Family Troubles :/

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bei

I’m really going to try my hardest to make this as short as possible because the whole story could seriously be a novel but I need to get it out before I scream. So, I just found out from my brother that his baby momma will be joining us on thanksgiving! This is horrible news for me because I do not like her and neither does my mom or sister :( it’s a sad thing but it’s just what we feel now. My brother is a few years younger then me and he had one of those teen pregnancy situations with the girl. They had broken up long before her pregnancy and my family and I had no clue she would be in our lives again and with a baby. I do love my niece to death and I really tried with her mom. I actually used to like her before I got to know her but then I saw that she was really very rude and inconsiderate of others. I mean these are some things that may not bother other people but they bother me. So, pretty much I’ve helped my brother with his baby A LOT since she was born. Since I haven’t worked in a while I would always be home to watch her. I was always the person in the middle because he and the baby momma used to hate each other so I let her use me to communicate with him because I felt bad for her and I thought I was helping. The family drama here is really just never ending because two children had a child and of course my family and I can’t just stand by and not help but at the same time we don’t get any thanks just a slap in the face from both of them. Not that I’m a saint or anything I just really felt for this girl when I found out about the baby because she was so young and I wanted to make sure she knew I was there for support but she soon began to take advantage of my families kindness and of mine the most. She was always venting to me about my brother which was hard for me because no matter how much I think my brother is a total jerk I don’t want to hear someone else talking bad about him to me. I put up with this for over a year till I decided I had to put a stop to it. Then the next problem was she kept changing the days my brother was suppose to get my niece on us very last minute (like the day before) and many times we had to cancel things we planned to do with her like take her to meet some family or anything. I know it doesn’t seem normal how much my family was involved but my brother didn’t exactly get board with being a parent if anything we didn’t trust leaving him alone with her for a pretty long time because he would get distracted and not watch her. She’s the first baby in the family so it’s a pretty big deal. So one day I finally told her how I felt and just like that she stopped being my friend. I was pretty relieved but hurt at the same time because it made me feel that all the effort I put into being friends with her meant nothing. Our falling out was a few months ago and now she’s coming over to spend the day with us. I’m sure she’s excited because she knows we will be having a vegan thanksgiving and she gets to show off all the food I’m going to make on her stupid instagram where she pretends she actually cares about the animals. Shes one of those girls that became vegan because it’s suppose to be trendy over here or something. Oh god.. I have written a novel lol sorry to anyone who read that whole thing but I was just trying to explain why this is such a big deal to me.

I don’t know what I’m going to do I feel so upset that my family and by family I mean my dad and brother, just couldn’t care less about my feelings. They all know we had a falling out and well it was my dad and brothers idea (they never come up with the brightest ideas). I may be taking this too personal but I just don’t understand why they would invite her. She definitely turned our holidays into a complete drama tornado last year and now she’s coming to make it awkward. Also I’m always made out to be the crazy person in my family because I get all intense with my emotions. I will be flipping out on my parents later about allowing this and they will call me crazy…. I feel like just not being part of it at all and staying in my room but I don’t want to let her ruin my time. This really sucks…. If I could I would run away and live in the forest but I’m kind of surrounded by desert.

Thanks to ALL for giving me a place to vent when I feel like I’m about to explode and my guts will just fly all over the place.

niave said:
I’m really going to try my hardest to make this as short as possible because the whole story could seriously be a novel but I need to get it out before I scream. So, I just found out from my brother that his baby momma will be joining us on thanksgiving! This is horrible news for me because I do not like her and neither does my mom or sister :( it’s a sad thing but it’s just what we feel now. My brother is a few years younger then me and he had one of those teen pregnancy situations with the girl. They had broken up long before her pregnancy and my family and I had no clue she would be in our lives again and with a baby. I do love my niece to death and I really tried with her mom. I actually used to like her before I got to know her but then I saw that she was really very rude and inconsiderate of others. I mean these are some things that may not bother other people but they bother me. So, pretty much I’ve helped my brother with his baby A LOT since she was born. Since I haven’t worked in a while I would always be home to watch her. I was always the person in the middle because he and the baby momma used to hate each other so I let her use me to communicate with him because I felt bad for her and I thought I was helping. The family drama here is really just never ending because two children had a child and of course my family and I can’t just stand by and not help but at the same time we don’t get any thanks just a slap in the face from both of them. Not that I’m a saint or anything I just really felt for this girl when I found out about the baby because she was so young and I wanted to make sure she knew I was there for support but she soon began to take advantage of my families kindness and of mine the most. She was always venting to me about my brother which was hard for me because no matter how much I think my brother is a total jerk I don’t want to hear someone else talking bad about him to me. I put up with this for over a year till I decided I had to put a stop to it. Then the next problem was she kept changing the days my brother was suppose to get my niece on us very last minute (like the day before) and many times we had to cancel things we planned to do with her like take her to meet some family or anything. I know it doesn’t seem normal how much my family was involved but my brother didn’t exactly get board with being a parent if anything we didn’t trust leaving him alone with her for a pretty long time because he would get distracted and not watch her. She’s the first baby in the family so it’s a pretty big deal. So one day I finally told her how I felt and just like that she stopped being my friend. I was pretty relieved but hurt at the same time because it made me feel that all the effort I put into being friends with her meant nothing. Our falling out was a few months ago and now she’s coming over to spend the day with us. I’m sure she’s excited because she knows we will be having a vegan thanksgiving and she gets to show off all the food I’m going to make on her stupid instagram where she pretends she actually cares about the animals. Shes one of those girls that became vegan because it’s suppose to be trendy over here or something. Oh god.. I have written a novel lol sorry to anyone who read that whole thing but I was just trying to explain why this is such a big deal to me.

I don’t know what I’m going to do I feel so upset that my family and by family I mean my dad and brother, just couldn’t care less about my feelings. They all know we had a falling out and well it was my dad and brothers idea (they never come up with the brightest ideas). I may be taking this too personal but I just don’t understand why they would invite her. She definitely turned our holidays into a complete drama tornado last year and now she’s coming to make it awkward. Also I’m always made out to be the crazy person in my family because I get all intense with my emotions. I will be flipping out on my parents later about allowing this and they will call me crazy…. I feel like just not being part of it at all and staying in my room but I don’t want to let her ruin my time. This really sucks…. If I could I would run away and live in the forest but I’m kind of surrounded by desert.

Thanks to ALL for giving me a place to vent when I feel like I’m about to explode and my guts will just fly all over the place.

Wow.
Good luck at the dinner.

Thanks perfanoff, I'm actually feeling a lot better about the situation now. I'm a bit embarrassed for posting such a long rant about this. I just have a hard time accepting things sometimes but I always get there. I decided I will just be nice and enjoy the day so it'll be fine.

Glad you went at it with a cool attitude dude.
No need to be embarrassed, honestly I think embarrassment is a generally unnecessary feeling.

Latest posts

Back