Face-book

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Face-book

• Total voters
B

Bluey

I have currently 55 ppl on my face book. Most ppl I know have at lest 200 ppl. Most ppl I know that jone have well over a hundred with in the first few days. Its embarrassing to only have 55 ppl on there after about a year of having it. This are ppl I know IRL BTW.

Is it better to delete the account or carry on. Am not getting anything out of it. It just rubs in the fact that I don't have much of a life. And advertisers that to other ppl. pluss the last time I message anyone on there it was ignored anyway.

This poll well decide what I am going to do. Cos am not sure. I well do what ever you lot deiced at the end of the month.

WTF man. I have only 5 ppl in facebook and 4 from ALL and 1 from another forum lol and I have account from like 10 months or some. Lol Now I m jealous of you

Bluey,

You do realize that the people who have 200 ( I'm included) dont actually know those people that well?

People usually friend me, and sometimes I friend people from my classes just in case I need to ask them something. Then, i forget who they are a year later :p

I think the high number of friends we have is a reflection of our inner insecurity (yes mine as well).

I think 55 is a fine number. You probably know those people well. Do you? Better to have 55 people you know well, than 200 you dont.

And if you do want to increase how many friends you have, do a search for people you work with or friends you had in schools growing up.

-SophiaGrace

Well I don't know most of them that well. If it was just Internet friends I could increase the number no problem. But this is RLF I have on there. I don't have anyone from work to add cos I don't work. No college or school ether. I do have some ppl on there from when I was at school but I never really had much to do with any of them ppl at school.

Most are just friends of friends and the ppl on there know that. I just feel kinder embarrassed to be on there like that when every one else has 200 pluss. One guy who added me only added me a week ago and all ready has over 200 ppl.

And sanal I know what your saying but most ppl round here use face-book. Maybe its not that big a thing where you live at.

To me all its doing is confirming what a sad lonely guy I am. I have thought of just keeping it but not logging in. But then its one of those things where you well always just keep going back for a look.

But anyway I well go with the vote at the end of the month.

Don't worry. I have about 330, yet I always talk with the same people. Most people in my lists are only people I know, but not really friends at all.

Bluey said:
Well I don't know most of them that well. If it was just Internet friends I could increase the number no problem. But this is RLF I have on there. I don't have anyone from work to add cos I don't work. No college or school ether. I do have some ppl on there from when I was at school but I never really had much to do with any of them ppl at school.

Most are just friends of friends and the ppl on there know that. I just feel kinder embarrassed to be on there like that when every one else has 200 pluss. One guy who added me only added me a week ago and all ready has over 200 ppl.

And sanal I know what your saying but most ppl round here use face-book. Maybe its not that big a thing where you live at.

To me all its doing is confirming what a sad lonely guy I am. I have thought of just keeping it but not logging in. But then its one of those things where you well always just keep going back for a look.

But anyway I well go with the vote at the end of the month.

I dont look at my facebook unless someone writes on my wall or sends me a message. I have it set up that i get email notifications when someone writes to me on facebook. I dont see the point in hanging on there otherwize. My internet friends interest me more. Is that a bad thing? o_O >_>

YEY FOR INTERNETZ FWENDS! :D

SophiaGrace said:
I dont look at my facebook unless someone writes on my wall or sends me a message. I have it set up that i get email notifications when someone writes to me on facebook. I dont see the point in hanging on there otherwize. My internet friends interest me more. Is that a bad thing? o_O >_>

YEY FOR INTERNETZ FWENDS! :D

I have mine set up like that too.

I also show moor interest in my net friends then most of the others. Only cos I find my net friends to be moor friendly and fun. I don't think that is so healthy but am not going to talk to someone who I find hard work XD

So ye agreed = YEY FOR INTERNETZ FWENDS! lol

Gerardo said:
Don't worry. I have about 330, yet I always talk with the same people. Most people in my lists are only people I know, but not really friends at all.

I think I have 2 - 3 who I don't even know lol. I have a bad memory so am guessing they do know me from somewhere. Well I know they do but I have not much clue how.

Maybe I should just start adding random ppl. Am guessing half of ppl I would ask to add me would even if they did not know me lol

At one point I had almost 70 people on facebook.
These were family, relatives, friends, co-workers, a few aquaintances,
two from ALL and a couple of bullshit accounts, like a couple of singers lol.
Thing is, people started talking to me less and less and less,
until only two who kinda said a word to me now and then.
I got fed up. There was no point in keeping it. I stopped caring about people's stupid status comments and holiday photos.
I deleted everything, changed my name, deleted all friends and closed account.

If you enjoy using it then keep it. If it makes you feel bad or you think it's a waste of time then delete it. Don't feel pressured to have it just because other people do. I don't use Facebook and I couldn't care less if people think I should - I get asked a fair bit but I've yet to see someone run away when I tell them I don't have an account there.

I wouldn't let the number of people you have added as friends influence you over your decision though. I don't think 55 is at all a low number, especially if you don't even have half the people you know added to it. Lots of people have quite a few 'friends' added who they barely even know to 'make up the numbers', like it's a popularity contest or something. Screw that. Who the hell cares?

This is one of the reasons FB sucks and always will to an extent unless serious changes are made- the concept of a 'friend'.-..- you and so and so are now 'friends'-- bullshit. First of all many people have people on their friends list who they aren't truly friends with in real life and are merely acquianted with them at best. Secondly, this notion of so and so or yourself (for that matter) becoming 'friends' with someone else at some particular point in time only corresponds to the specific reality pertaining to the world of fb. You probably didn't actually just become friends with someone like a second ago but yourself or the other party has added you some time back and only recently did you accept, confirming the affiliation or 'friendship'. This is what drives the social networking and the subsequent interactivity of facebook- the concept of affiliation which gets translated into that of 'friendship' in facebook's own little ecosystem. To summarize, this is why i consider it stupid to have people on your list who you don't even know. This is social networking just for the sake of networking which makes no sense. Facebook, unlike myspace, is not an ideal module for meeting new people. You can add someone as a 'friend' but unless they know you, they probably won't accept- whereas in myspace there's a greater possibility of that taking place since most of the time you can see the other person's profile even if you don't know them at all in real life.

Anyways Bluey, do whatever you want- it's not going to make a difference in your life. As I see it, there's only one good aspect of having a facebook and that is the convenient dissemination of the awareness of social events and gatherings, but those are far inbetween. People were completely fine without fb before and makes little difference, in my opinion whether one has one now.

i don't have facebook, but i'm thinking it's the same kinda of idea as Bebo right? I only use my Bebo as a way of keeping in touch with people from school or folks that i no longer work with. I find it usefull in that respect, but i don't bother my arse about how many friends i have, i only add people i know.

ExtensivexLDL said:
This is one of the reasons FB sucks and always will to an extent unless serious changes are made- the concept of a 'friend'.-..- you and so and so are now 'friends'-- bullshit. First of all many people have people on their friends list who they aren't truly friends with in real life and are merely acquianted with them at best. Secondly, this notion of so and so or yourself (for that matter) becoming 'friends' with someone else at some particular point in time only corresponds to the specific reality pertaining to the world of fb. You probably didn't actually just become friends with someone like a second ago but yourself or the other party has added you some time back and only recently did you accept, confirming the affiliation or 'friendship'. This is what drives the social networking and the subsequent interactivity of facebook- the concept of affiliation which gets translated into that of 'friendship' in facebook's own little ecosystem. To summarize, this is why i consider it stupid to have people on your list who you don't even know. This is social networking just for the sake of networking which makes no sense. Facebook, unlike myspace, is not an ideal module for meeting new people. You can add someone as a 'friend' but unless they know you, they probably won't accept- whereas in myspace there's a greater possibility of that taking place since most of the time you can see the other person's profile even if you don't know them at all in real life.

That is all very true and very accurate. I thought all very well put.

ExtensivexLDL said:
Anyways Bluey, do whatever you want- it's not going to make a difference in your life. As I see it, there's only one good aspect of having a facebook and that is the convenient dissemination of the awareness of social events and gatherings, but those are far inbetween. People were completely fine without fb before and makes little difference, in my opinion whether one has one now.

I was hoping to find one friend on there that I had from school. But it seems he is not on there. maybe I well bump into him one day but apart from that I think your right in FB is not going to make much difference in my life.

Luisa said:
i don't have facebook, but i'm thinking it's the same kinda of idea as Bebo right? I only use my Bebo as a way of keeping in touch with people from school or folks that i no longer work with. I find it usefull in that respect, but i don't bother my arse about how many friends i have, i only add people i know.

I have bebo has well and only have 4 or 5 peeps on there but no one I know users that around this way so that don't bother me. But ye bebo, face-book and my-space are all the same thing really. All social networking sites.

Scott said:
If you enjoy using it then keep it. If it makes you feel bad or you think it's a waste of time then delete it. Don't feel pressured to have it just because other people do. I don't use Facebook and I couldn't care less if people think I should - I get asked a fair bit but I've yet to see someone run away when I tell them I don't have an account there.

I wouldn't let the number of people you have added as friends influence you over your decision though. I don't think 55 is at all a low number, especially if you don't even have half the people you know added to it. Lots of people have quite a few 'friends' added who they barely even know to 'make up the numbers', like it's a popularity contest or something. Screw that. Who the hell cares?

You are right it is only a popularity contest and I even know of 2 ppl that added one another that has only meet once in there life. Maybe two times. But it is something I think makes me look a little bit like a sad case. witch is not how I would like to come across you know.

Oceanmist23 said:
At one point I had almost 70 people on facebook.
These were family, relatives, friends, co-workers, a few aquaintances,
two from ALL and a couple of bullshit accounts, like a couple of singers lol.
Thing is, people started talking to me less and less and less,
until only two who kinda said a word to me now and then.
I got fed up. There was no point in keeping it. I stopped caring about people's stupid status comments and holiday photos.
I deleted everything, changed my name, deleted all friends and closed account.

Yea Is a bit wot am feeling like now

I don't have a Facebook, I don't like the set up of it. I find it a bit... scary, really. Doesn't it tell you when other people add people and all that sort of stuff? I just find that a bit too much.
I prefer Myspace, just because it has a great section for Music and discovering new bands... and nobody really looks at the friend count on your profile because it doesn't have to be highlighted if you don't want it to be.

As for keeping your Facebook, I think you need to delete it if it's making you feel bad about yourself. Then again, I don't think you should sum up your social life by and through Facebook, either. There's no way I could ever know 200 + people. It just seems almost impossible...

I am on facebook right now actually.
I almost always have it up in another window.
I was the first person in my group of friends to get one
and the last hold out registered about a week ago.

Latest posts

Back