Have you been out alone to a bar/pub/club?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I go to the pub alone sometimes.
It's not too bad, sometimes you meet people you know, other times you meet new people. Depends on the place you are, of course.
Better alone than in bad company. :)

No. When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.

Hey. that would make a hell of a rock song.

Maybe get George Thurgood to sing it.;)

No I don't have the balls to go to a bar by myself, something I'd never do.

But my brother used to, mind you he has an outgoing personality.

I haven't an outgoing personality. But I don't find it too hard to enter a pub when I am alone. Especially when I am in a big town.

Yes sometimes. I go not really to meet people but to get out of the house. There is a nice little sports type of bar near me I like to go to occasionally.

I have been to the cinema alone be for. I would do that again. But I have never been to a bar by myself. I would not feel right doing that all though I do see a lot of older guys do it. So maybe I well when I get older.

there's a club and you'd like to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you, so i go and i stand on my own, and i leave on my own, and i go home and i cry and i want to die

sleepflower said:
there's a club and you'd like to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you, so i go and i stand on my own, and i leave on my own, and i go home and i cry and i want to die

If you are looking for someone special at a bar or club then you are going to be there for a while. Don't get me wrong though. I am sure once in a while there is a nice connection between people who meet eachother at such greasy places but in the end the type of quality you meet at these places is very low.

Everyone I know that has dated someone who they have met at a bar or club and tried to start a strong relationship has regretted it big time.

You never know though. You could prove me wrong. I honestly hope someone does.

sleepflower said:
Sorry to hear that. That's why I never go alone. If I don't have anyone to go with, I don't go.

I used to go to bars alone when I was younger, but I knew a lot of people at the bars.

sleepflower said:

Stop going to bars, start going to art galleries.

Unacceptance said:
sleepflower said:

There are no art galleries by me. In fact even if there was one near me, i wouldn't go, i don't leave my house anymore.

So if you dont leave your house, what options are left when it comes to finding my other half?

Well..I know i don't leave my house every often anymore.
So, i know I'm not looking.
But if was to put myself out there. I'd just be myself.
All of the relationships I've ever gotten into.
I was just minding my own bussiness.

I have to be out and about bascailly, I have to be happy with being single.
And basically get to the piont of feeling...yeah I love being single
not having to deal with relationship.
To the piont of where i can say...yeah I got it all figure out.lol
Then life has a way of telling me that I don't .lmao
So if I go to an art gallery..I'm really there for the art and the last thing I'm expecting is
to run into someone that I might fall in love with.lol

I swear to you..The day I met my ex-wife.
I told myself. "no more women becuase they're trouble"
I promise myself I'd just go to work and play my music.
That promise didn't last longer than 6 hours.lmao

Anyway, that's the way it has been for me.
It's kind of like trying to chase a butterfly .
The more you chase it, the more it'll fly away.

I remember oneday i was outside.
I saw a wild bird. I tried to get close to it to get a closer look.
But it flew away to a brench.
I reach out and held my hand open and let go of all my fears.
The bird landed on my hand...tilted it's head and looked into my eyes.
It felt almost as if god looked into my soul.

Unacceptance said:

I have been to art galleries on my own countless times. Still "i go home and i cry and i want to die"

Latest posts

Back