FRENEMIES....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woundedbird

Reaction score
I'm lonely because it's hard for me to meet people. The two friends I have are very unreliable. We will make plans, they will know how important those plans are, and then break them the last minute. And then act like it's no big deal.

Frenemy Number One:
I have known a certain friend for years who will pull this passive/aggressive stunt in which for a while he'll be giantly nice, but then he will start digging at me, criticising me, what have you and then pull little disappearing acts when I need him the most. Then I will be silent with him but he ALWAYS worms his way back into my life just because he knows how lonely and vulnerable I am.
He always attributes his behavior to his "lack of money" but I know full well he can go to a library and type me for FREE if he wanted. He always says he'll change. And the cycle continues. I feel deep down he wants something more with me, know he can't have it, but loves being around me because it's safe. And that's the upside. It's comfortable for both of us. I don't dress up when I see him, he belches when he sees me. It's a very safe yet sick friendship.

How do I react?? I have finally decided enough is enough. I mean it this time. I have said it hundreds of times before but I finally realize he won't change. His promises are empty. The thing is though, my second friend who has his own issues (severely overweight, hate to say this but I am embarrassed to be seen with him, sorry but it's true; he will fall asleep in public with his mouth hanging open; he will also be unreliable at times) is going to be away til Dec. 4. My birthday is next week, and now that I have consciously kicked Frenemy #1 to the curb I feel intensely lonely.

I need friends on here willing to be my "sponsor" and help me kick this awful habit of allowing Frenemy #1 back in. Frenemy #2 isn't as bad, but as I said he has his issues.
A wise person once said it's better off to be in no relationship than a bad one. so Any sponsors? People willing to go to the chat room? PM me?
Please?

ive been there before. i regret my decision, as i moved and decided not to keep contact. now i cant... you shouldnt run from a problem, you should solve it. quitting isnt solving it. try working on boundaries. maybe be online friends or something, if you dont feel like being close in person. dont isolate though.

say anything - my friends.

i loved this song when i was going through this.

Maybe I didn't make this clear, but I have forgiven this person NUMEROUS times, he has claimed he would change and he NEVER does. He puts me through WAY more stress than joy-and I realize he's just taking me for granted.

I regret putting myself through another disappointment that this person will cause.

Thanks for your opinion though. I guess I've made my decision!

Latest posts

Back