Has anyone tried hypnosis?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francisco49

Reaction score
I am trying to reprogram these automatic negative thoughts that I have
regarding my self-worth, competency, and worthiness.

I was wondering if anyone has found hypnosis helpful and try to alter where there mind takes them..as in to more positive places rather then negative.

I'm pretty certain I did not develop healthy self-esteem due to being constantly teased by my sibling (middle child) daily for years and I guess I somehow thought there was something wrong with me..why else did they pick on me..

Enough with the sob story lol :rolleyes:

Any feedback regarding this would be helpful

Francisco49 said:

I was wondering if anyone has found hypnosis helpful and try to alter where there mind takes them..as in to more positive places rather then negative.

I'm pretty certain I did not develop healthy self-esteem due to being constantly teased by my sibling (middle child) daily for years and I guess I somehow thought there was something wrong with me..why else did they pick on me..

not hypnosis. I've tried some self help books that didn't really help much though !

I did a few hypnotherapy sessions for depression and other issues years ago because i didnt want to go down the medication road. For me it didnt do alot, i think because im a control freak and wouldnt relax enough and being in some weird dudes office was off-putting haha

I do find self-hypnosis helpful and you can find mp3s online for all kinds of issues, id definitely give that a try.

I hear alot of good things about hypnotherapy (which is why i tried it to begin with) but just found it wasnt for me... some people respond better than others... im an 'other'. Only way to find out is to try it?

good luck with it

Francisco49 said:

There's a guy in our family that does this for a living, I was questioning about it one time and what I got from it is that it's kinda like a placebo effect; if you believe it will help you, it will, otherwise your wasting your time.

Have u guys ever seen a hypnotised person? Theres no doubt in my mind that it works.... Like you say, you just have to want it to and believe in it. I wouldn't say a placebo type thing, hypnosis is real, and does work, but only for those who 'let' themselves be hypnotised ie, believe in it. I guess it would depend on what random cheap skate scamming is doing the 'hypnotizing' too ;-)

I knew a guy once who went through hypnosis so he could quit smoking. The guy was back to two packs a day within six months.

Even if I believed it works, something about hypnosis really creeps me out.

Paulie said:
What exactly happens when you're hypnotised and how does it help short or long term?

Do you really wanna know? It doesn't have anything to do with willies.

I tried it once but it didn't work. She still wouldn't sleep with me!

Okay, joking aside, I know it doesn't work on me, I'm not suggestive enough. But I do know that it works and if you can use it to help improve yourself by addressing your issues then I'm all for it.

Latest posts

Back