Got kicked out.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VideoVidiVisum

Reaction score
I really just need to vent this.... I'm a good kid, I'm very involved in Narcotics Anonymous and do tons of service work, I have 2 1/2 years in the program and since I stopped my self mutilation and started trying to better my outlook and my life. I only associate with people either in NA (most of whom are my father's friends) or with people from church activities, or people from here. I am not out selling myself on the streets, I've been paying for my own EVERYTHING except phone bill ($40 monthly) for several years. So what happens when I let my father know I'm trying to get off his plan and pay for my own phone bill so he won't have to worry about it? "Great. I'm shutting it off on Friday, and putting locks on the doors, too!"

Awesome Dad. Really appreciate it.

Thank God for my amazing bosses (Danae and John) who took me in immediately, and Danae's brother Jared (my close friend) who is adding me to his phone plan.

Sorry to hear that your dad can't find it within himself to be happy for your progress and independence

The fresia? He kicked you out for...being independent? Yeah, you're a bad, bad girl. (d) Hope everything turns out okay.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
The fresia? He kicked you out for...being independent? Yeah, you're a bad, bad girl. (d) Hope everything turns out okay.

Unfortunately, I believe the man is quite literally messed up.

He sounds very controlling, I'm sorry. I know what it's like having a controlling father.

I'm glad that you have supportive people in your life.

VideoVidiVisum said:
IgnoredOne said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:

he's been an ass the last couple years.....

Okay, forgive me if I'm overstepping here, but you said "HIS" NA friends... is he perhaps jealous because you are doing so well?

Good luck, I'm sure you'll figure everything out (hug)

Even without the back story, that's a little confusing. He's mad that you want to pay your own phone bill? I can imagine myself saying, "Fine. Pay for my phone. Wanna pay for anything else for me? I'm sure I could run up your credit card at the mall, if you want."

Callie said:
VideoVidiVisum said:
IgnoredOne said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:

he's been an ass the last couple years.....

Okay, forgive me if I'm overstepping here, but you said "HIS" NA friends... is he perhaps jealous because you are doing so well?

Good luck, I'm sure you'll figure everything out (hug)
well the only reason he's "friends" with them is because he has 8 years so he's been around. and a great reason they're better friends with me now is because he quit going to almost all the meetings and never does any service work or really do anything other than mope about feeling sorry for himself and talking down to me...

Doubt The Rabbit said:
^^^ I am Doubt The Rabbit and I approve this comment.
ily Doubt <3 lol

what an *******.

you'll be better off outside of that environment.

stay strong.

you've got moxie!

WTF?... You know most parents would be glad that their kid is learning independence and support them. But I guess he likes the feeling of someone being dependent of him.

Anyway, at least you're out of that situation.

Anyway while this thread is up, do you mind paying my phone bill too? See how I support your desire for independence? Not only am I supporting your desire to pay your phone bill, but I'm going that extra mile and letting you pay mine as well. What a great deal!

Latest posts

Back