First Post- "introduction"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asap_price

Reaction score
TL;DR: i am an incredibly isolated college student and internet addict

I always hated "introducing" myself

An honest overview of myself was always out of the question.

"hi im stephen. I spend pretty much all my time on a computer doing extensive resarch obsesively on things that I want to buy but can't afford because I don't have a job"

screw it though that'l do here i guess.

So i'm here at "a lonely life" because in the past few months i've hit rock bottom.

I currently have one friend. Unfortunately he lives on the other other side of the US. We don't actually talk, but occasionaly we'll shoot little facebook IMs at each other that don't ammount to an actual conversation. I've known him since elementary school.

Other than that I don't talk to anyone at all. Not even on the internet.

I'm a freshman at a prestigious top 40 engineering school. Had inattentive type ADD (the kind without hyperactivity) my whole life, developed chronic depression freshman year of high school, and recently was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder "not otherwise specified."

Initially (around orientation time) i was friends with my roommate and a couple people on the floor below. I would basically follow them to frat parties, but never made friends with any "brothers" and never got invites to parties.

There was one kid I actually liked (let's call him louis), but I just could not stand his group of friends. He was and is a pretty good guy and he has a good sense of humor, but his friends are JUST GODDAMN LOUD AS fresia, and incredibly UN FUNNY SAUCE HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. They're also collectively jam packed full of painfully forced "I'M SUCH A COLLEGE BRO" ******.

I put up with them, since they were really my only social option, but over time this unspoken aura of mutual distaste between us piled up and they soon excluded me from their drinking plans and eventually stopped letting me know when they were leaving for dinner.

There is essentially zero club activity on campus outside of sports, let alone clubs that welcome socially isolated randos, and I literally cant even venture as far as "the floor above me" without getting a "what are you doing here? We don't know you." So now it's just me in my dorm room on friday nights.

So that's me right now, don't really know what else to say. Hello a lonely life forums!

Hi Stephen welcome to the forum. My nephew graduated with a degree in chemical engineering he's now in grad school. What type of engineering are you majoring in?

Latest posts

Back