Harsh Reality...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic fale boy

Reaction score
I remembered I had ice-cream in the freezer just as an old repeat of Friends started on TV, which all adds up to a total SCORE.

And as Monica and Chandler finished the show with bickering like a proper couple (they make such a great couple too) and I was sat there lmaoing away, a sudden pang of heartache pierced the amusement. If you ignore that it's a sit-commy stylised representation, it's that sort of cliched, everyday, average, normal, beautiful, genuine relationship that I would die for.

And then... then it hit me that it's not possible. I'm not the sort of person who can find that, and even if I did there's a big fat ZERO chance of maintaining it. There's too many issues, too much of my psychology has been broken through the years, too few reserves of mental and emotional strength, not enough pieces left to build that sort of person, for that sort of life.

It's not a fun realisation, even though it hits on a pretty regular basis. It hurts bad enough to dream of that sort of thing coming true, it's another thing entirely to know that if it came true it'd actually be worse.

/self-pitying whinge.

:club:

Epic--I don't know your whole history but I do know of a few folks in my own world who have faced extraordinary circumstances and pasts and have, albeit with some real creativity at times, managed to gain a sense of connectedness and fulfillment. Life has taught me that as long as a person can breathe they can hope and acquire the things they hope for. You might have to reconfigure a few dreams but creativity and a will to succeed are a pretty powerful team. [[[[[epic]]]]]

Don't give up man, its out there. Have you ever seen someone at one of the weirdest places, like lets say a carnival, and be like, **** they have some issues. Next thing you know, their husband or wife comes up and gives them a kiss, and they walk away. I've also met absolutely beautiful smart people who you would almost bet have great relationships, but then you learn that they have never been in one, or the one they are in really sucks. I have this big problem with thinking the grass is always greener on the other side. At only 28, I have done nothing but learn that it is never greener. If you need to seek help, then do so, but don't be that old lonely guy in 20 years because you gave up.

i feel the same way, i don't even know how to function in a 'regular' relationship anymore. not fully anyway. i don't know if i ever will. i am going to force myself to make friends tho, somehow i have to find some real true friends. that would be good enough for me.

i really hope you will be ok

thanks for the support nina and here-i-am...

and csmswhs - that sums it up for me too (apart from the forcing myself to make friends, i just gave up on all that... sad but true). thanks for the hope tho'.

here-I-am--Your words are so true. I know a lot of folks who "seem" to be living the almost perfect existence. But once you get to see and know them beyond their possessions and the masks they wear, there is pure pain. The outside appearences are sometimes just the pretty and pricey wrapping paper around the misery within. I could write a book on this topic....

Epic--Cheers to your new day as well...

Harsh Reality is the best destination for artists and writers to show their stuff and get ideas for new work.It's so sad that reality contradicts the dark cloud you want to spin around the silver lining of an economic recovery.

hipertogbog said:
Harsh Reality is the best destination for artists and writers to show their stuff and get ideas for new work.It's so sad that reality contradicts the dark cloud you want to spin around the silver lining of an economic recovery.

lmao, that one was so idiotic that I can't even think of anything to say back. :p lol

Where's the SPAM?!

Sorry about that.
rofl.gif

It was a good post even if it didn't have an applauded leg, a male wife and two girlfriends.

The Harsh Reality he was talking about was a myspace quote about a web site by that name and how that got into the economy was either a work of art or a total lack of caring what he said.

Latest posts

Back