Excluding people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She apologized to them?! I'm sorry to hear that girl was treated that way. Sadly, many forums are wicked harsh on new members. Especially, if they're ages 18-25. Many, but not all people at that age are immature. They continue to act this way until they either grow up or get a taste of their own medicine.

Yes. She apologized to them. Just now there was another discussion and I gave them a piece of my mind. It wasn't exactly nice, but I'm pretty sure the girl was happy someone stood up for her. Sadly, these kids are age 13-15 and I'm thinking if they are already acting like this... sigh. .. it won't be a pretty future.

HGwells said:
Yes. She apologized to them. Just now there was another discussion and I gave them a piece of my mind. It wasn't exactly nice, but I'm pretty sure the girl was happy someone stood up for her. Sadly, these kids are age 13-15 and I'm thinking if they are already acting like this... sigh. .. it won't be a pretty future.
So many forums these days are just plain nasty. I've attended my share. I really feel bad for her. When you are in search of a forum where you are just looking for a friend or some guidance, it's pricks like those on the forum she was disrespected at, it just adds to the pain. My guess is this girl is going to become very closed and bitter if she keeps receiving that kind of welcome wherever she goes. It's a shame.

Welcome to the forum by the way.:)

That's awful. Kids are just so mean at that age, and forums are full of mean spirited people of all ages. I hope the girl finds a better site to spend her time.

LoneKiller said:
HGwells said:
So many forums these days are just plain nasty. I've attended my share. I really feel bad for her. When you are in search of a forum where you are just looking for a friend or some guidance, it's pricks like those on the forum she was disrespected at, it just adds to the pain. My guess is this girl is going to become very closed and bitter if she keeps receiving that kind of welcome wherever she goes. It's a shame.

Welcome to the forum by the way.:)

I spent my time talking to her now. Says she feels glad that I'm talking to her about it and that she feels left out and stuff. It's so sad that kids these age have those feelings already.

Thank you so much!

Locke said:
That's awful. Kids are just so mean at that age, and forums are full of mean spirited people of all ages. I hope the girl finds a better site to spend her time.

Or better friends that actually will tell those others off. *Shrug* I'mma try to stand up for her when I see it cus this is just shite.

Other than being rude and mean to someone, I don't see what the problem is. The fact they have their own little group? People can do that. And no, not everyone should be able to join. They have a right to deny someone's company. Should the rule a forum that's not theirs? No, and they need a swift kick in the arse to go build their own forum.

As for the girl... if she apologized, then she must have felt like she had to in a sense. Which, of course, she really didn't, and if it were me, I wouldn't have given them the time of day. But this lady must have felt some type of way, and that was her choice. She could have easily not apologized, and been on her way.

But at that age, young teens... Most of them will probably grow out of it. And they'll look back and wonder why the hell they were so mean. But right now, they'll be how they want to be, and it's probably futile to try and fight against it.

I've known how it feels like to be left out.. or ostracised. :\

It's also the reason why I don't like to leave people feeling excluded whenever I see the possibility of it happening. Poor girl. :\

I'm a little confused about why the girl asked to join. Had they given her the impression that they were her friends? Did they invite everybody else and exclude her, specifically?

Nobody is obligated to be your friend simply because you're in the same place at the same time. Nobody is obligated to include you in their social activities just because they know you. I get along with most of the people here, and I'm closer to some that to others. However, I don't feel as though I'm part of any clique, and I've never taken it personally when some of the members do things together without inviting me.

It sounds like the group's reaction was cruel, but children often are. They'll probably grow up to mellow out and realize that a simple, "Sorry, no" will suffice. The girl will also grow up to realize that when people want you to join in, they'll invite you. If they don't- even if they just forget... it isn't worth the drama to be upset. Find something else to do and somebody else to talk to.

nerdygirl said:
I'm a little confused about why the girl asked to join. Had they given her the impression that they were her friends? Did they invite everybody else and exclude her, specifically?

Nobody is obligated to be your friend simply because you're in the same place at the same time. Nobody is obligated to include you in their social activities just because they know you. I get along with most of the people here, and I'm closer to some that to others. However, I don't feel as though I'm part of any clique, and I've never taken it personally when some of the members do things together without inviting me.

It sounds like the group's reaction was cruel, but children often are. They'll probably grow up to mellow out and realize that a simple, "Sorry, no" will suffice. The girl will also grow up to realize that when people want you to join in, they'll invite you. If they don't- even if they just forget... it isn't worth the drama to be upset. Find something else to do and somebody else to talk to.

These kids were always together on the chat before they made that skype group. If you would've known them, you'd be able to see that they actually just decided to throw one of them out after 4/5 months.

Pack animals at the age of 13-15 are still pack animals.
I've seen this behavior throughout my entire school career, and I stayed as far away from it as I could.

Sigma said:
I've seen this behavior throughout my entire school career, and I stayed as far away from it as I could.

Same. Although I truly had no choice. Apparently anime-watching people were 'strange'.

Ps: I like your ouran signature. So cute!

HGwells said:
Sigma said:

Same. Although I truly had no choice. Apparently anime-watching people were 'strange'.

Ps: I like your ouran signature. So cute!

Thanks, it's actually one of my favorite anime ^^
My previous avatar was one of Tamaki as well :p

Latest posts

Back