FOOTBALL

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Truth. Penalties are like a coin flip or playing "rock, paper, scissors."

Furthermore, it's not like winning a penalty round and advancing is really winning. It's more like a way of eliminating someone in the quickest way to keep the game from going on forever.

Case said:
^Truth. Penalties are like a coin flip or playing "rock, paper, scissors."

Furthermore, it's not like winning a penalty round and advancing is really winning. It's more like a way of eliminating someone in the quickest way to keep the game from going on forever.

spoils it although Brazil and Costa Rica deserved to win the games and are better teams than Chile or Greece.

Germany and France to win today ?

Penalties may be a flip of a coin but sure is nerve wrecking especially in a WC match.
Go Germany! Italy is gone so...

Boateng and Per are too slow. Good defenders but slow. This is going to be entertaining.
5-1 for Germany!

I meant you look like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. But nevermind, joke's already gone. Now I sound like him. I must stop watching the show...

^I admit to being quite surprised at the strength of Algeria's defense, but also the speed of their attacks when they get the ball.

thelonegamer said:
I meant you look like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. But nevermind, joke's already gone. Now I sound like him. I must stop watching the show...

As you are the only one to make this strange connection, I am inclined to strongly disagree.

Let's keep this thread about football, shall we?

Case said:
^I admit to being quite surprised at the strength of Algeria's defense, but also the speed of their attacks when they get the ball.

True. They did play well.
The last 10 mins was pretty intense.
It was a very good match, and im glad germany won.
Cant wait for Friday's match.

In America, ESPN's Keith Olbermann commented on today's World Cup results by saying this:

"It'll be France versus Germany...
Ohhh boy.

France vs Germany...
The American team has to come in at half-time...
We'll all be fine."

WWII-related World Cup humor. You gotta love it.

Belgium shall go through! My prediction ability says they will win by 3-0!
Sorry US fans! Europe all the way! :cool:

Belgium played better in the first half, but only slightly. Both teams failed to capitalize on offensive zone possession, and both teams defenses are clicking. Unless Belgium picks up the pace in the US zone, or we may be in for a very long match.

At this point, it's anyone's match.

Second half: Belgium controlling possession, but not able to finish. One wonders if Klinsmann told his US team to eat up the clock and wait for a defensive mistake from Belgium.

After 90+ minutes, I'm surprised that Belgium isn't ahead. So far, this is Tim Howard's best performance in his WC career. It'll be interesting to see how the teams play in extra time.

2-nil Belgium, and I'm calling it. Even with the second overtime period, I can't see Belgium losing this one.

Hang on. US goal. 2-1 It's getting interesting.

Great finish for the US, but not enough. Good for Belgium. They'll be defeated by Argentina, but time to celebrate now.

So far, I picked all but one winner in the Group of 16. I had Greece instead of Costa Rica. Oh well. 7 for 8 isn't bad.

Seems like a lot of matches end by 0-0 and then somehowscore enough goals in the aditional 30 mins

Latest posts

Back