Facebook makes me depressed.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you're not alone. I actually deleted my account awhile back cause I just needed a break from it. Anytime I logged on I got depressed cause of everyone had lots of photos or people commenting on them. Updating what's going on and receiving so many comments and I never got any hardly.

There's my good friends who are on facebook though and I do miss them, I might just bring it back just to keep in contact with my good friends and family.

Here's a photo just for laughs. :)
59cb97bbbd2f58a346f9ef6a8bf5d583_view.jpg

I find is funny how people say block what you don't want to see or delete people, i have my own thoughts as to why some don't.

Why are many of us here because at one point or another we're lonely correct? Deleting friends from facebook or blocking what they say as depressed as it makes you is still some kind of interaction rather then nothing.

For example if i was to delete and block the people that i envy (yes i can admit it) because they 'seem' to have their honeysuckle together then i would be left with about 5 'friends'. That in itself is a depressing thought only 5 people and even more depressing is out of them 5 only 2 are what i could call 'real' friends.

So i put up with the many people and their daily crap of perfect lives because yeah i guess at the moment i am too weak to let go. Making progress tho i did block a few people last night.

Maybe I'm unique in this thought process, but I actually think that when a person has an unusually large number of 'friends', it gives me a negative message about the person, and that they are someone that cannot be taken seriously.
Unless the person is famous or some leading figure or has an account as a means to keep a follower fan base or something, in general I think the more friends and photos a person has, basically the more of a fool they are.
I wouldn't ever tell them that though, because I'm too nice of person I guess. But its what I truly think in my mind.

I have an account, but provide very little information about myself on there and I have disabled my wall, I rarely log in, etc. If someone wants to contact me they can do it through a pm, and I will see it eventually and reply.
Also like others have said I only keep it basically to keep in touch with relatives, and I have a few old university friends on there too.

Is it just me? but I have a hard time looking at someone else's profile if they don't know I'm looking at it. So I generally just don't look or read anything about other people. If I do its very rare and brief.

duff said:
why people write romantic messages to their girlfriends or boyfriends is beyond me ?
Why not tell them or send a text ?
it's just showing off !

Cus why have intimacy when you can show off in front of fb friends? And thus feed your narcisism while caring about your partner, all in one! :)

OP, if you want to keep using fb I'd suggest you hide the people that annoy you, you can edit what you want to see in the main page. I did that with people who annyed me. Still have my account but I seldom use it.

Latest posts

Back