Happiness Economics

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradiddle

Reaction score
I stumbled upon an interesting wiki: Happiness Economics

World_happiness.png

I think lonliness and happiness are pretty closely related, so maybe you're just living in the wrong country. Then again this could be very imprecise as it could not account for all the tons of factors that might affect a specific person's happiness.

I would not have expected America to be on top with all our social problems. I imagined South America to be a happier place as well, but I guess the turmoil of 3rd world countries is on a whole different level. I can see how Russia with its hugeness, coldness, overall sparseness, and history of deranged, miserable writers.[/php] Dostoevsky anyone?

Ha its intersting that ireland (republic) is more happy than ireland (northern).

Also I am a little surprised, but when i think about it, pesonally it is accurate. I may feel lonely but there is a lot of beautiful things that happen in my life that make me happy (if only i had someone to share them with).

hah i like how scaninavia is really happy

being so north one would expect people to have a lot of seasonal affective disorders (cleverly accronymed as sad :( )

must be a good place, i mean with all of the death metal and dramtic bands from there

well maybe they took the syrvey during the summer

of course surveys are rarely spot on

i think i saw another similar map and america was somewhat happy but not at the top

one hypothosis i have devoloped on social lonielenss,

becuase i remember people here sometimes taking about moving from a very small, very close knit village or country moving to like ney york city, where there are tons of people but they felt very lonely

like people in regards to economics

the idea of supply and demand can go along here,

in a place like NYC there are so many people the idea of trying to get to know everyone you see is absurd, so you ignore people on the street and pay them no heed, Becuase there are so many people the individual becomes less valuable

like if you and one other person are stranded in the middle of nowhere like in Alask's tundra, regardless of who they are, you 2 got to find a way put, and they're all you got you 2 are gonna get to be pretty close. a random person on the street with hundreds of others not so much.

in a small school, or city if you got a problem with a friend your gonn work to try and fix it, cuz one your gonna like see them all the time, and if you lose themn as like a good friend or best friend, there are so little people it's gonna be hard to find a replacement best freind, but now there are so many people everywhere, screw them i can find a new best friend the mindset is. Happy well of socially people don't really just have one really close or one best friend, they've got like 4-5 or even more of them, so if you suddenly don't get along or don't like your best fiend, ditch them you've still got 4 more

and that best friend, well maybe they'll be lucky and have 4 other best friends still

or heh they're screwed :(

do you guys get what i'm saying?

If this is a response to my latest post, then there is a lot to contradict this. I read that the happiest countries in the world in terms of "subjective well-being" are:

1. Nigeria
2. Mexico
3. Venezuela
4. El Salvador
5. Puerto Rico

Latest posts

Back