's been worth it. Im grateful

Latest posts

Back