facebook is usefull

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
I think the most usefull thing about facebook is you get to know stuff. You can see who is getting with who. Which blokes are sniffing around women who you like.

It's horribly fascinating to see it all unfold. Women who you've liked for ages but know darn well they don't feel the same. So you don't do anything and then watch as some other fella gets further than you ever could. And then the magic 'in a relationship' appears. Easy peasy for some. At least you don't get to bullshit yourself thinking I might have a chance there.

Ten years ago you would never know.

I actually like FB for other things. I suscribe to other FB pages/blogs that are very positive and informative. Some are of spirituality, some creativity, others gardening, health, etc. I enjoy this stuff. I dont' enjoy the bragging stuff, though. I enjoy the sharing when it's a mutual interest. I wonder if those that post on FB are the loneliest of all?

I think FB can be a bit of a lonely place sometimes. I used to to use it just to see what people were up to and post smart-alec comments on, probably to impress people. I didn't get many replies to my posts.
Now I try hard to be encouraging to people who post things on there. I put little cartoons on, with positive/funny messages and also post song vids to share my mood at the time. I probably get just a few more people replying and commenting on my posts now, but it feels more positive.
I try not to be too obsessed with FB though, it can be addictive.

Am I the only adult male on Earth who has no interest in Facebook? I really can't see any benefit to it.

Facebook is what you make it. It entirely depends on how you view it and what you decide to do with it. If you just want to be wrapped up in drama, you're going to find that anywhere, whether it's facebook, a forum or real life. I suppose it would also depend on who you choose to have as your "friends." A lot of people treat facebook like a popularity contest, it's not.
I use fb to keep in touch with my friends that aren't around me....with some, it's the only contact I have with them and that alone makes it entirely worth the effort.
If there's drama or you get depressed from seeing things or people, change your settings. Either delete the person or take them off your feed and don't go looking.

I have a technical problem with FB and wonder if anyone else has the same problem? When I go to the site I have to choose a new password every time as it refuses to accept the one I chose last time. It is so annoying that I rarely go there.

putter65 said:
Women who you've liked for ages but know darn well they don't feel the same. So you don't do anything and then watch as some other fella gets further than you ever could.
There lies the problem.

Who knows. If you had just made the move, that guy could have been you.

Ox Blood said:
putter65 said:
Women who you've liked for ages but know darn well they don't feel the same. So you don't do anything and then watch as some other fella gets further than you ever could.
There lies the problem.

A few women at work post pictures on there. I 'like' them. I have noticed 3 or 4 times my 'likes' disapear. I thought it could be a bug at first but it is happening quite often. Makes me wonder the owner of the picture is deleting my 'likes' out of embarrassment.

LonelyInAtl said:
And this is good for one's ego why?

so you don't waste time wondering if a woman you like is single or not.

You can remove likes? I didn't think you could do that, I know you can remove comments.

I like FB, lets me keep up with my friends who live all over the place, some are a mere hours away, some live on the other side of the country. Everyone is everywhere. The drama some always post gets old though. It's an obvious cry for attention, and what's funny is the more it continues on the less and less people comment.

Sci-Fi said:
You can remove likes? I didn't think you could do that, I know you can remove comments.

I like FB, lets me keep up with my friends who live all over the place, some are a mere hours away, some live on the other side of the country. Everyone is everywhere. The drama some always post gets old though. It's an obvious cry for attention, and what's funny is the more it continues on the less and less people comment.

I thought the owner of the comment or picture could remove a 'like'

I did the thread because some bloke was sniffing around this woman I've liked for ages. I've noticed he's been deleted from her friends. Obviously something happened there.

I'm going to do an experiment, I will like 3 of her comments and see what happens !

putter65 said:
Sci-Fi said:

I thought the owner of the comment or picture could remove a 'like'

I did the thread because some bloke was sniffing around this woman I've liked for ages. I've noticed he's been deleted from her friends. Obviously something happened there.

I'm going to do an experiment, I will like 3 of her comments and see what happens !

It could be me being a bit paranoid or feeling sorry for myself.

I get FB on my Andriod, now. The news feed just comes on my widget.
I scan through it really fast. It's not a big deal.
Between texting, e-mails, skyps, phone calls.
I mostly have it for my family or love ones to get a hold of me.

Oh yes...old class mates. Mostly women write or post whatever.
I lost the luster of FB rather quickly. Some of my FB friends or classmate
are still kind da wierd...
Most if not most of my male friends are kindda like me...We seldom
post unless it's the holidays or the super bowl. Ones every other months we might post.
The women however are on there 24/7s or 95 percent of my news feed. lmao

Come to think of it...all my ex got a hold of me through FB and
wanted to get back with me.lol

There's pictures on my FB wall.
The same freaken photos...I got banned on here for.lmao

Really??? You actaully have that much dramma on FB?

Lonesome Crow said:
I get FB on my Andriod, now. The news feed just comes on my widget.
I scan through it really fast. It's not a big deal.
Between texting, e-mails, skyps, phone calls.
I mostly have it for my family or love ones to get a hold of me.

Oh yes...old class mates. Mostly women write or post whatever.
I lost the luster of FB rather quickly. Some of my FB friends or classmate
are still kind da wierd...
Most if not most of my male friends are kindda like me...We seldom
post unless it's the holidays or the super bowl. Ones every other months we might post.
The women however are on there 24/7s or 95 percent of my news feed. lmao

Come to think of it...all my ex got a hold of me through FB and
wanted to get back with me.lol

There's pictures on my FB wall.
The same freaken photos...I got banned on here for.lmao

Really??? You actaully have that much dramma on FB?

Most of my comments are jokes to amuse myself or my 'friends'.

Don't get a great deal of feedback from others or 'friends requests' - I'm not friends with alot of people from work for example. I totally refuse to put any photo's on there. My main pic is me when I was a little kid. Get the occasional message from somebody. I use it to keep in touch with some of my lottery syndicate that I don't see that often.

I put songs and films / books on there just to share what I enjoy. I write details on every golf round on there. I've learned not to comment about work or get involved too much with other people's comments.

putter65 said:
Ox Blood said:
putter65 said:
There lies the problem.

A few women at work post pictures on there. I 'like' them. I have noticed 3 or 4 times my 'likes' disapear. I thought it could be a bug at first but it is happening quite often. Makes me wonder the owner of the picture is deleting my 'likes' out of embarrassment.
I'm indecisive about pics, due to insecurity, so I'll often delete and repost them -- which consequentially gets rid of any comments or likes I get on them.

And also, "liking" a picture isn't making a move, nor is it flirting... Making a move is something like sending a private message saying, "Hey! We should grab some coffee sometime."

Also... Don't take FB so seriously.

It's easy to think people have it so much better when they can filter their life to look exactly how they want to on the internet. Keeping up the image of a cookie-cutter life is made easy by social networking. In reality, it might be a completely different story.

Ox Blood said:
putter65 said:
Ox Blood said:
putter65 said:
There lies the problem.

I'm indecisive about pics, due to insecurity, so I'll often delete and repost them -- which consequentially gets rid of any comments or likes I get on them.

And also, "liking" a picture isn't making a move, nor is it flirting... Making a move is something like sending a private message saying, "Hey! We should grab some coffee sometime."

Also... Don't take FB so seriously.

It's easy to think people have it so much better when they can filter their life to look exactly how they want to on the internet. Keeping up the image of a cookie-cutter life is made easy by social networking. In reality, it might be a completely different story.

I have used the 'grab a coffee' line twice this year so far. Both women ignored my message.

putter65 said:
I have used the 'grab a coffee' line twice this year so far. Both women ignored my message.

You gotta be proud of yourself for having the courage to ask! There's no point in taking step backwards when you've already made progress.

Meekly hitting "like" on FB most likely won't do you any favors in the long run. It can easily be overlooked. That's just my two cents... But what do I know? :p

Ox Blood said:
putter65 said:

You gotta be proud of yourself for having the courage to ask! There's no point in taking step backwards when you've already made progress.

Meekly hitting "like" on FB most likely won't do you any favors in the long run. It can easily be overlooked. That's just my two cents... But what do I know? :p

Oddly enough it's the same women. I did the 'grab a coffee' line and didn't get anywhere. They still talk to me though so thats why I 'liked' one of their photo's.

Ah yes, Facebook. It certainly makes stalking people whole lot easier.

Jk.

But seriously, people get too complacent and too specific about certain things. Knowledge is power and in the wrong hands it could very well mean your demise.

I find Facebook useful too. Just not for the same reasons :p
I decided to go back to fb some time in june 2010 not long after I had a bad experience where I thought I was going to die. That night was so **** lonely that I was compelled to join facebook to "get connected". Now if something serious is happening and I have access to fb I can tell someone. Even if they can't do anything it makes me feel at ease just to have that option available to me.

I have facebook but I find it limiting at best. Not much I can do with it. Mostly have family and friends on it.

Latest posts

Back