Have you been out alone to a bar/pub/club?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sanal said:
By the posts here I guess its not safe or fun for girls to go alone but for boys its kinda okay

I think as sad as that is I would have to go along with what you just said.

When I go out there is always lots moor guys out then girls as well.

yes i have, many of times. I've just sat in the corner with my pint of Stella and watched everyone. Now i just sit on my own in the house and stare into my pint here. Wow i have such an interesting life that i amaze myself sometimes.

stella said:
yes i have, many of times. I've just sat in the corner with my pint of Stella and watched everyone. Now i just sit on my own in the house and stare into my pint here. Wow i have such an interesting life that i amaze myself sometimes.

I would have a drink with you but i dont think you would want to haha :)

oops i forgot my reply :) People keep looking at me when im on my own so i dont go out alone. It makes me sweat and think why are they looking at me haha

punisher said:
stella said:

what makes you think that?

One thing i cannot do is go shopping on my own, all those crowds and people staring makes me really uncomfortable, and makes me panic. I buy everything online now instead.

stella said:
punisher said:
stella said:

One thing i cannot do is go shopping on my own, all those crowds and people staring makes me really uncomfortable, and makes me panic. I buy everything online now instead.

Hey ! Stop copying me, i do the same :)

stella said:
punisher said:
stella said:

Why not just go during odd hours? Works for me, for the few things I actually have to go outside to buy.

Unacceptance said:
stella said:

Why not just go during odd hours? Works for me, for the few things I actually have to go outside to buy.

Not sure where you live, but most shops here close at 5pm, and are always busy with crowds of people and screaming kids who stare at me for some reason.

stella said:
Unacceptance said:
stella said:

Not sure where you live, but most shops here close at 5pm, and are always busy with crowds of people and screaming kids who stare at me for some reason.
Most supermarkets are 24 hours, and they sell loads of things now. If you go early about 2am-5am your almost by yourself. But you can get what they havnt got online. You should find one in your area and try it, you'll feel much better :)

stella said:
Unacceptance said:
stella said:

Well the crowds I can sympathize with but it sounds like the little screaming children are stopping to admire (Do they scream AND stare at the same time?). When I come through, kids scatter like I'm Captain Hook invading Peter Pan's crib.

punisher said:
Most supermarkets are 24 hours, and they sell loads of things now. If you go early about 2am-5am your almost by yourself. But you can get what they havnt got online. You should find one in your area and try it, you'll feel much better :)

Yeah thats great that, i have to be up at 6am for work, so i'll spend the time when i should be sleeping, wandering around Swansea in the pitch black, with all the drunks, druggies and prostitutes. Sounds like a riot. Lol

stella said:
punisher said:

Yeah thats great that, i have to be up at 6am for work, so i'll spend the time when i should be sleeping, wandering around Swansea in the pitch black, with all the drunks, druggies and prostitutes. Sounds like a riot. Lol
:D it cant be that bad, newports worse and i dont think i walked past one person on my way yet. Anyway it was only a suggestion.

punisher said:
:D it cant be that bad, newports worse and i dont think i walked past one person on my way yet. Anyway it was only a suggestion.

too be fair, i have to agree, i was in Newport late at night and i can honestly say i was scared for my life. lol

stella said:
punisher said:

too be fair, i have to agree, i was in Newport late at night and i can honestly say i was scared for my life. lol
Yeah :D its getting worse now. I would'nt recomend walking alone here.

I have before .. it's a rather odd feeling to a single female.. not waiting on anyone to join you, alone at a bar (but especially at a club).

It wasn't as bad when I was younger, but now that I'm older .. I feel very self conscious about sitting alone, while everyone around me is with either another person or a group of people.

It's almost like I feel like an intruder or something, very odd feeling.

Twingle said:
I have before .. it's a rather odd feeling to a single female.. not waiting on anyone to join you, alone at a bar (but especially at a club).

It wasn't as bad when I was younger, but now that I'm older .. I feel very self conscious about sitting alone, while everyone around me is with either another person or a group of people.

It's almost like I feel like an intruder or something, very odd feeling.

That's how I feel. Sometimes even if I am with someone I feel like an outsider. Not a feeling I like.

i've been out to a cafe alone but wouldn't dare go to a place where they serve alcohol. it's different for women i guess...i don't wanna get picked up by some sleezy guy who thinks i'm there for 1 thing, yknow?
If i were a guy, I probably would. I haven't gone to a bar for at least 8 years.
alonelyshyboy said:

ive never been able to go to a pub / club / cinema on my own..in fact i shy away from certain stores when there is no-one in them since i dont want to be the only one there and observed by the sales staff, i know its absurd but can't help it lol

Latest posts

Back