Gaslighting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of the term. But I know what that is. Thankfully it's never been done to me. Although I have always been the wrong one in a relationship. I've even been the one saying sorry when someone else has done something wrong, just to sort things out, lol.

I've seen this happen to a girl before, and she was the victim of various other kinds of bullying as well.
One of the major regrets in my life is not doing more to help her when I still could.

Sigma said:
I've seen this happen to a girl before, and she was the victim of various other kinds of bullying as well.
One of the major regrets in my life is not doing more to help her when I still could.

:(

Sometimes, I feel this way with certain people. Heck, I feel it with my own family too, I could do something, but I really can't. So it's worse when you know about what you can do, but you can't do it.

There comes a point in time when you just have to stop beating yourself up about things, and accept that certain things in life just happen for a reason.

I relate to a lot of those things, or at least used to at certain times in my life. I don't think I was being deliberately "gaslighted" though - was just an insecure shitbag with illogical guilt issues, ocd, depression etc. And have been in some rather unhealthy relationships at the same time.

A lot of gaslighters wont even realise they're doing it. The ones that are aware of it, well, they're horrid little psychopaths. Why might someone do this unintentionally? Perhaps they are the ones who love too much and appoint themselves with phoney "I'm nice" titles.

Jeeze people are weird.

Interesting, I've definitely known about this sort of thing but had no idea that it had a proper name for it. Something to look out for in the future... Now that I know what to look out for, I know what to do to fix it.

Thanks for this.

Latest posts

Back