God Knows Where I Am

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecondStarTotheRight

Semi-Eccentric Recluse
Reaction score
This haunts me. After seeing it only a few years ago, it's still a reminder of profound isolation, defiance, loneliness, mental illness.

I just wish someone knew. A neighbour. Someone that would have given her the space she needed, allowed her freedom, let her be - but also put bread and meat and water and vitamins on the porch with a note of kind words. Blankets. More kind words, an invite for a chat. I don't know. It's frustrating and harrowing and heartbreaking, but I also get why she did it that way.

I love apples. This made me appreciate them more. Each and every single one.

I stay far from depressing movies if I can help it, but I'm fascinated by true loners, however they come about being that way. She was an extrovert, making it more unusual.

And something, someone, could have helped. If only they knew.

The small leaking heat, the apples, the numbers in the clouds.... all things that made it a more unique situation.
It would be sad to me if she hadn't left a story behind. It's also interesting how long delusions, like hope, can keep someone alive.
But the apples... that really got to me. Made me appreciate them even more.
🍎

I stay far from depressing movies if I can help it, but I'm fascinated by true loners, however they come about being that way. She was an extrovert, making it more unusual.

And something, someone, could have helped. If only they knew.

The small leaking heat, the apples, the numbers in the clouds.... all things that made it a more unique situation.
It would be sad to me if she hadn't left a story behind. It's also interesting how long delusions, like hope, can keep someone alive.
But the apples... that really got to me. Made me appreciate them even more.
🍎
Same Here. I'm not too far from becoming one myself. As of now I don't really want to speak with anybody and I do my best to stay clear of them. I have thought many times about just heading out into a forest area and setting up shop. But, my problem is that I like to have plenty of food and water. It's also nice to have some other minor luxuries. The Internet is great too. So, maybe I should buy a tract of forest across from a Walmart or something. Ha! ha! Then a worker could put my items into a cart and leave it at the edge of my property for me to get when nobody is looking. But, then there would be neighbors. Blaaaaaaa. But, yep, it is fascinating how extreme some people get.

First of all, thank you again for sharing this. As far as documentaries go, it was a refreshing change for me. A very well put together story.

I am absolutely heartbroken for Linda. Her level of mental illness is something I haven't even come close to experiencing in others, but life really did fail her.

I really hope that her daughter And sister have been able to heal some. I can't even begin to imagine.

I'm glad you gave it a chance. It's so haunting, but in a way I find it inspiring, strangely, if nothing else - in an effort to be more aware.
I thought Lori Singer did such a beautiful job narrating.

Latest posts

Back