film fans

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
murmi97 said:
I could give you a top 3....of 1953

Pickup on South Street
High Noon
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

;)
in that order

Don't think I've seen them, but were I to do so... too antiquated :p I don't question the quality of these films, but the way they look and sound, even restored.. just doesn't jell with what I've come to expect, not with HD tvs and monitors these days.

It's kind of a shame that I've let my appetite get spoiled by the HD revolution, but what're ya gonna do?

Triple Bogey said:
anybody got a film of the year ?

my top 3

Cloud Atlas
Rush
The Impossible

For Me I Would Say

1) The Crash Reel
2) Behind The Candelabra
3) Upstream Color

Worst Films

1) Kick Ass 2
2) Trance
3) Thor 2

murmi97 said:

Pickup on South Street
High Noon
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

;)
in that order

I watched "Pickup on South Street" last month. Thought i was pretty decent. Been going through something of a Samuel Fuller run.

Minus said:
murmi97 said:

Pickup on South Street
High Noon
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

;)
in that order

I watched "Pickup on South Street" last month. Thought i was pretty decent. Been going through something of a Samuel Fuller run.

Pickup is my idea of sexy actually.
Batman55 said:
murmi97 said:

Pickup on South Street
High Noon
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

;)
in that order

Don't think I've seen them, but were I to do so... too antiquated :p I don't question the quality of these films, but the way they look and sound, even restored.. just doesn't jell with what I've come to expect, not with HD tvs and monitors these days.

It's kind of a shame that I've let my appetite get spoiled by the HD revolution, but what're ya gonna do?

You should get over it - the stories, the directors, the actors, hell sometimes even the old, bone dry jokes are completely worth it.

Some of my fav (though not recent):
Hearts in Atlantis
Vanilla Sky
As good as it gets
Men of Honour
Hero
Exam
Inception
The Road (Viggo Mortensen)
the well-known: Gladiator, Braveheart, The Patriot (Mel Gibson), 300 (sequel to appear in spring), Any given Sunday
recently seen: The best offer, The Conjuring, The Wolverine
(there are more, but these came to my mind right now)

zero said:
Some of my fav (though not recent):
Hearts in Atlantis
Vanilla Sky
As good as it gets
Men of Honour
Hero
Exam
Inception
The Road (Viggo Mortensen)
the well-known: Gladiator, Braveheart, The Patriot (Mel Gibson), 300 (sequel to appear in spring), Any given Sunday
recently seen: The best offer, The Conjuring, The Wolverine
(there are more, but these came to my mind right now)

good list !

Thank you. If some more movies come to my mind, I`ll name them. Lately I managed to watch more fim series, than movies. I`m curious what series you and the others like.

Latest posts

Back