females to regularly chat to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haz

Reaction score
so here's the deal, I love women. but I don't have too many friends, online or otherwise at the moment. I spend most of my waking hours working, and my free time is limited so on the internet I don't really push myself outside of my comfort zone meeting people like I used to when I was a teenager. i'm a 24 yr old Australian training to be a chef

I've developed strong friendships with women of all ages online before, and kind of miss having that person there to have a bit of fun with and confide in whenever we are online together. I'm pretty open about just about any subject, and have a good sense of humor. Maybe someone who is a kind of "outgoing introvert", like myself. A little nerdy and intellectual, would be a bonus. I don't want anyone who is gonna waste my time with one sided conversation though, nothing worse than trying to develop a friendship with someone who gives one word responses to open ended questions all the time.

PM me, thanks

are you questioning my taste in gender? :)

I like guys too, if that accounts for anything...

Well we are talking about friends here, after all. Why do you specifically ask for female friends? Just out of curiosity :)

well I was fairly certain I explained it adequately in the first post but let me rephrase this

but I don't have too many friends, online or otherwise at the moment.

I don't have too many female friends, we've all either gone our separate ways whether i've known them in person or online, even if I do have a few that have stuck around.

I miss the unique dynamic between a guy and a girl, simple.

Allrighty, just checking. Looking up women over the internet is pretty useless, so I had to check if that was what you where going for. I hope you are getting out in addition, and not using the internet as a substitute for socializing.

Good luck man!

While I understand somewhat your meaning in asking specifically women, I also have to agree with Ignored and trZ here. There are many people on this forum that are very kind and friendly. I don't believe gender should matter all that much when it comes to friendship. To me, coming in and targeting only women like this, it seems a little odd. Granted, it may just be my personal experiences, but it seems like you might just be out to attract the women for ulterior motives.

That said, I'm not saying that IS EXACTLY what you are going for, but it's what it seems like to me.

Yeah but keep an eye out for mintymint. He's not one of those kind and friendly types. Moreso our local raging pervert. :)

Just my two cents...

I've always gotten along better with males. I can see why someone would seek out a specific gender to be friends with. I think it's just a personality thing.

EveWasFramed said:
Just my two cents...

I've always gotten along better with males. I can see why someone would seek out a specific gender to be friends with. I think it's just a personality thing.

Oh so do I... however, when specifically asking for just one gender, it sometimes seems shady. I'm not saying that's his intentions, just what it seems like to me.

IgnoredOne said:
Its all cool, I just worry that you might be Loveshy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love-shyness

There's an unique dynamic between male-male friendships, too, and one in my opinion that is invaluable to a man as well.

well thanks for your concern and the online diagnosis doctor

never once did I say anybody wasn't free to PM me if they wanted to be friends with me outside of this thread and my request.

I have plenty of online "bros" that keep me entertained ;) and a few women, but not enough for my liking. I'm not discriminating against anyone here, and I don't want to imply that.

Callie said:
To me, coming in and targeting only women like this, it seems a little odd. Granted, it may just be my personal experiences, but it seems like you might just be out to attract the women for ulterior motives.

not all men are scam artists or looking to rub one off and talk dirty watching you on cam the first opportunity we get. there are other places online I can indulge in these activities in if I really wanted to.

[video=youtube]

halfway through really hits home, but, a disclaimer. I am really not looking to butter you up as an online love interest, for marriage, or cybersex. I am very sexually open, but if there is one thing I am not it is a sleaze. I have a strong respect, and good sense of humour. The only way you can find out these qualities about someone is if you give a little bit of yourself first, and yeah it's a gamble. I accept that.

Personally, I understand wanting a female rather than a guy as an online chat buddy. A lot of guys find it easy to talk to other guys, and have guy friends. Guys are simple, and for the most part employ straight forward logic with a side of male bravado to a situation. But when seeking the advice of a perfect stranger (especially on a site like this), the object is often self improvement and growth. To do that, one would benefit IMMENSELY from the perspective of the opposite gender. I've had my female friends ask my opinion for my male perspective, and it was totally appropriate - because men and women do think differently.

I think some women tend to flatter themselves by assuming that every guy who approaches them wants to get in their precious little panties.

a) It's the internet...you afraid that hes going to fresia you through the Ethernet port?
2) If he is looking for that special someone, you having a female perspective could lend valuable insight on him being successful on his search. Companionship is important to EVERYONE! Help a fellow human being out!! He may help you in return.
iii) So what if he is trying to meet a girl in a romantic context?? If you want to meet a guy...why be so apprehensive...just go with the flow and see where it takes you?

This really shouldn't have gone any further than the first post. I've had a couple of women message me, and we've been getting along just fine.

If anyone else wants to join the party do so and private message me, male or female, but it's a pretty silly argument so i'm not gonna return to this thread. We should exercise caution meeting people online no matter what their apparent intentions are, still I really don't think women earn the right over men to immediately voice distrust of the other sex online to the point they refuse contact when four out of five women who actually respond to my messages on dating websites are camwhores asking for me to paypal money for a show. Never mind the white knights (not necessarily ITT) who want to stick up for their sisters decisions, whilst appearing to secretly hope they present themselves off as enough of a good fellow they may earn the privilege of some attention.

It works both ways.

grainofrice24 said:
Personally, I understand wanting a female rather than a guy as an online chat buddy. A lot of guys find it easy to talk to other guys, and have guy friends. Guys are simple, and for the most part employ straight forward logic with a side of male bravado to a situation. But when seeking the advice of a perfect stranger (especially on a site like this), the object is often self improvement and growth. To do that, one would benefit IMMENSELY from the perspective of the opposite gender. I've had my female friends ask my opinion for my male perspective, and it was totally appropriate - because men and women do think differently.

I think some women tend to flatter themselves by assuming that every guy who approaches them wants to get in their precious little panties.

a) It's the internet...you afraid that hes going to fresia you through the Ethernet port?
2) If he is looking for that special someone, you having a female perspective could lend valuable insight on him being successful on his search. Companionship is important to EVERYONE! Help a fellow human being out!! He may help you in return.
iii) So what if he is trying to meet a girl in a romantic context?? If you want to meet a guy...why be so apprehensive...just go with the flow and see where it takes you?

I agree with this post.

In fact, if I am looking for companionship now, I would be looking more specifically for FEMALE ones. I have enough male friends in RL (although more wouldn't hurt either).

However, having a female friend (especially in RL) is different from a male one. I can get her perspective and thoughts on things which I would otherwise not receive from a guy buddy. Also, while shopping (esp clothes) it is extremely helpful to have a girl around.

So yeah, Haz, I wish you luck in getting a female chat buddy or even better in RL.;)

Latest posts

Back