Greetings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicpsyche

Reaction score
I am a 26-year-old female graduate student in science, wanting to improve tools for understanding the physical basis of the mind, living in west coast Canada for the last 3.5+ years. I was born and raised in Quebec before that.

If I could wish one thing, it is that sharing myself with others in this forum will help me feel safe expressing myself with the people in my work and personal life. As I get better at it, my dream is to spend time volunteering in labs in different areas of Europe. I think after that I would be open to any good work opportunity. I am interested in working in parts of the world I am less familiar with too, like India, where the man I love is from, but alas, I don't know when we will ever be together. My life is filled with divine wonder ever since he came into my life, but it might be a very long time still before we can really be together. Every day I try to keep stable against opposing temptations to have it now or give it up completely (equally true of work & love). If I gave in, in any way, I know for certain that I would lose it all anyway, because he wouldn't want to be with me unless I succeed in completing the work I have been pouring my heart in to.

I believe I am already moving in the right direction already, feeling happy as I am becoming aware of myself and resolving deep emotional issues. I am building up the leg power to make huge leaps, and I hope you don't mind coming across me falling down sometimes as I experiment with jumping off. I welcome critical feedback. But as I already said in another post, I would like it if no apologizing went from any side. Just direct, open paths of communication.

Tata, on to next thought. I must sleep now.
My heart is true and I hear everything it is saying. I move with it's rhythm

Welcome cosmicpsyche

cosmicpsyche said:
If I could wish one thing, it is that sharing myself with others in this forum will help me feel safe expressing myself with the people in my work and personal life. As I get better at it, my dream is to spend time volunteering in labs in different areas of Europe. I think after that I would be open to any good work opportunity.

That sounds like a great wish!

cosmicpsyche said:
I am interested in working in parts of the world I am less familiar with too, like India, where the man I love is from, but alas, I don't know when we will ever be together. My life is filled with divine wonder ever since he came into my life, but it might be a very long time still before we can really be together. Every day I try to keep stable against opposing temptations to have it now or give it up completely (equally true of work & love). If I gave in, in any way, I know for certain that I would lose it all anyway, because he wouldn't want to be with me unless I succeed in completing the work I have been pouring my heart in to.

If he loves you then that shouldn't matter. But I can understand wanting to finish what you started. Especially something so worthwhile.

Hey Cosmicpsyche welcome to the forum :D

wow so you've been studying psychiatry? that sounds really interesting. I'm also pretty interested in the field of the mind and what drives it, but i obviously haven't had as much eduaction in that field as you have right now i'm just in the 2nd trimester of my AP psyche class. I'm thinking of doing more college. But i really like it. I'd love to hear more about your studies sometimes

:)

and ya i know what you mean i'm ussally pretty good about being optimistic and cheerful, either a smilie in joy or just determined denial. But i'm not immune to breakdowns, and those days when you can bearly stand the feeling. I've got maybe one or two breakdown posts scattered somewhere in the forum over this past.

but anyways welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy your stay

:)

Hello, you sound like a very intelligent and friendly person... Nice to meet you.

all the replies are like music to my soul
i used to be very hard and closed toward every person
now i realize that i am not an island - i know my life is entwined with everyone else
this forum is a safe place to start this journey of realizing my interconnection with the 'universal organism' or the universe itself, with so many like-minded and wise spirits to offer support as it is needed
if it were easy, everyone would have already joined this place
thank you to all the members here, for being strong survivors and sharing themselves here
you are the salt

to numerous enlightening discussions
at this time, you make a tremendous impact on the course of my life

Hey Cosmicpsyche :)
You said he'll leave you if you fail ? that's not right. Apart from me only one other person mentioned that.

Latest posts

Back