Facebook is depressing?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PedroSilva said:
VanillaCreme said:
I didn't know people were supposed to always reply to a Facebook status. People take Facebook way too serious.

i don´t take it too serious i just compare my misery to their misery, and i get the conclusion that their misery is best than my misery

Not everyone is miserable. Maybe that's the fault in your attitude.

Beyondthefourwalls said:
What made me erase my first profile was when i asked a good(or so i thought) to go out with me, she replied she was busy, then, like five minutes later, she posts in another guys profile that she was bored and that she wanted to go out with him, and he wasnt his boyfriend.

After a while I made a new one, this time i blocked her.

Its also a little anoying to open the chat, and see tons of people you would like to talk to, but nobody seems to notice you.

Why block someone for that? Okay, so she didn't want to hang out with you. No one is supposed to give you all of their attention all the time. I don't blame her for not wanting to when you act like that to her. That wasn't fair of you to do.

Beyondthefourwalls said:
What made me erase my first profile was when i asked a good(or so i thought) to go out with me, she replied she was busy, then, like five minutes later, she posts in another guys profile that she was bored and that she wanted to go out with him, and he wasnt his boyfriend.

After a while I made a new one, this time i blocked her.

Its also a little anoying to open the chat, and see tons of people you would like to talk to, but nobody seems to notice you.

Why block someone for that? Okay, so she didn't want to hang out with you. No one is supposed to give you all of their attention all the time. I don't blame her for not wanting to when you act like that to her. That wasn't fair of you to do.
[/quote]

I still talk to her, its not like i stopped being her friend, but it really hurt me to see that, and being lied doesnt help, maybe if she had just "i dont want to go out with you" it might have been less hurtful. Also, she doesnt know i have a new facebook account, so its not like i said to her: "I blocked you for pissing me off".

To me, in my book, when you block someone, you no longer want to be their friend. Even if it's only temporary, whether you tell her or not. It would have been nicer if she said that, but maybe she feels like she doesn't have to tell you what she's doing. Which, to be honest, she doesn't have to. And it's not your business what she does. Maybe she's interested in this guy, and didn't want anyone wanting to come along.

Facebook is not real life. I blocked because her it hurt my feelings to see that i had stopped being part of her life, there was a time when we were very close, now we barely talk, so i tried to reconect with her, but she didnt want to.

Facebook served as a daily remainder of the friendship i had lost, and that was very painful.

Me blocking her without she realizing it doesnt do any harm to her, and it lets me enjoy the service without a constant remainder of the stuff i have lost.

I have never complained to her about that, i understand that people move on with their lives.

it's like anything else in life. it's how you use it. and most important your perception
of life. If it's FB or if the net didnt exsist..you'll probably find other means of doing
what you do or reasons why you feel what you feel.

FB for the most part for me...is to keep in contact with my children or know my
children are still alive. everyonce in a while I'll catch up with my friends or old friends.
No i dont stalk me children..they're all grown up and live thier own lives.
My girls all are very young and beautiful...yes they do thier FB thing and all go
about it in their own ways...
And no my girls anrt stupid enough to pronounce to the world of personal matters.
I chat to my girls via private or skyp if they really need me to be there for them as a father.
Same gose for my partners or people I'm in a relationship with.
So it's just a sometype of a communication device for me.

I dont really write too much on FB. Some members on here r on my FB.lol

Honestly...I wouldnt want the entire world to know exactly of some the honeysuckle I get
myself into.lol honeysuckle people write on facebook is fucken child's play or PG13 to me.lol

K..here's pic of my girls....its on my FB account. it's the PG13 version.
My girls are sweet,sweet lovely angels....
mygirls.jpg

to me waste facebook is waste time. they don't like you they you like they unfriend me and you
you never know why.i have no friends on facebook.people aren't nice on it they don't want to know me.so i hate facebook i meet all the wrong people on it
the Spanish guy i added was very strange and waste of time i don't know what hes problem is.
he make friends with you on day and block you the next. so facebook friends is crap website.

people on it are total liar like he is .he poor mouth retune is all lie. they Spanish lad was twisted so very twisted he almost scary .
that Spanish lad is so weird

I barely ever use facebook, despite having one. I've used it occasionally to chat and keep in touch with one or two people but ultimately, MSN and Skype are far better for online contact.

Seriously?
You are trying to socialize via Facebook?

Boy..go outside and socialize face to face, touching, talking - NOT TYPING!

Personally i do not have a Facebook or similar pages. I do not get the idea..it supposed to help to talk with other people? Sincerely, if i want to talk with somebody, then i give a phone call or talk with him privately on messenger (or more good: go outside with that person for a walk).

Why a Facebook page? Facebook it's not for people! Stop finding this website interesting or socializing.
It's good for marketing - and that because most of people like you make it in this way.

My advice: delete your Facebook page and became a HUMAN!

TheDoctor said:
Seriously?

Personally i do not have a Facebook or similar pages. I do not get the idea..it supposed to help to talk with other people? Sincerely, if i want to talk with somebody, then i give a phone call or talk with him privately on messenger (or more good: go outside with that person for a walk).

Why a Facebook page? Facebook it's not for people! Stop finding this website interesting or socializing.
It's good for marketing - and that because most of people like you make it in this way.

As I use facebook to talk to certain people (that I already know and already am friends with) I guess I'm not human. Although, I am a freak cuz I won't talk on the phone...so meh, whatever.
There's nothing wrong with using facebook, so long as you know it's not a fix-all or a place to meet people.

Callie said:
Although, I am a freak cuz I won't talk on the phone...so meh, whatever.

haha.. really ??
not at all ??
im guessing you dont pick up if it rings.
or do you just listen, not saying anything ??
thats kinda creepy.... i like that :p

paulo said:
Callie said:
Although, I am a freak cuz I won't talk on the phone...so meh, whatever.

haha.. really ??
not at all ??
im guessing you dont pick up if it rings.
or do you just listen, not saying anything ??
thats kinda creepy.... i like that :p

There's maybe 3 people I'll pick up for anytime they call. Two more are hit and miss if I will answer. Everyone else, it goes to voicemail.

hehe aaah to bad.
i kinda liked the idear of picking up and not talking.

that will teach them for calling me whitout my permission :p

i dont pick up if i dont know who it is either.
but i always really wanne know who called me after that.

VanillaCreme said:
To me, in my book, when you block someone, you no longer want to be their friend. Even if it's only temporary, whether you tell her or not. It would have been nicer if she said that, but maybe she feels like she doesn't have to tell you what she's doing. Which, to be honest, she doesn't have to. And it's not your business what she does. Maybe she's interested in this guy, and didn't want anyone wanting to come along.

I blocked my crazy sister-in-law. And her entire family :) But alas, she also gets on my brother's facebook account, "by accident", she says.

Teresa

Callie said:
TheDoctor said:
Seriously?

As I use facebook to talk to certain people (that I already know and already am friends with) I guess I'm not human. Although, I am a freak cuz I won't talk on the phone...so meh, whatever.
There's nothing wrong with using facebook, so long as you know it's not a fix-all or a place to meet people.

serious, how old are you?
you want to tell me that talking on Facebook is the same thing like talking face to face?
Facebook is made by us to be a socializing website because we created accounts and made it in this way.
People are loosing emotions and feelings and replaced with smiles -> :D
that's a fake smile .

Facebook is only a source of entertainment. People log onto it to see happy things or share jokes , not to discuss headaches. I have 399 friends on my list (most of them workmates), but how many are true friends whom I can rely on when I need help? Probably only a handful. I get tons of responses when I post something, but that's only because I only post jokes, funny topics that provide other people with comical reliefs after a day's work.

Don't take it too hard or take it to heart about what happens on FB. It's a tool, not your life.

I think facebook is for hypocrites (yeah, I use it too). A way to fool people how alone they really are. It's sad that the day has come in which you prefer to log online with your friends than to share a drink with them or have a dinner together. I think that's because is way easier talking to someone online and there is always an easy way out when you don't want to continue your conversation... Makes me sick really.

TheDoctor said:
serious, how old are you?
you want to tell me that talking on Facebook is the same thing like talking face to face?
Facebook is made by us to be a socializing website because we created accounts and made it in this way.
People are loosing emotions and feelings and replaced with smiles -> :D
that's a fake smile .

Well considering A LOT of my friends live NO WHERE NEAR ME, I can't really ******* talk face to face with them, now can I? My best ******* friend lives 2000 miles away from me. Yes, I would LOVE to ******* talk to her face to face, but well, that's not possible.
Facebook is hardly the Bible, however, I DO use it to communicate with my friends and family that I otherwise cannot. And I believe I said I won't TALK ON THE PHONE, not that I won't talk face to face. BUT AGAIN...that isn't possible with MOST of my friends on facebook.
And btw... facebook really doesn't have smilies, so emotions can hardly be replaced with them, now can they. :D

Yes, FB can be depressing. It is not really different from real life. You can get friendliness and good vibes but then again, you can also be ingored or defriended.

I've noticed how annoying it can be as well. On my fb some people constantly spout their opinions, mostly political, just assuming that others agree with them. I've also noticed how people tell (or brag) to all how great their lives are, what fun they are having, etc etc.

One woman wrote onetime "Happy Anniversary Honey. I love you and marrying you was the best thing I've ever done" She also said onetime "I love my life"

See, I wouldn't say such things. I would not broadcast my marriage online and even if I really did like my life (and parts of it I do) I would never ever brag about it like that online. I might say "I am having fun doing x" but not brag.

I also don't think FB is all that satisfying for the reasons listed above and because the conversations are not private and they don't go into hardly any depth. Because the conversations are viewable to the whole world people are guarded in what they say (except the above) and so the conversations are mimimal at best. I like forums much better. Much more is said, much deeper, more sharing that is significant and it's private, which is nice. I think one can make friends easier on a forum than on FB

I was just introduced this last year and although I really don't get that much joy out of it, I go too often. I am not sure why. It's like an addiction. I am seriously considering just going 2x a week only.

So I think you are right in your observations. Remember, it's not much different in real life. Everything that happens in real life, bores, loud people, braggarts, rudeness, will happen on FB, too.

Try to keep your distance and boundaries with it. If it is upsetting to you, step away and come back only when you have a light heart. That would be my advice.

HappyYogi said:
I also don't think FB is all that satisfying for the reasons listed above and because the conversations are not private and they don't go into hardly any depth. Because the conversations are viewable to the whole world people are guarded in what they say (except the above) and so the conversations are mimimal at best. I like forums much better. Much more is said, much deeper, more sharing that is significant and it's private, which is nice. I think one can make friends easier on a forum than on FB

FB also has chat and PM's. Which makes private conversations possible.

Go for it dude...facebook is worthless.i have nobody on their except people I used to know from high school.and a girl I used to have a crush on who now posts half naked pics...nobody comments my status,nobody said happy birthday.

Latest posts

Back