Fair winds and following seas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sci-Fi said:
If responses from either of you have ever been in a joking way towards me I would have taken it as such, but since both of you have enjoyed trolling me in the past I see it as just that, trolling.  I've always been treated with contempt from both of you even when matters have nothing to do with either of you.

I wasn't trying to troll. I like throwing jokes in, here and there. I do that with everyone, not just you. I also haven't had some contempt for you as a person, believe it or not.

But point taken, i'll leave you alone from now on.

Seahorse, I have defended you on here before. I can't help liking you. I don't know much about you. I think I know your gender, I don't know your age, ethnicity, what country you're from. And I don't care. I can see a goodness in you.

But for chrissakes, pull your finger out of your ass. I say this as a friend. This forum isn't out to get you.

TheLoadedDog said:
Seahorse, I have defended you on here before.  I can't help liking you.  I don't know much about you.  I think I know your gender, I don't know your age, ethnicity, what country you're from.  And I don't care.  I can see a goodness in you.

But for chrissakes, pull your finger out of your ass.  I say this as a friend. This forum isn't out to get you.

Not sure she'll read that seeing as she's unregistered.

Paraiyar said:
TheLoadedDog said:
Seahorse, I have defended you on here before.  I can't help liking you.  I don't know much about you.  I think I know your gender, I don't know your age, ethnicity, what country you're from.  And I don't care.  I can see a goodness in you.

But for chrissakes, pull your finger out of your ass.  I say this as a friend. This forum isn't out to get you.

You don't have to be registered to read a thread.
I suspect the reason she wanted off had more to do with herself than anyone on here.
It's hard not to get consumed by negativity when you're reading about it all the time.
Her reasons, to me, sounded like it was affecting her badly and she didn't like how she was reacting.
Perhaps she felt out of control and that's why she couldn't just log off or walk away, she needed it closed.
Whatever the case, it's her choice... and I wish her well.

kaetic said:
Paraiyar said:
TheLoadedDog said:

You don't have to be registered to read a thread.
I suspect the reason she wanted off had more to do with herself than anyone on here.
It's hard not to get consumed by negativity when you're reading about it all the time.
Her reasons, to me, sounded like it was affecting her badly and she didn't like how she was reacting.
Perhaps she felt out of control and that's why she couldn't just log off or walk away, she needed it closed.
Whatever the case, it's her choice... and I wish her well.

...Uh yeah thanks for pointing that out to me, I never would have known it was possible otherwise...In all seriousness, she might read it but given what she had to say in her final comments I think it's quite likely she won't.

Hello, it's Seahorse,
Yes I know I will be banned for creating a fake profile. I am just going out of my mind with no one to chat with. I do recognise that some people have serious issues, others don't feel comfortable responding etc.
And thank you to the people who recognized where I am coming from. Besides chatting a few times a week with my retired neighbour, my only human interaction is either on this forum, being rejected for jobs I am more than qualified for and bizarre messages on dating sites... I look at FB just to get a glimmer of normal lives and go back to my gold fish bowl of a life, swimming around and looking out.. I think I might seem arrogant to some of you and maybe I am :(
I like engaging others, helping others feel better...
It kind of hurt my feelings that Loaded Dog claims he knows nothing about me seeing as I am one of the few people who expresses my self on here.
I remember every thing that people post on here, some of it is pretty awful and it does effect me very deeply and I can't do any thing to help...
Why can't I train my self to accept not having human relationships just like I have up drinking or eating meat?

I got 2 emails yesterday. One from a former member of this site wishing me a happy Easter, one from a current member giving feed back on my resume. It made me feel like a human.

I think the thing you need to learn how to accept is that not everyone is YOU, which means not everyone is going to feel the same way about things as you.
Do you know why I won't use my picture or tell anyone where I live? Because I was STALKED by someone on this site....So you need to stop being so **** judgmental and start just accepting that people are who they are and not everyone is going to do things you like. Stop judging the fresia out of everyone!

Also, it can't be a fake account, since your last account has been deactivated. However, you were banned, so that could cause some problems.

Wow Callie, that's terrible...what are the odds of living in a really small town and being stalked by some one on this site....I'm so sorry you went through that

That's my point though, you don't know anyone's back stories or why they do what they do, so how can you belittle people on the avatars they use or that they won't post their pictures?

TheRealCallie said:
I think the thing you need to learn how to accept is that not everyone is YOU, which means not everyone is going to feel the same way about things as you.  
Do you know why I won't use my picture or tell anyone where I live?  Because I was STALKED by someone on this site....So you need to stop being so **** judgmental and start just accepting that people are who they are and not everyone is going to do things you like.  Stop judging the fresia out of everyone!

Also, it can't be a fake account, since your last account has been deactivated.  However, you were banned, so that could cause some problems.

Can you blame them though with the pictures you send people .... HOT!

TheRealCallie said:
That's my point though, you don't know anyone's back stories or why they do what they do, so how can you belittle people on the avatars they use or that they won't post their pictures?

In all honestly because my only online experience is Face Book and dating sites where people post pictures..so yes, I find it a bit strange to not show who you are...am I allowed to say that?

You can say it, that's fine, but don't belittle people that don't feel safe sharing their real pictures or names. I have many friends who won't even use their real photos on facebook because they don't want that personal information out there or don't like their pictures. It's not about whether you think it's strange or not, it's about how you insult them because they don't do it like YOU think they should.

TheRealCallie said:
You can say it, that's fine, but don't belittle people that don't feel safe sharing their real pictures or names.  I have many friends who won't even use their real photos on facebook because they don't want that personal information out there or don't like their pictures.  It's not about whether you think it's strange or not, it's about how you insult them because they don't do it like YOU think they should.

Exactly... I'm a square peg in a round hole.. I'm not looking to be a big fish in a small pond. I explained my frustrations about this site, so I will get back to my job search and odd messages on dating sites:)

Richierich said:
TheRealCallie said:
You can say it, that's fine, but don't belittle people that don't feel safe sharing their real pictures or names.  I have many friends who won't even use their real photos on facebook because they don't want that personal information out there or don't like their pictures.  It's not about whether you think it's strange or not, it's about how you insult them because they don't do it like YOU think they should.

Exactly... I'm a square peg in a round hole.. I'm not looking to be a big fish in a small pond. I explained my frustrations about this site, so I will get back to my job search and odd messages on dating sites:)

Thee is definitely space for someone like you here dear, I just think that you could learn more from people here than the other way around, and you were really doing well lately, it's not about not having an opinion or keeping quiet to fit in, you can have a different opinion and people will respect you for it the same, but you need to accept that others might not agree with you on those opinions, and that does not make them weird or hateful or uncaring, they just are different because we all are different.

TheRealCallie said:

Wait.... I'm starting to think that wasn't YOU in those pictures now!

Richierich said:
Hello, it's Seahorse,
Yes I know I will be banned for creating a fake profile. I am just going out of my mind with no one to chat with. I do recognise that some people have serious issues, others don't feel comfortable responding etc.

I don't know, it sounds like people are happy to have you here. Just consider being less quick to get into fights. Sometimes even something as small as the word choice or tone makes all the difference.

Richierich said:
being rejected for jobs I am more than qualified for

Yeah I understand this. It can really make a person feel worthless or hopeless.

Any way. I'd better get off here as I was banned, well some anonymous person with the user name Seahorse was banned.

Latest posts

Back