Favorite/Weirdest/Most Interesting Book

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Estrios_Vega

I have been looking around the Forum to find a thread on books! I haven't seen one, so why not start one?

Favorite Book: Too many to count...but I am currently reading The Sealed Letter by Emma Donahuge and just finished The Pillars of the Earth (I really want to read the sequel)
Weirdest: Thundercake (only because I tried calling every middle age woman BaBa after that)
Interesting: Egalia's Daughters (the English Translation, the French was too difficult for me! I gave in. lol)

Favorite? Oh boy that's a hard question. I think probably Witch Child by Celia Reese. Or Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.

Weirdest would be... I don't know. Twilight I guess:p

All the books I read are interesting in their own ways.

Favourite book? Hard question, but one of my favourites is Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier. It is a beautiful book.

Weirdest book? Perhaps The Primal Screamer by Nick Blinko.

favorite: of mice and men, by john steinbeck (simple yet powerful)
weirdest: heart of the country, by greg mattews (weird but great)
interesting: the younger brothers, by a.c. appler (about cole younger and his brothers)

Blue Bob said:
favorite: of mice and men, by john steinbeck (simple yet powerful)
weirdest: heart of the country, by greg mattews (weird but great)
interesting: the younger brothers, by a.c. appler (about cole younger and his brothers)

Have you read East of Eden by Steinbeck? Amazing book. Simply amazing - but maybe not as simple as Of Mice and Men. lol.

@estrios_vega
yes i've read it, it's a great book, one of my favorites

Peter Lorre said:
Die Verwandlung and Der Process on all three of those.

Sounds great. While i enjoyed both of them, my german is so poor that i had to read english versions, so they probably lost something, especially Die Verwandlung and the transformation.

Favorite: The Diary of Anne Frank
Weirdest: The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon
Most Interesting: Semites & Anti-Semites by Bernard Lewis

Estrios_Vega said:
I have been looking around the Forum to find a thread on books! I haven't seen one, so why not start one?

Favorite Book: Too many to count

You missed it. Spare made one. It's in the entertainment section. :)

Btw, just choose the first book that comes to mind when choosing Favorite Books. That's what I did.

Favourite: Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Weirdest: Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
Most Interesting: The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky

I can not categorize like you... I read too much... In fact mostly fall in love with what I read:D And yes, of mice and man is a great book...

Special Topics in Calamity Physics was a great, suspenseful novel with strange characters, yet relatable themes. It is Marisha Pessl's debut book, and I am anxiously awaiting her second novel, "Night Film."

Latest posts

Back