has anyone else ever wondered...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somewhatlonely

Reaction score
considering that there are probably a lot of other lonely people in your city just like yourself, it would make sense if you all just got together and hung out so then everyone wouldn't be so lonely anymore?

you would all be in the same position, so there wouldn't be any insecurities about your current situation.

http://www.alonelylife.com/images/smilies/club.gif

yeah ...sure
So we can all have an orgy to make up for lost time.

And break in the virgins...they'll be happy, finally.lol

The problem is finding all of these lonely people. I think that most of us probably put on a mask to hide our loneliness because we fear being judged negatively by others because of it. Occasionally when I have let someone see inside to how I really feel, they have been amazed that I feel so lonely and empty. Letting down your defences can be frightening.

Not everyone's situation are the same.

I dont really feel lonely. I do go out and hang out with friends.
Heck I even a sort of gf...Im not insecured about my current life's situation.
I dont like the way it's headed in or been going lately. bascailly i just
got out of a relationship with someone i love very very much.

it's just not one particular thing..but yet it is.
Im having to pick up the pieces...which takes time.
I need to rebuild my life again...but Im not sure what directions
so that i may set long terms goals. which cause me to feel my life lacks
purpose or luster...for a lack of a better word...everything feels retarded to me.
Because I feel I cant define the meaning of love as Ive thought i had.
And Im not incline to let others define that for me either.

Going to bars and running around with my sort of gf is kind da like just killing time.
But i also know I must live and not miss out on life or isolate.
I dont think what i am doing is a sin or unhealthy. it's just, it's not who i wanna
do it with at the core of my heart.

I havnt been in a party mood lately. So that's why Im logged on more offen.
Usually I log on with my cell phone anyways...so Im not always at home
sitting alone when I do log on here.

Just trying to sort somethings out at the moment really...becuase my
perception on life changes as I heal from the broken relationship.

hahahaha nice username : )
Well, I think its not just about meeting up, the meeting has to be worthwile too, if they all meetup and none of them is socially outgoing then it'll be bad. Might even reinforce misery. I think if someone is lonely it might mean they're not socially outgoing, and that is a problem (unless they enjoy loneliness), and the solution is to work on it.

Such a place you want sounds pretty much alike this one.. Would've been great with a real world equivalent to all. I like how supportive everyone here is.

I think lonely people getting together is a brilliant idea. Not sure how it would work, all those socially inept people taking frightened glances over their wine glass rims hoping not to meet another scared embarrassed stare back, desperately trying to think of something interesting or witty to say.

Of course someone will have the wonderful idea of a party game so we can all get to know each other.
Still sounds good, its just making it work.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
We need a meetup group for this.

You mean like meetup.com? I've seen groups like this on there, you just have to look for them.

Also, for a lot of us, there are issues preventing us from interacting with people in real life...social anxiety, self-consciousness, etc etc. Whether people feel the same way or not wouldn't really change anything in that respect, in my opinion.

Callie said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
We need a meetup group for this.

You mean like meetup.com? I've seen groups like this on there, you just have to look for them.

Also, for a lot of us, there are issues preventing us from interacting with people in real life...social anxiety, self-consciousness, etc etc. Whether people feel the same way or not wouldn't really change anything in that respect, in my opinion.

Yeah, that's why I don't go to many meetup groups on that site. Because of anxiety, and fear of social awkwardness.

I'm getting better, but that's how I felt for the longest time. I even missed my favorite band, Genesis, live the only time I could have ever seen them...because I was agoraphobic and couldn't leave my house.

It sounds nice in a ideal sort of way, but, as for me i could not go to such a thing, it would be too frightening

fox said:
It sounds nice in a ideal sort of way, but, as for me i could not go to such a thing, it would be too frightening

Same here.

If I am "messed up", as one poster nicely put it, I would be too afraid to hear it from other people at a social event like this.

Seriously.....you shouldnt take yourself or other people too seriously.

One of those mental blueprints in early childhood when you're brain was
developing. Even though i didnt attend daycare when i was 3-5.
The way I was raise or the society I grew up in was more family centered.
My grandmother had grips of land that she gave to all 9 of her children.
Which all built houses on and had thier family. It was bascailly a family village.
I simply had lots of friend or other children my age to interact with as
a child...they just happened to be my cousins. So I adapt well in social
situations without too much effort as an adult.

On the flip side...having been around people most of my life...
If I dont have people around me....I dont do very well or flip out.

Another factor that plays a role of why Im able to make friends or meet new people
more at ease than other. ..My parents were going throgh a divorce...So I had to move
around a bit for several years between 5-8. Attending different schools all the time.
I simply had to learn how to make new friends really fast, at a young age.

If i was going to look at my history or my past to understand myself better
and not write everything off as a disorder....

I am able to make friends, but I DO have anxiety.

I almost fainted at my mom's graduation (she got a degree in phlebotomy.) My sister actually had to hold me up, and slap my face. That's love.

You know what is not love? Judging people for having anxiety, or a mental illness. That kind of stuff should be left off of this forum. Not naming names, but you know who you are.

Barbaloot said:
Where do you propose finding them?

A forum just like this. There could be local chapters to choose from (i.e. US - California - Los Angeles, or UK - London - *some place in London*)

somewhatlonely said:
Barbaloot said:
Where do you propose finding them?

A forum just like this. There could be local chapters to choose from (i.e. US - California - Los Angeles, or UK - London - *some place in London*)

That would make me extremely uncomfortable.

It would be most interesting for something like that to happen. I think the range of people who would meet would be massive. Like rich business people meeting utterly poor people. People who have been in relationships for years meeting people who have never been in a relationship. Would be plenty to learn and enjoy~

blackdot said:
How about everyone on this board gets together and meets up?

That would be a step in the right direction, although, I don't think everyone on this thread lives close to each other.

Latest posts

Back