Have you been out alone to a bar/pub/club?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DayvanCowboy said:
If you are looking for someone special at a bar or club then you are going to be there for a while. Don't get me wrong though. I am sure once in a while there is a nice connection between people who meet eachother at such greasy places but in the end the type of quality you meet at these places is very low.

Everyone I know that has dated someone who they have met at a bar or club and tried to start a strong relationship has regretted it big time.

You never know though. You could prove me wrong. I honestly hope someone does.

bars and clubs in general arent 'greasy places'... they were made specifically for people to socialize(and for the owners to make loads out of the alcohol sold). pubs are awesome because they were MADE for people to make friends and for men and women to meet(or men and men, or women and women :D)

i think you havent been to enough clubs.

sleepflower said:
there's a club and you'd like to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you, so i go and i stand on my own, and i leave on my own, and i go home and i cry and i want to die

those are lyrics i know they are!

LOL, The Smiths :D:D

But aye, I have done that pretty often. I find it pretty nice to be honest. Grab some lunch at the pub, and have a pint and smoke in the sun shine.

Clubs are a little more hard work must admit, I always get the drunkest chick heckling me. So I don't do that very often anymore.

suedehead42 said:
Clubs are a little more hard work must admit, I always get the drunkest chick heckling me. So I don't do that very often anymore.

I wish I'd get heckled by drunk chicks... :(

i dotn go to bars etc.. since i dont drink but . most the time lately i go to cinema and resturents alone
it sucks when u look all around ppl are in grps except u.
but it beats staying home in bed alone

I have, I dont like it. I feel really uncomfortable or out of place.
Maybe if I was more into sports it would be better, but besides that I have no clue what to talk about with people I dont know.

Everytime I came in such places not alone but eventualy in about 10 minutes since going there I stayed alone when my "friends" go away to meet new people easily or old ones. And I was sitting and drinking alone. Pretty bad feeling I must tell you. Ofcourse I am going to cinema alone cuz everyone else don't want to for different reasons. This year I said to myself "enough of all that crap". Why would everyone ask me to go somewhere and then leaving there alone or just saying that they can't go just before we gathered and then going with other company? Now, I don't visit such places at all. Bars because I don't like smokes, clubs because it is too loud and I have shity mood. Only cinema, still I have young brother and he is going with me on some movies. I have family and one friend which has problems of his own but somehow he deals with them.
Well anyway. I want to go to bar sometimes but I realy don't know what the hell I will do there. So I don't go.

Lots of times. The friends I had are busy or married or moved away. I had a girlfriend for 2 years recently but she was sick alot. Would have loved to take her out and tried to several times. In particular out dancing. Sadly, one of my best friends right now is my nephew. He is about 26 now and great company but is now also very busy and works constantly or is with his fiancee. I am almost 40 but appear about 10 years younger according to everyone. My tastes are as they were when I was an older teen and in my twenties. So I like a dark room with classic new wave and goth music. But I like alot of newer stuff too and most genres, and enjoy folk concerts, house music, and very occasionally movies. But guess what? Most often I go alone. I reach a threshhold - I get so pissed that I "can't" go out and do these things just because alot of people my age in my area are married off. Or because so many people are younger. The anger is what keeps me going out, actually, but I do reach points where I do not want to tolerate feeling uncomfortable any more, and I have not yet mastered that. My friends are few and far between. I live in the U.S. and, yay, last November I went to see an old friend who lives in southern france, and I attend social gatherings of a spiritual nature too, but all these people so far have families of very busy in their professions. Still chipping away at a solution. What I am trying to do next is try to project a "not care" attitude and confidence. As if I were not in the least uncomfortable showing up at clubs alone and dancing alone. Maybe that will help, but it does not help the basic, primal instinct that people may have - to leave the sick, lonely or oppressed alone.

I have drinking problems, I don't think I'll be able to get home alive if I go to a pub alone :(

I've never even been out to a pub/bar with people, let alone on my own. Recently however, I have been tempted to go to the cinema on my own. I just don't know if it is socially acceptable to go to the cinema by oneself. But hey - what does it matter what other people think? Maybe if I am lucky there will be other people there that will be alone. Chances are good that they'll also be expats, or at least able to speak english (going to the only cinema that plays movies in english in the city).

Yeah I went to the local bar on my own a few years ago.
The result was a crowd of drunken hillbillies flocking around me asking for hugs and kisses and if I could sit on their lap.
The questions were amusing for about a minute, then just plain annoying.
However, one guy asked me if I wanted to dance with him, and we had a very fun dance (because I really stink at dancing swing!) :D

I won't go on my own again. I'll drag my sister with me when she's well enough from her Yasmin trauma to handle alcohol again...May it be soon!

Oh I went to the cinema on my own once too, and it was GREAT because I was the ONLY ONE THERE!!
I had the whole cinema to myself lol just me and the ticket guy haha :D

No because when i was with a bunch of coworkers there were these older older men who were trying to talk to us. One guy didn't want to stop talking me at one point i told him i had to go but he then walked me out to my car. If people weren't there watching over I think something could have happened further so... i only go when others are going. Bars are fun cause you act your goofiest and no one cares clubs i believe are alittle different... i don't know.

By the posts here I guess its not safe or fun for girls to go alone but for boys its kinda okay

Caesium said:
I've never even been out to a pub/bar with people, let alone on my own. Recently however, I have been tempted to go to the cinema on my own. I just don't know if it is socially acceptable to go to the cinema by oneself. But hey - what does it matter what other people think? Maybe if I am lucky there will be other people there that will be alone. Chances are good that they'll also be expats, or at least able to speak english (going to the only cinema that plays movies in english in the city).

Me and Minus have been discussing this exact same thing very recently in PM.

I have gone to the cinema alone be for and enjoyed it. And so has Minus. I agreed with him when he said all though he would still enjoy the film its not the same after cos you don't go and discuss whats happend over having a bight to eat.

Even though you don't get to discuss whats happend in the film I would still recermend going. I did not feel weird at all in going alone. I thought I would but I did not. It is something I would do again.

Ask your self what you think of ppl you see that have gone alone. I bet it was nothing bad.

As for as going to a bar. I know of my locals where guys do go alone. But every time I have been seat in a bar alone I have felt well, Alone. This has only happend say when me mate has gone to the toilet or something though. But I don't think going to a bar alone is something I could do.

Latest posts

Back