Friendly people wanted

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tal

Reaction score
Hey, I've been feeling very lonely lately and could do with some people to talk to. My attempts at making friends or getting the attention of girls seem to constantly get rebuffed thus I'm rather down, so it would be good to talk to people who aren't gonna give up on me after one or two messages.

I'd especially like to meet people with some similar interests.
- sci-fi/fantasy - writing, world building, movies, books, etc
- history, especially the medieval and classical periods
- power metal, pagan/folk metal, melodic death metal, neo-medieval music and epic orchestral soundtracks
- an interest in learning latin, old norse or old english

or lonely people with a similar personality and sense of humour (which I can't possibly describe here). lol

Holy crap, I hit 4 out of 4.

Avid scifi movie watcher/book reader. Check.

History teacher (soon), fav period is dark-to-middle ages (as well as modern warfare). Check.

Medieval-sounding music & repro medieval music (Look up the Hilliard Ensemble...they rock!). Check.

Halfway decent understanding of basic Latin. Check.

So what's up, Tal? Do you write? :)

----Steve

salve Badjedidude! (about as much Latin as I'll try on a web forum at the moment lol)

4 out of 4...not bad! Grade A! lol

I had a listen to Hilliard Ensemble...they're not too bad, but I prefer something a bit faster (though probably less authentic) such as corvus corax, stary olsa, cultus ferox, saltatio mortis and schelmish.

I don't actually write much...I've been intending to write for several years now, but I never get around to more than a few practice lines here and there. I'm still in the planning phase tb and I keep changing my mind about things. lol

A teacher? Scary stuff, but rewarding I'm sure. lol They don't teach medieval history much in school over here...which is a shame given its such an interesting period. As a result, most English people's knowledge of 1000 years of history amounts to one poxy battle near Hastings in which we lost. lol

Haha ^_^ well, there isn't much medieval history taught here, either...which is one large reason that I want to teach it. It's sad, but a lot of people in the U.S. would only be able to tell you that there were "kings and knights and stuff" during the middle ages. *rolls eyes*

Ooh, I'm definitely gonna check out those groups (songs) you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up.

----Steve

Latest posts

Back