Give a random piece of advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always take responsibility for your actions and words, no matter in what state of mind you offered them. Emotional distress is an explanation, not an excuse.

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Never expect people to appreciate what you do for them.

But know that a lot of people do.

Indeed, there is always someone who appreciate the deeds though few won't express out of fear or some other deep feeelings.

Rodent said:
Always take responsibility for your actions and words, no matter in what state of mind you offered them. Emotional distress is an explanation, not an excuse.

Take responsibility even when it's not one's fault.

PenDragon said:
Rodent said:

No. Everyone's responsible for himself first and it's nobody's job to take the fall for other people's mistakes.

Rodent said:
PenDragon said:
Rodent said:

No. Everyone's responsible for himself first and it's nobody's job to take the fall for other people's mistakes.

But Rodent, If everyone keep doing that then world won't be a better place to live, someone has to make sacrifices so others can live well.

PenDragon said:
But Rodent, If everyone keep doing that then world won't be a better place to live, someone has to make sacrifices so others can live well.

Making sacrifices and simply doing the right thing is something completely different to taking responsibility for actions which are not your own. You answer for your own conscience - not the conscience of others.

The world doesn't need "heroes" that take the blame solely because others reject their responsibility. Nobody learns or grows that way.

Rodent said:
PenDragon said:

Making sacrifices and simply doing the right thing is something completely different to taking responsibility for actions which are not your own. You answer for your own conscience - not the conscience of others.

The world doesn't need "heroes" that take the blame solely because others reject their responsibility. Nobody learns or grows that way.

And conscience is prodct of your thoughts, hmm. For example forgiveness, Is that sacrifice or something else?

And about "heroes" It solely depend from the source you are looking at. We see "heroes" everywhere, for some it is their mother, father, son, daughter, sister, brother, girlfriend, boyfriend, friends, best friends I can name many more, they are everywhere. giving us hope and strength when ever we need sometimes little late. There are times when they really need someone to guide them. and are few who do it on their own and they are self heroes barely someone remembers them but Heroes nonetheless.

I mean everyone need one, whether from outside source or from inside.

PenDragon said:
Rodent said:
PenDragon said:

And conscience is prodct of your thoughts, hmm. For example forgiveness, Is that sacrifice or something else?

And about "heroes" It solely depend from the source you are looking at. We see "heroes" everywhere, for some it is their mother, father, son, daughter, sister, brother, girlfriend, boyfriend, friends, best friends I can name many more, they are everywhere. giving us hope and strength when ever we need sometimes little late. There are times when they really need someone to guide them. and are few who do it on their own and they are self heroes barely someone remembers them but Heroes nonetheless.

I mean everyone need one, whether from outside source or from inside.

You miss the point and overshoot the mark completely. I won't debate about everyday heroes here cause that's completely beside the point.

Where do you come up with forgiveness in this? You forgive because you think it's the right thing to do. But forgiving and taking the fall for another person's mistake at the same time is worst course of action you can take for yourself.

Surely you can provide guidance, but that doesn't mean you take responsibility for something you didn't do. You direct another person to the right path so he can take responsibility for himself. Whether they take the directions is up to them. That's how you make people learn their lesson and become responsible adults.

This is how I see it and what I was talking about all along. Take what you want from it.

That's the point, taking fall of other people and letting them have it their life, wouldn't that be sacrifice or mere selfish act? Hmm.

I find it does more harm than good. It's a greater kindness I think, if handled correctly, to allow people to handle their items themselves. It allows for growth in so many ways, independence and maturity for example.

My random piece of advice..... don't be afraid to let go.

Random Piece of Advice:

We don't need to comment on everything.

I don't mean to say that people need to shut up, or anything aggressive like that. I am not directing it against anyone on here. I mean it more like, in the age of the Internet and social media, it's easy to get caught up in commenting on any and every little thing that you might see. Because it's so easy to comment, you might find that you've spent hours of your day reading about and commenting on things that you don't really have an opinion on because you don't really care about it. But then you commented, and then someone else might have an opposing opinion and they might express it poorly. And before you know it, you are choosing to spend your limited free time that you could be doing anything else with arguing with a stranger on the Internet whose opinion you don't care about, on a topic that you might not really care about to begin with, for nothing more than the satisfaction of having not backed down. I know I've done this many times in the past - here, on Facebook, on YouTube, all over.

I'm trying to get into the habit of being more conscious of what I say online. I ask myself "Do I really need to say anything about this? Do I really have an opinion about it?" Then if I do, I feel I should only either ask a question, offer advice, or offer a compliment.

Don't wait around for the big things to make you happy. Find joy in the small things.

MissGuided said:
Never cook bacon while naked.

Don't let nameless faces on the internet tell you what you can and can't do naked XD

Stoplights are the perfect time to get some reading done. Don't worry, the nice strangers behind you will let you know when it's time to go again

After a poop the best way to know you're done wiping is when there's more paper than water

The social convention is that you should shower daily, you don't necessarily have to use soap all the time. And sometimes it's nice to just feel the water drip while your skin curdles like a 90 year old with flesh cancer.

There are three reasons to watch the news: to stay informed, to stay afraid, and because you don't have enough money for fetish videos

When you visit a big city, it is fun to try and make extendes eye contact with strangers. If you do this with enough people you'll win a prize.

Always bring a ruler to the men's room, so you know how you size up at all times.

Even if you're not gay, every so often it's good to save links to gay erotica on the family computer, just to keep them guessing...

The most efficient way to learn how to use power tools is while blindfolded.

^Those are great.

There's a fine line between being tan and looking like you just rolled in a bag of Doritos.

Before you date a girl with a mental illness, remember: saying, “you’re beautiful” won’t balance the chemicals in her brain.

And don’t ******* say, “I’ll be here for you, no matter what,” if you don’t mean it.

Don’t think you’re fixing her by saying, “I love you.” Because you’re not.

Especially the bolded part...

~ It's impossible to say, 'I wasn't talking to you', politely.

~ If you can't afford condoms, you can't afford kids.

Latest posts

Back