Friday Nights - What do you do? What do you want to do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fridays are really uneventful.
I usually read a book, play a video game or come online. Nothing really exciting happens around here on a Friday.

Well my night is going to consist of watching soaps,drinking and going to bed.

It's Friday night again (18:38 here), and here I am again, posting on AlonelyLife.com. I blame no-one but myself for my present situation.

Thats a good view to have,Unfortunately I blame other people as well as myself.Mainly myself,but also other people for me being lonely.Guess I havent reached that humble blame nobody but yourself stage yet.

I'm starting to enjoy my Friday nights in. What is so great about getting drunk with a load of people you don't really like, only to spend Sunday night with a sore head and no memories.

i don't understand any of this man..
what's wround with making new friends..
i'd like to be social ! . lol , i don't mind staying home and watching movies, or playing on the interent.
don't you hate looking at pictures, of ppl you know.. of them laughing away having a good time? , while you were watching the itailon job ? .. this grinds my gears..
well good for them their having fun..
but i'd like to have funn too ! :(
i wanna laugh , and get a lil ' tipsy, with ppl my own age!!
it's hard to find love and friends watching t.v ,

luvsme said:
i don't understand any of this man..
what's wround with making new friends..
i'd like to be social ! . lol , i don't mind staying home and watching movies, or playing on the interent.
don't you hate looking at pictures, of ppl you know.. of them laughing away having a good time? , while you were watching the itailon job ? .. this grinds my gears..
well good for them their having fun..
but i'd like to have funn too ! :(
i wanna laugh , and get a lil ' tipsy, with ppl my own age!!
it's hard to find love and friends watching t.v ,

:(

Nyktimos said:
Sometimes, people who are so desperate to find someone don't realise you can be your loneliest when you've got someone you can't really relate to. When a relationship starts, it always seems the best thing in the world.

I can imagine how that feels. What I don't get is why people stay in those relationships. I guess it comes down to the question of what hurst worse - being with someone you don't relate to and aren't happy with, or being free to attract someone new who would relate to you, even if it may be a long wait? I guess they stay because they'd prefer to be with someone than no one at all. I don't know how these things work.

Someone's looking for someone and can't find him/her because so many are taken by someone they don't relate to or aren't happy with. Everyone's unhappy.

For the last three months, my Fridays had been amazing. I hadn't felt like this for anyone in a long time, although it had only been three months.

Now, I'm back to coming home and having depression take me over, hoping things will get better one day but knowing they probably won't.

My Friday nights vary. I might be working, or other times, I might be off. When I'm off, I either stay in my home city or I travel up North to see my friends. It really just varies. I might go to a club, bar, or the movies. I might just stay home by myself or with a few friends from my area. I actually prefer Saturday night as opposed to Friday. Saturday nights are usually less crowded, and I'm always off work on Sundays. I feel like I can do more on Saturday nights as opposed to Fridays.

friday.....it means that after 3 days i'll go at work. pathetic, ha ?
wonna be with my wife and kids, no i don't have them.....maybe my girlfriend...nope, i have no.....go out with friends....nope, definitely not an option, since my friends have some things to do unlike me. friday isn't special, but saturday is.....after cleaning up appartment i will go to the beach, completely alone but thats better than sitting at home.

What I do: Usually, I come home from work, Watch some tv or go on the internet, then go to bed. Exciting!

When it gets warmer, I will go walking and kayaking. It is harder to get motivation to kayak, after work, because it requires much more preparation than walking.

What I would like to do: More adventurous things like kayaking, etc. Bars and parties don't interest me. It would be nice if I had someone to do things with. My friend despises the outdoors :(

Saturday and Sunday are my fun days. I'm usually too pooped out from work Friday.

Fridays are like Sundays for me. Cleaning the apartment and doing laundry. Maybe watch a movie, and go to bed early since I usually work saturday mornings. If not, then maybe I'll have dinner at my parents home and watch a movie later ^^

Doesn't have to be more complicated than that

Listen… it may seem fabulous to go out and get drunk and hang out with tons of people, but to be completely honest, it’s not that great. You should be happy about the fact that you’re staying home and hanging out by yourself, doing something that isn’t stupid, and doing something that isn’t harmful to yourself, or others.
When I started college, I had a boyfriend and two best friends, soon I broke up with my boyfriend, one of my best friends dropped out of college, and I got into a huge fight with my other best friend. I soon decided to join a co-ed fraternity. At first things were great, they were amazing, actually. I started hanging out with all the people that I had met in the fraternity, we would drink every weekend, we would go to bars and watch movies and just screw around. Slowly though, their true personalities came out. They were backstabbing, cheating and lying people. I thought I could trust them, be friends with them, yet when I told them one thing…everyone would soon know it. People would talk honeysuckle about everyone, and no one actually liked anyone else. By the end of fall quarter my second year, I was on academic probation, and I realized every other person in my fraternity that had been hanging out with me, was also on academic probation. I also began to realize that all the good friendships I did have, were being broken and that I was losing people left and right in order to keep up my “social and fun” lifestyle. It just wasn’t worth it, at all. Ask yourself, have you ever seen those people that constantly go out and party and drink actually be successful? I’m sure you’re telling yourself no…
I’ve begun to realize that I personally don’t need that honeysuckle in my life, it causes more stress and drama than I would have ever wanted. I don’t know about you, and the people that you hang out with, or would like to hang out with…but it’s not nearly as glamorous as you think it is. One moment you find yourself in the group talking honeysuckle about everyone else, and the next you’re out of the group and everyone’s talking honeysuckle about you. Believe me, find one or two good friends and keep them with you, and they will never hurt you or make you feel bad.
I can’t stress enough how its not that glamorous to go out all the time, because despite being surrounded by tons of people, you’ll find yourself still lonely, and in addition, you’ll find yourself betrayed, hurt, and used.
So if you see people going out in huge groups getting wasted and shitfaced, be glad you’re not one of them – it’s not that great, believe me.

Two fridays ago was the first friday in my life I haven't done something with [what people like to call] friends.
& it was probably one of the better fridays of my life.

I used to be content with convincing myself of being happy.
But now, not having to, actually makes me happy.

I'm getting a bike (first bike since my barbie one) and I plan to go to the park on fridays. =]

SimizAkri said:
Two fridays ago was the first friday in my life I haven't done something with [what people like to call] friends.
& it was probably one of the better fridays of my life.

I used to be content with convincing myself of being happy.
But now, not having to, actually makes me happy.

I'm getting a bike (first bike since my barbie one) and I plan to go to the park on fridays. =]

Having never been out with friends on a Friday afternoon, I have always been somewhat jealous of people who did, believing that they had something that I could never have, that they belonged to some exclusive club, the likes of which I could never hope of entering. I spent many hours wondering what they did, what magnificent adventures they got up to, what sights they saw, what sounds they heard. Now, however, I am beginning to slowly see what they really are, and that they aren't all that interesting after all. That these Fridays in town are full of fake people with fake smiles, meaningless small-talk and alcohol. Toxins in the bloodstream.

Congratulations on the bike. :)

I am probably older than most of you on here but I can relate to that kind of feeling of seeing lots of people doing things and kind of envying them and wishing you had something more exciting to do.
If it is any consolation many times people, you later find out, really do not have such exciting things to do after all or even if they are doing all these wonderful things it may not be having as much fun as it may appear.
Sometimes just watching a good movie by yourself or with someone can be alot more fun anyway.
In answer to the question, I really don't do anything particularly special on Friday nights myself.

"Having never been out with friends on a Friday afternoon, I have always been somewhat jealous of people who did, believing that they had something that I could never have, that they belonged to some exclusive club, the likes of which I could never hope of entering. I spent many hours wondering what they did, what magnificent adventures they got up to, what sights they saw, what sounds they heard. Now, however, I am beginning to slowly see what they really are, and that they aren't all that interesting after all. That these Fridays in town are full of fake people with fake smiles, meaningless small-talk and alcohol. Toxins in the bloodstream."

I can't agree with you more. And its great to know that other people view it this way as well

Latest posts

Back