Have you ever been bullied in school?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you been bullied in school?

• Yes

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Spy

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if you have been physically or psychologically bullied in school?

Thanks for answering!

Yes, I was bullied at school. It was horrible. But I found being bullied at work worse, as I had thought that adults would have known better.

Thanks for answering my posts.

When I was in high school, I was bullied for about four years. It didn't stop until my physical education teacher told me several times:

"Defend yourself. Punch one and they will stop."

He also told this to my parents when it was the teacher-parents meeting. My parents told me the same thing. Eventually, a few weeks later I started to defend myself and to punch guys. I fought six times in about two or three months and I won all my fights.

Today, if I see a kid that has been bullied my best advice would be to defend yourself and to punch the guys. It was the best thing I have done in my whole life because after this point, I started to improve myself and improve my self-confidence ...

that may not work in every case tho..
sometimes when you attempt to defend yourself they see it was a new game. "hey look!, he thinks he's a tuff guy?"
I've always found that bullies look to target people they can intimidate. when the intimidation tactics fail they move on to the next person.
some may never give up.
I knew a guy in elementary school that I met again near the end of high school and then saw him again years later at a car dealership. and this guy only seemed to be more of an idiot as he aged and still had that gleam in his eye when he looked at me as if he thought he still had some power over me. (even though I could snap his neck like a twigg now if we were left alone together for a moment)
some people just have that mentality and the only way to get rid of them is to become invisible to them, kick the crap out of them, or if someone else starts to bully him.

I personnally think that bullies tend to harass people that don't defend themselves. When you begin to defend, most of the bullies will find another easier victim.

My second best advice would be to start boxing training. Boxing had a major impacts on my life. It's 100% cardio and you are proud when you finish your training.

The best advice, and the one most will give you is to just walk away. Fighting back isn't going to work for everyone, if the bully is bigger and stronger than you they will just beat you to a pulp if you hit them. Some bullies want to get a reaction out of the person, they want you to fight back. If you are/were bullied by more than one person you can't go around punching them all thinking it will solve your problem. When I was in high school I was shorter, skinnier, and weaker than most, if I ever dare hit even one of the people that bullied me they would have beaten the snot out of me.

Any other members that have been bullied in school?

Only a few members have voted but I already see that most of us (at least for now) have been bullied in the past.

Yeah back in elementary school i was physically bullied a lil bit. Nothing too serious but still, i remember they would push me around, or hit me on the head, etc. One day i finally stood up and fought one of them. Ever since that day ive never been bullied.

Note: the main bully and i actually became best friends after lol! :p

Yes through out the School Years I was bullied by different type of kids in School. When I switched schools or went to a different school I thought eventually it would stop but I kept getting teased and made fun of. In 5th grade it wasn't as bad which I was very thankful of, but once I was in High School it got even worse sadly to say. And people made fun of me over the stupidest things.

I personally think that what attracts the bullies is the look and behavior of their victim. From what I have seen at my schools, bullies are normally searching for easy victims. They want a victim that will not respond too much to their attack because if the situation becomes out of control, they want to be exit fast and without any humiliation.

The kind of behavior that attracts bullies is somebody that is shy, quiet, doesn't reply, solitary, lacking self-confidence and a lot of others. If somebody reply the first time he is attacked by the bullies, chances are that he or she will not be attacked again. People are always searching for easy things and easy victims are their prey.

Spy said:
I personally think that what attracts the bullies is the look and behavior of their victim. From what I have seen at my schools, bullies are normally searching for easy victims. They want a victim that will not respond too much to their attack because if the situation becomes out of control, they want to be exit fast and without any humiliation.

The kind of behavior that attracts bullies is somebody that is shy, quiet, doesn't reply, solitary, lacking self-confidence and a lot of others. If somebody reply the first time he is attacked by the bullies, chances are that he or she will not be attacked again. People are always searching for easy things and easy victims are their prey.

I would agree with this. That was why I was bullied.

Skid Row 89 said:
Was driven to the brink of suicide during the latter half of high school. I couldn't get out of there soon enough.

I hope everything is fine for you now? A lot of people don't take bullying seriously. They think that with the time, everything is going to be ok but most of the time it's not always the case.

I was lucky to "avoid" bullying in school. I suppose some people took a disliking to me and tried, but I was naive and energetic prior to middle school when depression began to set in. I didn't care or particularly notice as a child if someone was trying to give me a hard time, and afterwards I spent too little time around people to be noticed.

Latest posts

Back