Favorite piece of clothing you own, and why?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Reaction score
What do you have hanging in your closet, folded in your drawers or armoire, that you enjoy wearing just a little bit better than the rest of your wardrobe? And when was the last time you wore it?

I have got this old long sleeve plain grey t shirt, maybe 3 or 4 years now. I swear I have not had a piece of clothing I enjoyed wearing more. Lately every time I put it on, I have this small internal dialogue (sometimes with old British accents)

Brain - "you know, the color had faded excessively and the fabric is wearing dangerously thin on the elbows and wrists in this gross misrepresentation of a shirt you've come accustomed to wearing time and time again."

Heart - "whilst what brain has said may be true, it cannot stop you from...getting down with your bad self as they say. No substitute exists for experience my dear brain, and this shirt has vast amounts. Carry on good sir. Carry on."

Brain - "Well played heart. Well played."

And so time and again I wear the shirt with pride. I mean the thing is versatile. I can wear it by itself, with another t shirt over it or under it. It hides minor spills with ease. Throw it in the washer and dryer without having to worry about it shrinking. I mean, how much more could I ask for?

So what's yours? I mean your clothes may not make you talk to yourself, but there is probably something you enjoy wearing more than the rest of your stuff. What is it, and how has it come to be? When did you wear it last, or when are you going to wear it again?

I call it my "hippie" t-shirt, because it's kinda tie-dye with a sun covering the front in orange hues and moon covering the back in blue hues. I got it from my friend's mom last year. The shirt's not really my style, but it has sentimental value. I probably wear it too often, and so the colors are fading already.

The last time I wore it was probably last week, but I'm not quite sure. Now that I mention it, I think I'll wear it tomorrow or Thursday.

Interesting internal dialogue, btw.

andy that was hilarious...i totally read it with the old british accents. i needed to smile tonight. next time you could try throwing in an "i say, old bean..."

i don't know if i have a fave but i am very likely to be in an outfit that has black leggings involved somehow.

My fish shirt. I call it my "fish shirt" because it's a shirt that has fish on it.

my jim morrison shirt and my loony shirt. the loony one has a printed loony face that I painted myself. I like it :D

I like fashion! I tend to form attachments to outfits rather than specific garments though, since most of my garments are by themselves pretty basic. That being the case, probably my goddamn PJs.

I shop around for my clothes at charity shops, therefore my favourite items of clothing are second-hand, worn, and from decades gone by.

I've built up a small collection of vintage clothing and shoes from the 50's onwards, and I can be almost certain I have not parted with more than $100 over a period of several years.

I whole heatedly recommend searching through donated clothing to discover dirt cheap gems.

Interesting question, have to say my Batman hoodie. I don't wear it often though because I don't want to wear it out, just like my Batman boxers, pj's, t-shirts, hat (lol).

My hat
My purple dress which I worn twice for 5 min eath time.... (d) its a beautiful dress thus should be worn by a beautiful girl

A pair of jeans that I just bought is my favorite piece of clothing, and the reason why is because they are a couple of sizes smaller than all my other clothes (except new ones) that I own, because I lost 24 lbs.! :)

WishingWell said:
A pair of jeans that I just bought is my favorite piece of clothing, and the reason why is because they are a couple of sizes smaller than all my other clothes (except new ones) that I own, because I lost 24 lbs.! :)

Hey congrats! 24 pounds Is a lot of weight no matter how much you weighed before. Keep it up....er.....off. :)

I wear clothing because society makes me.

With that in mind... I don't have a piece of favorite clothing.

nice Andy,

i have a grey shirt also with epaulets and aluminum buttons, wear it all the time. actually i don't even like grey, but when i wear this one it makes me feel non threatening...i look like i am at peace even though i'm not, fools others too...strangest thing.

I own a knit hat that is about 6 years old right now, it has a hole on the top of it, and a hole on the side of it, but I will never part with it. The hole on the top is actually useful I just put a finger in there and pull it off my head. I can't explain why, but I couldn't imagine living without it.

I dont think I have just one piece of clothing that I love the most. I've got a few outfits that I like wearing the most because I think I look good in them but a single like shirt or something? hmmmm lemme think.

Well I have one shirt that I like which says "Sarcasm, it's just one of my many talents" I guess that would probly by my favorite since it fits my personality perfectly.

I've never really bothered specifically with what i'm wearing until recently tbh. My favourite would have to be my black trench coat though :p Gotta feel epic when you walking around in this bad boy, makes me look mysterious o__0 or at least i like to think so hehe

PLUS! i think it makes me look taller which is very good :D

Latest posts

Back