Ever felt like a failure?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesh2010

Reaction score
See here's the thing, no matter what I do and no matter how hard I try I always seem to feel like a failure. I feel as if I haven't achieved anything in my life and that I never will. I also feel like a failure towards the few friends that I have, I never can find the right words so I always stay silent. I often lay in bed because I think what's the point?

kesh2010 said:
See here's the thing, no matter what I do and no matter how hard I try I always seem to feel like a failure. I feel as if I haven't achieved anything in my life and that I never will. I also feel like a failure towards the few friends that I have, I never can find the right words so I always stay silent. I often lay in bed because I think what's the point?

If you can't find 'the point' then make one. If you feel like a failure, then try to find something in your life that you succeed at. And do your friends think you're a failure? Chances are they don't, so try to speak up a little. If they were good friends then they would want you to interact with them a little more. You don't fail, you just try more. I've felt like I've failed at everything before, but that's what motivates you to keep trying. Besides, what is there that you have "failed at"?

I think a lot of us feel like failures from time to time. And by "us", I mean people in general, not just people from the forum. Thing is, it's only failure if you refuse to get back up on your feet. It's only failure if you admit defeat.

Frequently, particularly in two areas!

1. education/career
The war is not over but I feel I've lost enough battles to warrant the low morale I have today.

2. love/relationships
I fell out of touch with old friends and have been in very few "love" affairs. I don't want a few more, just one that can last the remainder of our existence.

I'm 29 now and feel discouraged about straightening up in these areas of my life most of the time. Nevertheless, hope resurfaces from time to time.

kesh2010 said:

I know how you feel... cause I have a track record that gives failure, disappointment, and disgrace a bad name :(

Thanks for all your support. It is much appreciated and welcomed. I guess I'm just disappointed in myself because I've never had a girlfriend, been kissed or anything like that. These kind of things always get me down.

1. Been quiet all my life and got worse as time goes on. Now I'm stupid and slow in company. Wish I could just make people laugh or be fun company sometimes. Enough that people were glad to see me instead of trying to avoid me.
2. Aways run away from relationships/ women despite really wanting them. The one time I did have a relationship I treated the other person like honeysuckle despite them being amazing towards me.
3. Am selfish and totally immoral, I sponge off my family, I've been given so many advantages but I just fresia up time and again when it comes to jobs. It's like I give up half way through and am half-hearted when it comes to supporting myself.Gonna be homeless pretty soon unless I pull myself together.
4. I never ee really easy solutions to problems at work some are so easy that I can see the incredulity (sp?) in the eyes of others that I didn't see it. I'm thick as fresia basically. Every job I've had I've amazed people with just how incredibly incompetant I am. I'd be a decent comic actor one of those 20s movies I reckon, a la Stan Laurel tripping over my own feet and walking into things.
5. I am fail.
6. Want to die, don't have any hope that I'll improve, but things aren't quite bad enough yet that I'd have the courage to do it.

The fact that your asking these things of yourself is reason to celebrate, trust me, a true failure wouldn't even bother to post anything, let alone think about it. I go to bed thinking I could have done better each and every day, no matter how hard I work or try, I feel I could have been the best, my own personal whip I suppose, deserved or not? as far as relationships, well there is a whole different ball of wax, I try not to confuse loneliness with sadness, when relationships don't work out, that is sadness to me, because my heart is involved, but I still have the things that are solid, and that allows my mind to deal with the loneliness. Pick something simple, and when you overcome it with a smile, head for deeper waters...

There's nothing wrong with feeling like a failure... sometimes.

It's failure that should DRIVE us to work harder to NOT fail in the future.

Every champion in every sport or area of life has had their failures, but they kept on going and overcame their failures.

kesh2010, GET ANGRY AND GET MOTIVATED TO CHANGE and begin to win... and you will.

It's all about positive attitude and never, ever, EVER quitting.

Professionally, I'm doing great. I am making good money, I have the respect of my peers, I have community involvement, I have even published a book and am writing a follow up.

Personally and socially I am a total failure. I don't have a single friend (male or female) I could go to dinner or a bar or a movie or a ball game with, even if I'm paying. It's really disheartening.

I feel like a failure at every single thing I do. I only WISH I could just lay in bed all day. I have a ton of responsibilities and just barely do the bare minimum at this point because I am such a failure at everything else. I really hate myself these days and if it werent for my sister I would kill myself. I hate life and I hate this world just about as much as I hate myself. I can only hope for a quick death to strike me down soon.

At age 42 years old? Yes, I feel like a failure. It is probably the biggest demon I am fighting right now. But, somehow, something in me won't quit. I have all new people in my life and they are a positive influcence. Yes, I feel hopeless like, I'm never going to get better but deep down in side I feel like soon (one day) I'll be posting something that says that my failure streak has finally ended. I don't know.... ever get that gut feeling that things are about to be different?

I'm too young to decide whether I'm a failure or not. I probably am. One of my friends said something to me like I am a failure so I stopped talking to him. I don't miss him though.

I also sometimes feel like a failure. I can right a book on that subject but I have an idea that would end up a failure.

I'll say it again... failure isn't something that should be stopping anyone.

Use it as motivation to always DO BETTER and strive to be a better person.

NEVER GIVE UP!!

everyone feels like that .... i also feel like that sometimes but i never give up bcuz what i want is to be perfect so even if i fail 1000 times i will try even more harder .... so never give up

Yep, at work and relationships, I'm still single and no kids and I figured I would either be dead or have a family by now...funny how life never works out the way you think. My problem is that even when my boss tells me I did a good job or compliments me (which is rare unless he's trying to impress someone else) I still feel like I haven't succeeded. I should, after a year of working for this company I was offered a management job at our new location that meant a HUGE change for me. I was going to be moving several hours away from the place I've called home for all my life and living somewhere strange. I'm still with the same company, and I've made it 5+ years living on my own though it hasn't been easy.

Nghtrain36 said:
If you can't find 'the point' then make one. If you feel like a failure, then try to find something in your life that you succeed at. And do your friends think you're a failure? Chances are they don't, so try to speak up a little. If they were good friends then they would want you to interact with them a little more. You don't fail, you just try more. I've felt like I've failed at everything before, but that's what motivates you to keep trying. Besides, what is there that you have "failed at"?

QFT! This is how we all need to start thinking.

I think the world is programned to make people feel like a failure to prevent change. it has its affect on everyone. I think its more viscious those who dont have anything.

I lay in bed as long as i comfortly can. I find it more relaxing then the day.

I think the world is programned to make people feel like a failure to prevent change. it has its affect on everyone. I think its more viscious those who dont have anything.

I agree with BJD.. use that aversion to failure as motivation to succeed. Its never too late to get a new start in life; just don't stop trying. One of my biggest fears is to be a failure and generally meaningless.. I so desperately want to make a positive impact on the world. Instead of letting that discourage me, I use it to give me momentum, to push forward. There is always out of whatever hole you feel stuck in.. don't stop trying!!

Latest posts

Back