Have you ever experienced true loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaetic said:
Unix said:
TheRealCallie said:
Um, not so much no.  Because NO ONE can help you or be of use to you when you don't give a fresia about anything or anyone.  LONELINESS can be true even when you have people are around you.  It doesn't matter if people care about you or not.  I can guarantee you that I was more lonely than you could possibly imagine, even though I had my kids with me every **** day and people kept trying to talk to me because IT DID NOT MATTER because I hated myself and wanted nothing except to wallow in my own misery.  I even lost a few friends because I pushed every **** person in my life away.  
Don't talk to me about TRUE loneliness because I know what it is.  Don't make claims if you have never walked in the shoes of someone who does have people in their lives.
I get it, you are lonely, most of the people here are, but don't put claims as to what TRUE loneliness is because that can NOT be determined.  TRUE loneliness is when you are lonely, not whether or not you have people in your life.

Then your situation was completely different because you have choosen loneliness, you had people in your life and you rejected them. This is a imposed loneliness that you have choosen to embrace. Not what i was talking about

I do have sympathy for you though, and I hope it gets better for you.

So, this is how pity looks like  :p  Thanks for the encoragement, will try again. I have still 80 years to live here

Everyone here ir right and wrong at the same time. Yes, there are several kind of loneliness caused by differents social and mental problems but in my opinion there aren't comparable, and yes, no point in compare loneliness but there are kinds of loneliness which are way worse than others ( yeah, i'm judging ) and i was searching someone who might actually understand me, not for an argument, and just one guy here is in the same condition. 

Btw i love arguments, they improve my ability to handle people so don't restrict yourself from sayin harsh and nasty things, often the truth is quite uncomfortable and when someone tells you things that you are consciously trying to avoid it stikes and wake up your soul

Doggodemon1000 said:
From about 12 to 19 I experienced crippling loneliness when my best friend for about 5 or 6 years stopped talking to me. I don't know if you could really consider that true loneliness but at times after that until I  met my friend from England I felt pretty suicidal.

Sometimes being a human sucks :/

My "Ex" best friend left me when he finally was able to get some pussy. The worst thing is that he was already 18 when he made this decision, so i can't say that he was a child and excuses like that. By the way, why he stopped talk to you?

wallflower79 said:
I just want to clarify, I do know how lucky I have it that I have people to interact with, and that they are probably not all out to get me, but I would like to point out that my believing that people are out to get me is not completely my fault. I do have a mental illness, and I am not able to shake off the feeling that others are out to get me and destroy my happiness and well being and it is not something that I can just "think away," because, believe me, I have tried. I am lucky I am able to get out of bed out of morning and take a shower and go to work, and frankly, I am lucky with my condition not to be homeless. I just read a news article recanting the life of a deceased homeless woman who had a similar mental ailment to mine. I think often what would happen if I became homeless, how lonely then I would feel, to be begging just to sustain my life and have people not even make eye contact with me and sleep alone on a concrete sidewalk like those I used to see every day as I walk past to work when I lived in the city. I know it's not logical, but it seems an insurmountable task for me to trust other people and believe that they do not want to hurt me. A person can be alone inside their mind, and there are pariahs that people consciously avoid talking to. I'm just saying.

I'm conviced that everything that happens to us is our responsability. Of course we can't control what is giong to happen but is our responsability to act upon things. Take me for example, now while i'm writting this i might be outside trying to pickup a girl or form a friendship or learn some new skills. Truth is if you show your weaknesses people often will try to stab you cause this is a natural istinct. Is like running away from a bear. The best thing to do is reinforce the back that is going to be stabbed, because if we ( and i'm talking to myself too ) continue to hide from life we will never find true peace. That is my opinion

Unix said:
I'm conviced that everything that happens to us is our responsability. Of course we can't control what is giong to happen but is our responsability to act upon things. Take me for example, now while i'm writting this i might be outside trying to pickup a girl or form a friendship or learn some new skills. Truth is if you show your weaknesses people often will try to stab you cause this is a natural istinct. Is like running away from a bear. The best thing to do is reinforce the back that is going to be stabbed, because if we ( and i'm talking to myself too ) continue to hide from life we will never find true peace. That is my opinion

I agree it is our responsibility on how we react to situations. This is what I am working with that in counseling. I can be calm about a situation, or let myself stress out. We also are not responsible for how others react to situations. We cannot own others feelings. If they don't like something about us, or how we do something, that is their problem, not ours (with the exception of extremes of course).  I think at that point people can find peace.

Ah, yes. "Forever aloneness".

I've dealt with it my entire life, for sure. I've never had any real circle of friends, and the ones I did temporarily have close attachments to either abruptly disappeared or simply gravitated away. I've spent the majority of my life in reclusion, resigned from humanity in general with the exception of some online communication, most of which is unproductive and toxic.

It's like I have the body of a lesbian, yet the mind of a male autist. Female incel, without the irrational resentment and toxic rhetoric.

sometimesthewolf said:
yet the mind of a male autist.

Youre not kidding if you like electronic music production. Theres nothing more male !! True Loneliness must be another word for isolation here, I am isolated.

There's a comfort to be found in true loneliness. As long as they don't take my sky, and how they've tried, you never feel truly alone.

Well I have been dumped before and I can surely say it is the worst feeling in the world. Me and my ex were going out for almost a year but we “drifted” apart due to personality differences and a mounting pile of other things. One day he just called me and we met up and he said it was over cus he was leaving town. I feel like he took the easy way out. I wish we had taken the time to sort out our differences. The day he dumped me I just slept all day and didn’t eat anything. I wanted to just vanish. At least I learned how to be a better person cus of the time I spent with him.

Latest posts

Back