Favorite Toys From Childhood

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51X7Xc5PkGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Buzz-Lightyear-Action-Figure.jpg

1026663801lg.jpg

I listened to all my cassette tapes on one of these as a kid until it broke.
Funny to look back at it now and learn of it's intended use.

6a00d83452989a69e20167606445e9970b-800wi.jpg

And this is the model that replaced it. I was always making recordings on black tapes of my own songs and pretending to host a radio show. Ha hah..

Jilted John said:
Drifter showing his youth again,I remember buying the original Ewok village for my son,it was £30 then!

I just thought 'ah tri-logo packaging' a nice example :) I can tell a fake packaged star wars figure from the pattern of the glue around the plastic display bubble and a fake weapon from the sound it makes when dropped on the table. It was a strange (and expensive) time of life collecting vintage star wars, I miss it! Please don't post more pictures I will relapse and reach for the credit card! :)

The Good Citizen said:
I just thought 'ah tri-logo packaging' a nice example :) I can tell a fake packaged star wars figure from the pattern of the glue around the plastic display bubble and a fake weapon from the sound it makes when dropped on the table. It was a strange (and expensive) time of life collecting vintage star wars, I miss it! Please don't post more pictures I will relapse and reach for the credit card! :)

I would definitely hang on to the vintage ones, if you still have them. Last I checked, I found that their values have skyrocketed, especially for mint/complete figures and sets.

annik said:
Am I the only one who felt the need to go and do a search on ebay to see what these are going for?... :rolleyes:

Nowhere near as much as human organs I’d imagine?

While you're at it...

DreamPhone1996.jpg

heroquest-box.jpg

screwballscramblebox.jpg

hungry_hungry_hippos_650x30.jpg

MB-pacman-boardgame-boxdetail.jpg

LoneKiller said:
Can you remember any of your favorite toys from your childhood?

"JAWS"

user-image-1184610459.jpg

Oh yeah, we had JAWS! Awesome. :)

Some of my favorites were, in addition to the classic legion of stuffed animals and Barbie dolls with assorted Barbie paraphernalia were:

My Charlie's Angels dolls

Hasbro_charlie_angels.jpg

and my Breyer horses, especially Man O' War, seen here

breyermanowar.jpg

I was such a girl lol

Screwball Scramble!! Haha! What a game! Nice one Lost Drifter.

I used to have a Boba fett action figure that I used to play with all the time.
I was obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine, had Thomas pyjamas, slippers, train set, the show on vhs.
Woody doll from Toy story, loved him. Loved my bike, rollerblades, football, gameboy all that fun stuff.
Good times. I miss being a kid so much... no worries back then.. All that mattered was having fun!

DreamerDeceiver said:
The Good Citizen said:

I would definitely hang on to the vintage ones, if you still have them. Last I checked, I found that their values have skyrocketed, especially for mint/complete figures and sets.

No I sold my comlpete set of 12 backs, bought them for £1,800 sold them for £2,500 in total. Do miss having them though, if only for the look of displeasure and disbelief on my GF's face :) :)

videogames and a wide array of action figures

I remain passionate about videogames and I'll admit to missing my action figures.

Latest posts

Back