Express Yourselves!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daughter of the moon said:
Let me try this a second time. I started writing something yesterday, but I was so depressed at the time that I had to stop after the first sentence, because I didn't have the strength to keep on typing.
Thank you for completing your reply, even though the circumstances were not the best. (+1 Post Rep for being into the subject, and describing the whole concept)

PS: Are we ever going to hear your interpretation on one of the pictures? :)

That...is impossible.
It would be like interpreting an image of myself.
Each and every one of these pictures, is part of long-term projects I develop in my free time.

There is, the Domain Complex, which is my Lucid Dreaming World, the world that I have created out of my own imagination and made it "physical" in my dreams. The Domain Complex is a series of life-time events that I went through in my Dream World, which may or may not have a close relation to what I may have went through at the same time in real life. The Movie Inception can help you relate to the above.

A goal I always had, since I was little, was to have an empty white canvas in front of my eyes when I wanted to paint/draw something, and have it immediately drawn exactly as I thought about it, with every little detail (I never was good in drawing). That is a goal that I have achieved believe it or not. Call it luck or plain coincidence, before I start surfing for images, I think what I want to see, and after a time of searching, I find it exactly as I thought about it, or really close, almost fully, to what I thought about.

_

In the Domain Complex, I have went through many things that are/will be depicted in this thread. One of these things is the Red Robed man with the woman in his hands, in flames.

Some of the pictures in here, will be depicting an event from the Domain Complex. I ask for your interpretations, so I compare how I felt to what you feel and see.

In this way, I want to relate the Dream-World feelings to the Real-Life feelings, and see if they have many, little or no relations at all.

That is just the one project, the Domain Complex.

-

The other project is the Quizzical Hatred, a project that is based on the way society runs nowadays and the deep anger/hatred that comes out of me as a reaction towards it. It is a dark and vile project, which has no limits to dreadful sceneries and does not hold back on anyone or anything, even myself. The project itself turns against the Creator. It is fueled with so much hatred that it develops it's own intelligence, and works against me. Meaning that it is like a function, where you enter the information on how you feel, and it gives you the ugly truth.

One such image from this project, is image 2.

_

The third project, is the Principles of Neutrality. It is a personal code of mine on the way I look at life after all that has happened to me. A way of balancing out good and evil, either because of a specific motive, or by good/evil heart.

The first 2 projects depend heavily, if not wholly to collecting images.

This project, is a book I write, physically, on paper. A secret book I hide, and write on it only if I am on the right mood. Thus it is not based heavily on images. I am leading my life by the book.

-

To sum up, my source of images are these 3 projects. I take a picture from my collection and share it with you, I cannot interpreter my "reality".

I can only tell you the "story" of the respective picture.
____

But since I do not live in this world on my own, and I want to grant and retrieve a mutual experience, I also have images that may relate to the viewers of this thread, that are not part of these 3 projects.

Image 6
30vdtmr.jpg

Image 6
"Little red riding hood"

I find this picture semi threatening, and full of hopelessness.
The slaves are chained up physically, but I believe they are also bound by negative emotions and experiences. They only keep moving forward. They don’t question why, they don’t even attempt to free themselves anymore.
I’m one of the slaves (in the reality of the picture, I mean). The red robed woman reigns over me and determines every aspect of my life, my thoughts, my emotions. You can’t see any features, but it doesn’t matter, because she has long evolved from one specific person to the sheer symbol of everything that is binding me in my life. Only the glowing eyes point to the fact that she sees everything I do, thus ruling over me completely.
The wolf is a charming asset – she doesn’t really need it though to emit this aura of power. Wolfs are loners, gentle animals, but our human thinking has them labelled as something wild and dangerous, something that will tear us apart if given the chance.
There is a possible escape route up into heaven, but the path is blocked by the personification of my past. As long as we give it the power it has, we won’t be able to free ourselves.

(sidenote: There is a possible “little red riding hood” approach. I’m not into fairy-tales though, and nothing immediate comes to mind regarding it. That’s why I won’t attempt to elaborate on it :) )

Way to go DotM! Those previous two images were just too...I don't know, something! They really didn't spark any significant thoughts in my mind but you certainly said enough and more :D

1. Image 7
2. Path upon the Precipice
3. A tower of darkness stretches high into the air, towards unknown heights. This picture makes me think of the dark reaches of our mind. A figure approaches the road to that place, a precarious path being kept aloft by chains above a glowing abyss. It's strange the it's the abyss that holds the light instead of the heavens. This makes me believe that at their core, this figure is a right or just individual. The path isn't more secure or stable because it is rarely tread and any fall from it would merely land this person back amongst the light of their being but for one reason or another, they want to head towards this dark place.

It appears that the figure has just cast off either a shroud of dust or mist after approaching this path. Could this shroud have been hiding this dark form, a form with ears akin to a goblin or a demon? Perhaps a more correct term would be a cocoon, transforming someone of light into this darker person. This makes me wonder whether this cocoon was composed of dust, decaying remnants of the past (memories) that tainted little by little the heart of the figure, or was it composed of mist, an ephemeral covering (a sudden event) that surrounded them and brought about this rapid change? I'm really not sure either way...

Marios said:
Almost straight to the point Daughter of the Moon, almost!

Just a quick question here that has been confusing me since you started this thread :)
How can it be that you ask for our interpretations, yet say things like ^ up there as if you're expecting us to come up exactly with what you see in the images? :p

As I said in the long post above:

I compare my interpretation with yours.

I do not expect you to align towards my interpretation, but I do want to simply notify you, when you do so. Never forget that I am always "happy" to see people unveiling the meaning I gave. But I am even happier when I see differences. It would be boring to expect validation. I do not want to fill this post with a "monologue"

Image #7
"Bury the hatchet"

I don't know if I have much to say about this picture, though I must say I find it rather comforting. Could be mostly the psychology behind the soothing green, and the light fog (since I am a huge fan of fog and find its mysterious nature very calming).

It seems like the figure (in his dark trenchcoat...) is paused, gathering himself, before stepping onto what may be the final stretch of his life's path. You can't see what's below and you can't make out too clearly what's ahead, but there's nothing threatening about that unknown.
The feel I get is like that when you've very recently fought your way through immense hardship, and you're at the point where you leave it all behind and venture forth into an unknown future. He's just shaken it all off, it's in the darkness behind him. He is alone because the new beginnings are always made on our own. He's got his eyes closed, breathing deeply, emptying his mind. And then he walks.

The "fallen angel" one with the red coat has no real meaning to me, that is just wicked cool looking.

@ Sci - Fi

That is another approach as well :).

@ Siertes and Daughter of the Moon,

Really interesting perspectives.
You both worked your way around the figure in a sophisticated way.

The precipice of fluorescent darkness.
And the memory hatchet.
Combine these two and you could say that a blade sliced the image in half.
And the green glow is the hemorrhage.

Nicely done, thank you :).

Marios said:
The precipice of fluorescent darkness.
And the memory hatchet.
Combine these two and you could say that a blade sliced the image in half.
And the green glow is the hemorrhage.

Nice :cool:

Numberrrrr8
Title "January 21st"

Why?
Because in that night I had a dream, and the last scene before I woke up reminds me heavily of this picture - or the other way around, for semantic clarity :cool:
I should say first that within the past 4 days I've dreamed about ghosts twice. Not actually seeing or interacting with ghosts, but knowing they were there, watching all I was doing. Like in this picture: The two silhouettes to the left.
The jellyfish is interesting because in that final scene of my dream I was swimming in the ocean, near the coast, trying to get away from a huge family of jellyfish. It wasn't threatening because I knew I was going to out-swim them.
The floral images to the front of the picture remind me of a wake vision I had a few days ago. Unfortunately I can't go into details on this one.
So, somehow that sleeping person feels like me. The full moon above, well.... :) I needn't elaborate on my fondness of the moon :p

Sorry for the lack of actual "interpretation" on this one, but for me the coincidence was too charming to not mention :)

Sorry for the lack of actual "interpretation"

See how it feels for it to be your "reality"?

For me, it is a success.

Because one of the main reasons I created this thread seems to have been accomplished today.

I am glad you could relate :).

Marios said:
See how it feels for it to be your "reality"?

The exact same thought crossed my mind :)

Marios said:
For me, it is a success.

Because one of the main reasons I created this thread seems to have been accomplished today.

I'm glad for inadvertently doing so ;-)

Numberrrr1
“Stab the heart”

I’ve been thinking about this picture since you posted it :p Just wasn’t able to find the words. But:

I think that picture shows us (humans) in eternal conflict with ourselves. We are always fighting ourselves in one way or another – to erase a character trait we’re not proud of; or a weakness we’re disgusted with – unwilling to accept a specific part of ourselves – and fooled by the belief that we can just amputate one part without it affecting the rest of us.
I think that’s the important message in this picture: We cannot do any of this without harming ourselves. If any one of the kings wins, he’s going to have killed himself, because they’re one person. He’s already bleeding and the card is beginning to tear, but he can’t see it because he’s so full of rage against himself.
I have believed for a long time that each and everyone of us must make peace with who we are; otherwise we’ll never be able to move forward and be whole :)

Numberrrr1
“Stab the heart”

I’ve been thinking about this picture since you posted it :p Just wasn’t able to find the words. But:

I think that picture shows us (humans) in eternal conflict with ourselves. We are always fighting ourselves in one way or another – to erase a character trait we’re not proud of; or a weakness we’re disgusted with – unwilling to accept a specific part of ourselves – and fooled by the belief that we can just amputate one part without it affecting the rest of us.
I think that’s the important message in this picture: We cannot do any of this without harming ourselves. If any one of the kings wins, he’s going to have killed himself, because they’re one person. He’s already bleeding and the card is beginning to tear, but he can’t see it because he’s so full of rage against himself.
I have believed for a long time that each and everyone of us must make peace with who we are; otherwise we’ll never be able to move forward and be whole :)

Bullseye!

Image 9
2qir2na.jpg

Image 9
- No idea -

:)

I find this picture very difficult.... Umm, I do have thoughts, but very incoherent ones. Mostly though, it speaks to me on a level that doesn't quite reach the part of my mind where it could be transformed into actual words.
What I see is that "death" takes up about 2/3 of the picture, but that is not the important part. The important part is the writer, perfectly un-bothered by it. The life in her being easily outweighs the symbolisms of death.
There *could* be a temporal element here as well, with the dead remnants pointing to the past, but obviously without any effect on the present, which is the writer. Does it mean that we're writing our life at any given moment, and that the past is dead and gone and shouldn't have any influence on us anymore?

Also, on a sidenote, I wonder about the tree on the very right side. Is there something lurking behind it or is that just my eyes betraying me?

I tried, Marios...... I couldn't do any better with this one. lol

Image 9
- No idea -

:)

I find this picture very difficult.... Umm, I do have thoughts, but very incoherent ones. Mostly though, it speaks to me on a level that doesn't quite reach the part of my mind where it could be transformed into actual words.
What I see is that "death" takes up about 2/3 of the picture, but that is not the important part. The important part is the writer, perfectly un-bothered by it. The life in her being easily outweighs the symbolisms of death.
There *could* be a temporal element here as well, with the dead remnants pointing to the past, but obviously without any effect on the present, which is the writer. Does it mean that we're writing our life at any given moment, and that the past is dead and gone and shouldn't have any influence on us anymore?

Also, on a sidenote, I wonder about the tree on the very right side. Is there something lurking behind it or is that just my eyes betraying me?

Something is lurking behind it indeed!

There is no better or worse, there is only the interpretation.

Latest posts

Back