F$$$ friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8aboi

Reaction score
Hey. Im an 18 year old guy just sharing something about my friends...

So i liked this girl and we started talking on facebook and everything,and she was crazy about me...she wasnt the most beautiful girl in the entire world but,i thought she was cute...and we liked each other a lot (this was when i was in school,doing year 11)...we both agreed that we will date each other once im finished with school because being in a relationship at school doesnt work...and she said she will wait for me...soo 2 weeks later she is dating one of my best friends...the nice guy that i am,ignore this situation and try to be friendly with this gardenia friend of mine...i also flatout ignored this girl as well...
Another problem is facebook...i have 80 friends...5 of those are actual friends,although 2 of them use me whenever they have nothing to do...the other 75 friends are stupid dickheads that never talks to me and only want to show the world their heaps of friends by inviting random people...and i cant take it when my best friends share their photos of them hangout with EVERYBODY except me...everyday i have to see their photos and my best friend hanging out with my ex girlfriend (who he knows i still like)...

Well,on a happier note......i deleted facebook and im trying to avoid talking to any of my friends that i have left...maybe ill buy myself a cute puppy,and be friends with him,or another f$$$$$$ video game...

I have grown up with the conclusion that friends are not easy to come by. Someone that will be there for you. Someone that is not greedy. Someone that enjoys service. I have only a handful of friends. Only one of them am I still in contact with. The others I know for a fact that if I made an attempt to contact them, they will speak back.

A friend is not someone that you always talk with. It is someone that is always there when you need to talk. Keep your head up, not having a lot of friends is common. And friend is not the same as a hangout buddy.

Vermillion Sky said:
But you gotta admit it stings just a little when you never hear from friends, unless you go to them first.

if you don't hear from them, then they are not your friends.

duff said:
Vermillion Sky said:
But you gotta admit it stings just a little when you never hear from friends, unless you go to them first.

Which is the problem. Human beings naturally desire recognition, by at least one person. But when you don't get any, it's depressing. The difficult part is finding the recognition from the right/good source.

Regumika said:
duff said:
Vermillion Sky said:

Which is the problem. Human beings naturally desire recognition, by at least one person. But when you don't get any, it's depressing. The difficult part is finding the recognition from the right/good source.

it shouldn't be you always initiating contact. People are usually polite. They will send a nice message back on facebook or return a text. But do they mean what they say ? Words are cheap.

But if you do get a message out of the blue from someone then it's nice, they have thought about you !

Yeah,most of the time they say nice things but dont actually mean it...and then some friends try to buy you things out of the blue,to show they like you....but you cant buy friends

I know how you feel. Many of my "friends" are total dickheads too. Luckily I have a few people that seem to care about me and are reliable but they're not really close friends. Now I think about it, I don't really have close friends at the moment.

I used to have a good friend at my old school we were always hanging out, but now he's acting like a ******* jerk. Luckily I've managed to build up some charisma, confidence and social skills in the past few years. I just treat "friends" who turn out to be self-centered dickheads as garbage myself, that should give them the right message. I've had a job as a fundraiser in the past for about a year, I made quite some friends there, these are the people I can talk to and I can rely on although we don't hang out very much. Most of them are older than me (I'm 18, and I have friends that are around 25) but I prefer older friends since most people of my age are total morons anyway. There's one person in particular that I trust and that doesn't judge me at all. She was a co-worker of mine and we tell eachother everything even though we aren't that close, and we don't see eachother very much because we both quit the job and she lives in another city. We don't have a lot of friends in common and this I think is one of the most important reasons that we trust eachother. We can't really "betray" eachother because we don't have friends in common.

My advice is: Just dont think of people who seem to use you or hurt your feelings as friends. If someone doesn't contact you out of the blue, even if it's just once a month, they are not your friends. I especially hate people who only contact you when they need something. I used to just give them what they want but nowadays I just don't care, I ignore those people. I'm more self-confident than I've ever been before and I just don't care about people that don't care about me. I think that's the key. Find your own identity and find people who match with you. Don't try to be part of a group of people just because they seem to be having fun. Just see it as a talent show. You shouldn't be trying to convice the jury (your "friends") that you're good enough, you should BE the jury. To achieve this you'll need self-confidence, and obviously charisma, but as many of you know self-confident people are also charismatic.

maybe she is using your friend to stay close to you...?? i dunno. have you asked her what her deal is?

I mean... dont have to be mad or confrontational... unless you want to steal her from your friend...
then who is the gardenia?

I like you...
just by the post I've just read.

you dont know if I am lying.
and in the end, whether or not you accept me is up to you... :wave:

No,i texted her a couple of times to ask if we were still going to hangout in the city...but she never texted back...

Welcome to knowledge. By your post you seem like a young guy, so you're probably discovering for the first time that most people do not amount to much. Humans in general are selfish & shortsighted creatures. It is rare to find a truly considerate person...the proverbial needle in the haystack. Don't waste your time on users, manipulators, & the hordes of typical knuckledraggers you will encounter as you go through life. Save your efforts for those who really deserve it, & don't expect to find that many.

I have a Facebook friends list of over 500 friends.

The number of people that I could count as real friends, people I know in real life and that I could call in an emergency, I'd say are about 12-15 of those. The rest are family, friends of friends, or fellow musicians that I network my music with.

I don't view Facebook as something that is really real. Maybe it's because I was 24 when Facebook came out, and I was over that whole popularity contest, but I view it as something that is mildly entertaining, and nothing more. I don't read more into people's lives, because heaven's knows there are people on Facebook who are struggling with much worse issues, and they aren't complaining.

It sucks when your friends do that to you. I remember when I was younger, a few of my friends would show off their boyfriend's to me as if to say look what I got. Deep down it hurt but I never showed it.

Friends do some pretty hurtful things, keep the ones who truly matter to you. If any of your old friends make you feel bad about yourself, find new friends. I can understand your pretty angry right now but sooner down the line new things will come your way. As for Facebook, Facebook shouldn't matter. I hope things get better for you. Hugs! :)

I "weeded out the garden" so to speak.

My "best friend" at the time of a bad break up (before, during and after the relationship) dumped her fiancé for my ex and told me all the details.... She was one of the bad weeds I got rid of.

Basically... Don't let fake friends rule your life or make you feel like crap. If you have to tell someone "what you said to me... Really hurt my feelings" and they get offended, snarky, and act like YOU are the bad guy... They obviously don't care. Keep the people who you know genuinely care...

Latest posts

Back