Good job, great abilities, girlfriend; so why do I feel empty?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeekingAdvice

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope you are well and thanks for reading this. I'm pretty much going balls out on this because I don't really know what else to do with it!! I have a good job that I'm performing well in, a girlfriend, and am able to turn my hand at most things, but at the moment I feel very lonely, slightly paranoid, lack motivation, self esteem, confidence and spark!! I used to be a bit of a socialite and was often introduced as the funny, good looking one, but now I feel increasingly down and cut off from everything. I'm also getting quick to anger at people! I seem to be doing okay really as I'm good at just cracking on however I feel, but I really want to be happy again. Has anyone else felt a similar way at a time of their life that they shouldn't do? It's not that I'm not grateful for what I have and recognise that I have it better than many, but I do want to get rid of this inexplained feeling of unhappiness. It does affect me and I'm getting increasingly less social. I feel trapped behind a glass wall of under-confidence which holds me back from being really what I could be!! Is it depression? Is it something else? Just hearing from someone who may feel similar will help me I think!

And if I can ever do anything to help you, please just ask. Even if it's for a beer and chat if you fancy that!!

Thank you and good luck,
Phil

What do you think is your goal in life? Do you think you're getting to it?

A lack of a sense of purpose often causes people to be extremely unhappy, even when they seem to be otherwise satiated.

Reading the title of this thread my instant answer before even reading your post is exactly what IgnoredOne said.

IgnoredOne has it.

For me, what helps is to sorta simplify your life. Stop thinking of life as a system of jobs and expectations. If you just ask yourself what you want to do and do it first, then try to make it fit into a job / living system later, you might find happiness.

Latest posts

Back