Exercise buddy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coricopat

Reaction score
I'm using the Wii Fit right now to try and get in shape, was wondering if anyone else is exercising (or wants to) and could use a little support and motivation. It doesn't have to be on the Wii, just any sort of exercise. It'd be nice to have someone to push me and help me stick with my goals.

I'm in. I'm currently arguing with my body over the effects of approaching 30 (I'm 28 and two thirds :D). I'm currently keeping a blog looking at how my training is going. You can have a look if you like. PM me and I'll give you the link (don't like leaving web addresses lieing around on the internet for anyone to stumble over).

i would like to do that..

that would be really kool..to be an exercise buddy..

Whirligig said:
yesm said:
drop and give me 20 both of you! Seriously...

I just did. Seriously. Then I laughed at myself for being so silly.

I wonder if I could even do 20. Keep in mind I'm a very skinny girl....the fact that I can do any push-ups at all is pretty awesome I think.

coricopat said:
I'm using the Wii Fit right now to try and get in shape, was wondering if anyone else is exercising (or wants to) and could use a little support and motivation. It doesn't have to be on the Wii, just any sort of exercise. It'd be nice to have someone to push me and help me stick with my goals.

Thats awesome! Exercising makes a world of difference, especially when you are feeling down in the dumps. I enjoy wii fit a lot, but sometimes it can be a bit slow in the amount of activity that you do. Lately, I've been getting into Dance Dance Revolution :) This is a nice cardiovascular workout that gets the blood flowing. It also helps you get a better sense of rythm and helps with your body/eye cordination(as opposed to hand/eye) XD

In the same area where i set up my wii and DDR stuff, I also have a techno party setup. A laptop hooked up to these big speakers that plays techno types of music while I have these DJ lights going all about while a bubble machine shoots out bubbles(need fog machine also). Dancing can be a good form of exercise :) I have little dance parties with my 16 month old son and sometimes 7 year old son. My 16 month old loves to boogy down.

This is the type of music that we dance to :D
[youtube]qCZ4RPpsdlY[/youtube]

I've been doing the Wii Fit too! I've also got Wii Zumba it's so much fun. Even though I can't do it, I break a sweat and have a right giggle XD

Ha, we got Wii Fit and Wii Zumba at home. I use them from time to time, quite fun.

I'm actually working out more and more these days, shame the topic's so old, could have used a 'buddy' ;)

HAha, the zumba is fun, but I look so stupid doing it. My head tells me I look like a brilliant latin dancer but the mirror tells me I look like a flailing squirrel that can't find its nut XD

Haha, now that's an image! I'm sure you're not that bad though, definetly not as bad as me :)

I wouldn't be too sure. There should be a health warning saying it can make you look dumb. I've also been trying out some of the Just Dance Games? I got the broadway one and I'm rocking it XD

ohemgeebees said:
I wouldn't be too sure. There should be a health warning saying it can make you look dumb. I've also been trying out some of the Just Dance Games? I got the broadway one and I'm rocking it XD

Part of the fun of going to dance classes at gyms and stuff is that everybody is just abjectly terrible at it! Particularly if you go for something like bollywood dancing. The best is when everyone is getting really into it, all concentrating really hard, trying to be the very best. And of course, looking unintentionally hilarious.

I haven't been to the gym in... must be over 2 months now. I used to be really into my bodybuilding. I should really get back to it, I just need to figure out how to make it more fun again.

PERHAPS DANCE CLASSES ARE THE ANSWER?!

Latest posts

Back