Feeling as if you do not fit in with your friends anymore.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueArtist

Reaction score
I've been feeling like this for a while now. I'm not a person who make friends easily and it takes a while for me to warm up to new people introduced to me.

Currently all my friends are in relationships or maried with children where as I'm not. I can have a decent concersation with them anymore since everything revolves around their partners or children and I feel left out at every gathering we have.

Anybody else sometimes feel like this

Once people I know get married, I never hear from them anymore. They have a life and they don't want to have to associate with people who don't have one.
Then they get a kid and they stop associating with all the people they knew that had a life too. *laughs*

Yes, I'm in the exact same boat as you. Practically everyone I know are either or have been married and have kids. Still talk to them on occasion, they'll talk about their kids but I don't mind hearing about them. I like kids and wish I had some of my own so I sort of live vicariously through them. Most don't talk about their S/O unless they want to rant about them. LOL

This must be so hard for you. I long for a relationship and would be even lonelier if I was the only one out of my friends who didn't have one. It's as if you are being reminded of your loneliness all the time because they are all in one 'place' while you are in another. They have certain experiences in common with each other which single people don't have. You said that you find it hard to make new friends, but it might be the only option.

BlueArtist~ This is very common, even with *normal* single, non lonely people.

However, not all of us are like this. I've never been married but I've had lots of love relationships. I never ever avoided singles while in relationship ever. I just would not do such a thing. Why would I do that when I was single for so many years? It would be like rejecting myself. Plus, I happen to think that single people tend to be, on the whole, more interesting than the rest of the population. So why would I want to deny myself their company?

Latest posts

Back