Friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factotum

Reaction score
i had this one last friend left in my life in my home state. we used to go to the bar and get drunk until 2 weeks ago. he had started avoiding me over the last month or so. you know, not returning my calls, not replying to sms'es (which is shitty way of communicating but still .....) or just very late replies. anyway he has been completely avoiding me over the last 2 weeks. stopped picking up the phone. only sending sms'es. never keeping appointments and never informing me that he cannot make it. he's been talking about moving up in life. and getting better at his job and becoming a bigwig in society.

its a pretty shitty situation. he is like my last friend in my home state. and he's a really nice guy too. it sucks i guess.

he's not a really nice guy.

he's an *******.

nice guys don't drop their "friends" to "move up" in life.

give me a break.

i remember these games.

don't miss them a bit.

seriously forget the guy.

i also used to consider people i got "drunk" (and "high") with to be "friends".

Hi Factotum. It's good to meet you through this thread.:)

I'm sorry to hear that your hurt. These days, true friend's are a dying breed. Frito is correct. I too had "Friends" that I used to drink with and get stoned with. When I kicked, they all magically disappeared. Even if you and this so called "Friend" don't get drunk and high together, what he is doing to you is appalling and hateful.

People like that should be shot and pissed on. Don't let this crush you or make you bitter. Just be careful who you call a friend these days.

Sounds like he's just trying to figure himself out and wants some alone time to do so. However, him ignoring you or avoiding you a great deal is kinda of crappy without letting you know why. If he's really wanting to ditch you, well.. he is probably making a mistake and may realize this later. Just lay low for a bit and see what happens. He might start to wonder why you aren't sending him texts or phone calls as much anymore and snap out of it.

Is it possible that he stopped drinking/wants to stop and that's why he hasn't responded? Just a thought since you said that's what you guys would do. Hopefully it's nothing big.

Frito Bandito said:

BINGO!

Sounds like he is dropping you because he wants a new circle of friends while he "moves up" in society.

It's sort of an insult to you, but it appears he wishes to spare your feelings by not telling you this directly. Sometimes silence means "I don't want to talk to you for some reason, but to tell you would be to hurt your feelings and I don't wish to do this, so I won't talk at all."

LoneKiller said:
People like that should be shot and pissed on.

Uhm...

I think that's a bit of an extreme to wish upon a person who did this, though I think you are speaking metaphorically, right? Like when someone says "they should all go to ******* hell!" They don't mean literally, but it has similar implications of ill-wishing upon them.

Felix said:
yeah "friends"... this world is full of it.

But since it is so hard to find a true friend, won't we cherish the true ones more for their rareity?

If diamonds were common, would we value them as much? No. But when we do find them, we wrap them in pretty boxes and clean them, and keep them in a safe place. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Frito Bandito said:

BINGO!

Sounds like he is dropping you because he wants a new circle of friends while he "moves up" in society.

It's sort of an insult to you, but it appears he wishes to spare your feelings by not telling you this directly. Sometimes silence means "I don't want to talk to you for some reason, but to tell you would be to hurt your feelings and I don't wish to do this, so I won't talk at all."

LoneKiller said:
People like that should be shot and pissed on.

Uhm...

I think that's a bit of an extreme to wish upon a person who did this, though I think you are speaking metaphorically, right? Like when someone says "they should all go to ******* hell!" They don't mean literally, but it has similar implications of ill-wishing upon them.

Felix said:
yeah "friends"... this world is full of it.

But since it is so hard to find a true friend, won't we cherish the true ones more for their rareity?

If diamonds were common, would we value them as much? No. But when we do find them, we wrap them in pretty boxes and clean them, and keep them in a safe place. :)

Well, the thing is that I've experienced that kind of betrayal in my life and it really hurts.

I went through the samething. It's a terrible feeling but just leave it alone for a bit. Stop calling and texting. These things never work out well it's a very selfish thing to do they don't think about your feelings. How you feel about the situation just themselves. Just give him some time

I just think of all the awesome people there ARE in the world, and then one rejection doesn't seem so bad. *hug*

SophiaGrace said:
I just think of all the awesome people there ARE in the world, and then one rejection doesn't seem so bad. *hug*

Rejection sucks especially when it comes from a best friend and when there's no reason for them even to be mad. It's hard to replace a best friend it's even harder when you have a hard time getting close and opening up to people.

Mikey193 said:
SophiaGrace said:

Rejection sucks especially when it comes from a best friend and when there's no reason for them even to be mad. It's hard to replace a best friend it's even harder when you have a hard time getting close and opening up to people.

yeah it's not easy finding a real, true, loyal, friend but when you do, hold onto them and cherish them.

well, i think its confirmed. he doesnt even call me anymore. which is very unlike him. this really sucks. but i guess i better let him go if he does not want to hang out with me anymore.

Hi Factotum, My situation is similar to yours. I had two friends. They just moved over to my enemies. Now I got no one.

lonely_aryan said:
Hi Factotum, My situation is similar to yours. I had two friends. They just moved over to my enemies. Now I got no one.

sorry to hear that, lonely_aryan. i know how it feels. i just try to immerse myself in literature and movies to keep me occupied. sometimes it does get to me, but i just try to avoid the negative thoughts.

i met him this weekend. it was allright. had a good talk. but i could tell something was missing. he has stopped drinking, which i guess means that he is taking a new path. its allright. he's a winner i guess.

Latest posts

Back